THE BROWNS BOARD

Jeb Bush on Science and Climate Change

MLD Woody

http://www.bna.com/jeb-bush-takes-n17179934073/

Bush: The climate is changing; I don’t think anybody can argue it’s not. Human activity has contributed to it. I think we have a responsibility to adapt to what the possibilities are without destroying our economy, without hollowing out our industrial core.

Bush: Generally, I think as conservatives we should embrace innovation, embrace technology, embrace science. It's the source of a lot more solutions than any government-imposed idea and sometimes I sense that we pull back from the embrace of these things. We shouldn't. We're the party that should be the party of discovery, the party of science, the party of innovation and tear down the barriers so that those things can accelerate in our lives to find solutions for all these things.

Is he trying to NOT get the nomination?

He and Trump seem to be racing to the bottom of the republican ladder

Is he trying to NOT get the nomination?

He and Trump seem to be racing to the bottom of the republican ladder

Except they are doing quite well in polls as woody just showed. I won't vote for Jeb because there should never be another bush in the white house.

The polls reflect political statements, not an across-the-board determination

of who they want to really be president.

When it all settles in, the various demographics, and questions, etc etcetc...

of these polls subside when it gets to be time

to really seriously say who the real presidential nominee will be.

A tiny indication of mebbe...nothing.

Except they are doing quite well in polls as woody just showed. I won't vote for Jeb because there should never be another bush in the white house.

apparently these polls don't count now...

The more registered Reps that vote for Trump, the worse Reps as a whole look.

He actually made a reasonable middle ground suggestion but you can clearly see that the republican party has gone batshit insane. If the republican party overall was that kind of reasonable saying look we have two sides to look at here and we need to find some middle ground without sticking our heads up our asses...i'd be a republican again. But they don't want to find any middle ground solutions. Everything is ultra right or ultra left anymore. It's vomitous.

With Trump vs a few other reasonable candidates it looks like the Rep party is split (based on these polls). The far right, Top Right News, (Tea Party?), Trump and others side of things. And the more moderate, more reasonable, (called RINOs as an insult by the other group), Bush and others side of things.

If it isn't settled by 2016, Clinton walks into the White House.

If it isn't settled by 2016, Clinton walks into the White House.

which is why they're desperately trying to make this email thing stick. She's the Teflon lady though. She basically at this point just has to keep her mouth shut and she can start measuring for drapes in a couple months.

Simmer down boys. Polls have a way of shifting and changing a great deal in a year.

I can't see myself voting for Donald Trump in the primary but if it was him against Hillary or Bernie Sanders? No doubt. As for Jeb Bush he made it pretty reasonable statement just about my own exact opinion of it. Sure mankind probably has an effect and no point freaking out to do something that won't help if we don't know what we're doing. The other side just wants to throw tax money in the air. That's the solution to just about everything.

WSS

. The other side just wants to throw tax money in the air. That's the solution to just about everything.

WSS

except thats not true at all. People who have been warning about climate change for decades said long ago we can start this slowly now or some time in the future it will have to be drastic society wide changes. The longer we wait the more profound the solutions will have to be in the future. This isn't a left or right thing, i'm livid with our culture for turning it into that. Decades ago we had to, as a society, tell certain players in our free mkt that we're not demanding those goods anymore that come from these activities which so put our environment at risk.

except thats not true at all. People who have been warning about climate change for decades said long ago we can start this slowly now or some time in the future it will have to be drastic society wide changes. The longer we wait the more profound the solutions will have to be in the future. This isn't a left or right thing, i'm livid with our culture for turning it into that. Decades ago we had to, as a society, tell certain players in our free mkt that we're not demanding those goods anymore that come from these activities which so put our environment at risk.

But we keep demanding this cheap junk, so we passed the buck, and let China make all of our cheap crap.

Now we can claim less emissions even though China is producing way more emissions, because their Gov't doesn't care about that

In past decades the Doomsday crowd has warned of climate change in many forms. I don't suppose you could really describe any of the solutions proposed by the left as something other than taxes.

The two biggest panaceas are the street Energy Tax and the more convoluted cap and trade. Both of them just making producing goods harder or moee expensive.

If you can think of a different description besides Tax let me know.

WSS

Please tell me that is sarcasm, Chris.

I'm truly shocked you don't agree with me.

^Sarcasm. Basically, he seems slightly more central than people like your beloved doctor, cruz and rubio, for which I assume he will be pilloried by sections of the GOP. But, for the same reason, he has a chance to win some of the swing/dem votes, which the others probably don't.

What makes Jeb a RINO. Or better yet, what makes someone a "Real Republican"? At this point I feel like it is just being far right, Tea Party, 1950s, "Real America", etc.

Why does any step to the middle from there become a "fake" Republican?

What makes Jeb a RINO. Or better yet, what makes someone a "Real Republican"? At this point I feel like it is just being far right, Tea Party, 1950s, "Real America", etc.

Fact..Obama is the most far left extremist President ever. With Bill Clinton there was at least middle ground. There is no middle ground anymore, its the liberal way or the highway. Ask Harry Reid the obstructionist how many Republican sponsored bills and amendments that had bi partisan support he left sitting on his desk refusing to put before the Senate.

In past decades the Doomsday crowd has warned of climate change in many forms. I don't suppose you could really describe any of the solutions proposed by the left as something other than taxes.

The two biggest panaceas are the street Energy Tax and the more convoluted cap and trade. Both of them just making producing goods harder or moee expensive.

If you can think of a different description besides Tax let me know.

WSS

do you watch the news at all?

It would be helpful if you could outline why you believe the Tea Party is extremists and right wing. Beyond the horse shit that's been regurgitated by MSNBC and Jon Stewart. Smaller government less foreign intervention more self reliance lower taxes and less interference with business. None of these things sound particularly extremist to me.

I'll give you one example, the government shut down when we reached the limits of the bi partisan budget agreement.

How many times has it come up with and how many times have Republicans or Democrats caved?

We could go issue by issue but I think people on both sides want their party to stand up for principle which they almost never do in the end. A compromise is the same as a loss. Your choice among candidates might just come down to somebody that buckles under pressure or goes down fighting.

The Republicans have seen candidates like John McCain try to play nice and appear moderate and seem like a moderate.

Still he was painted as a right-wing lunatic still got his ass handed to him.

WSS

Archived