THE BROWNS BOARD

Road rage leaves man shot and killed

StinkHole

The driver of one of the vehicles with family inside follows the driver of a truck to his home.

The driver of the truck comes out of his home with a gun and kills the other driver in front of his family.

Both drivers were talking with 911 operators accusing each other of driving recklessly.

The 911 operator said no no no to the driver that was killed not to follow the other driver to his home.

Was this a case of stand your ground, or is the shooter guilty of murder?

Warning: Some of the sounds you are about to hear may be unsuitable and uncomfortable for you.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/27/us/florida-road-rage-killing/

He was the bigger idiot IMO.

I agree.

Following someone is not going to end well, most times

It's all bad. Like I said I let traffic roll off my shoulders. I do agree he should not have followed the guy home that is asking for trouble but I'm not sure guy #1 had to shoot him dead over it. Aim for the legs maybe.

I understand your conundrum. Nobody is saying the guy deserves to be shot dead for road rage.

But as the shooter, you don't know the maniac-who-just-followed-you-home-because-you-didn't-see/signal's motives. If you have any self defense training (which you absolutely should if you're carrying) you aim center mass and squeeze until the threat is neutralized.

Kneecap shots are for the movies and don't work.

Not trying to nitpick and be derisive but warning shots are not taught in self defense. That gives the "attacker" time to put a bead on you or possibly harm someone else etc. In a lot of places warning shots are against the law and will get you negligent discharge charges filed.

Ideally, training would have taught the shooter to attempt to get into his house and verbally warn the "attacker" and if the attacker continued pursuit and you felt your life was still in imminent danger- center of mass, exhale, squeeze.

Frankly I'd probably try to fire a warning shot first to be honest. But then I really don't want to be responsible for anyone's death unless they absolutely made me.

Like Legacy said, warning shots are something you see on TV or the movies.

If you are willing to pull the trigger in real life, you aim for the torso, not the legs, or arms, or even the head.

I don't really give a rip what's taught in self defense. I think I may have stated before at some point that I am roughly the same size as joe thomas and have a blue belt in jit jitsu. Unless this guy is showing me his own gun i would most likely opt to settle it via non lethal methodology.

I get it you guys very much have a shoot first ask questions later mentality and there's certainly times where that is warranted. I'm just not sure this was one of them.

Do we know the size of these guys?

What if the guy that does the following is 6'4" 250lbs, and the guy that was being followed is 5'4" and 130 lbs?

I get it you guys very much have a shoot first ask questions later mentality and there's certainly times where that is warranted. I'm just not sure this was one of them.

Not sure you're comprehending....

Try to make it inside the house while *verbally* warning the "attacker". Only then if you are pursued and still feel your life is in imminent danger, open fire.

Re-read where I said that previously. I'm not really tracking how that's "shoot first, ask questions later". Should we presume that you're a "punch first ask questions later" type?

5'5" definitely qualifies for napoleon syndrome

So does a guy 6'6" have a green giant syndrome?

Archived