THE BROWNS BOARD

Jeb Bush on Science and Climate Change

MLD Woody

It would be helpful if you could outline why you believe the Tea Party is extremists and right wing. Beyond the horse shit that's been regurgitated by MSNBC and Jon Stewart. Smaller government less foreign intervention more self reliance lower taxes and less interference with business. None of these things sound particularly extremist to me.

I'll give you one example, the government shut down when we reached the limits of the bi partisan budget agreement.

How many times has it come up with and how many times have Republicans or Democrats caved?

We could go issue by issue but I think people on both sides want their party to stand up for principle which they almost never do in the end. A compromise is the same as a loss. Your choice among candidates might just come down to somebody that buckles under pressure or goes down fighting.

The Republicans have seen candidates like John McCain try to play nice and appear moderate and seem like a moderate.

Still he was painted as a right-wing lunatic still got his ass handed to him.

WSS

Yes, the same people who inundated us with that birther bullshit for years, they're not extreme at all. You don't judge them by their website, you judge them by the beleifs of the people they run for office. One of those loons held the belief, and this is true, that masturbation is adultery. You can't make that up. The tea party are a collection of loons and weirdo's that get pandered to by other loons and weirdos.

It would be helpful if you could outline why you believe the Tea Party is extremists and right wing. Beyond the horse shit that's been regurgitated by MSNBC and Jon Stewart. Smaller government less foreign intervention more self reliance lower taxes and less interference with business. None of these things sound particularly extremist to me.

I'll give you one example, the government shut down when we reached the limits of the bi partisan budget agreement.

How many times has it come up with and how many times have Republicans or Democrats caved?

We could go issue by issue but I think people on both sides want their party to stand up for principle which they almost never do in the end. A compromise is the same as a loss. Your choice among candidates might just come down to somebody that buckles under pressure or goes down fighting.

The Republicans have seen candidates like John McCain try to play nice and appear moderate and seem like a moderate.

Still he was painted as a right-wing lunatic still got his ass handed to him.

WSS

I don't believe I ever used the word extremist...

And look at it like this. Jeb Bush basically said "Hey, science isn't that bad. Plus man made climate change, which virtually every climatologist agrees I'd happening, is probably happening". And now we have posters on this board ready to throw him off of the Conservative ship.

Yes, the same people who inundated us with that birther bullshit for years, they're not extreme at all. You don't judge them by their website, you judge them by the beleifs of the people they run for office. One of those loons held the belief, and this is true, that masturbation is adultery. You can't make that up. The tea party are a collection of loons and weirdo's that get pandered to by other loons and weirdos.

None of that is part and parcel of what the loosely based Tea Party stands for. That's just bullshit that the left-wing crackpots want you do believe and you do.

WSS

Not being an asshole dude, just wondering if you watch the news cause something just happened yesterday in regards to this subject that apparently you didn't catch.

I've been on the island since early yesterday morning. Why don't you tell me the big solution the left has for global warming. Which I actually believe it exists and I believe mankind has at least something to do with. How much? Who knows.

So if the Democrats have some fresh new insight within the last 24 hours by all means let's hear it.

WSS

I don't believe I ever used the word extremist...

And look at it like this. Jeb Bush basically said "Hey, science isn't that bad. Plus man made climate change, which virtually every climatologist agrees I'd happening, is probably happening". And now we have posters on this board ready to throw him off of the Conservative ship.

Can't help you Woody. I'm not all that conservative nor do I know anyone here who claims to be a tea party member. I'm not saying they haven't, just I can't recll.

WSS

I don't believe there is a "membership" formally.

But the smaller gov, control entitlements, no raising of taxes....

is a very smart, American way of thinking.

That is the Tea Party. I've been to two Tea Party rallies. I know this stuff.

But the thinking of the left is so corrupt, that they emotionally puke out negative stuff

about anybody that isn't left, so they can marginalize them, etc...

to their own political benefit.

Can't help you Woody. I'm not all that conservative nor do I know anyone here who claims to be a tea party member. I'm not saying they haven't, just I can't recll.

WSS

Look, call it what you like, but it seems as if we have a split within the Republican party. One group being more conservative than the other. This is generally associated with the Tea Party, "Real America", etc. Look no further than the posts and reactions of some of the members on here. The fact that acknowledging man made climate change makes you "not a real Republican" is a great example.

This probably exists on the left as well. The main difference I see though is a major split from the party didn't start up and create their own, to be reckoned with, political group (The Tea Party).

And yes, on its surface, there is nothing wrong with the tea party. But you can break almost any group down to vague phrases and ideals and make them sound great. "individual liberties" "less govt intrusion" "responsible taxation and spending" etc etc. All of that sounds lovely.

But when it has to include the desperate grasping of outdated social policies (a handful of religious issues, gay marriage, etc) you get the appearance of an old, striving for the 50s, "Real America", far right wing group.

If anyone from the above group runs for the Reps they wont be getting any middle ground votes. If someone from this group runs as an independent, they'll split the vote and dig their own grave.

No one is saying the candidate needs to abandon everything on their side to run. But they have to realize they're behind the times on a handful of issues. Insulting members of your party that understand this fact is not the way to win an election.

At least, in my opinion.

I've been on the island since early yesterday morning. Why don't you tell me the big solution the left has for global warming. Which I actually believe it exists and I believe mankind has at least something to do with. How much? Who knows.

So if the Democrats have some fresh new insight within the last 24 hours by all means let's hear it.

WSS

So you missed Obama's new power plant regulations? Really? It's all over the news.

First of all there's a primary election coming up and everybody needs to distance themselves from the opponent.

Second as I said, most of the shrieking about the Tea Party comes from left wing media. I mean there is some guys I probably wouldn't vote for the primary but if they were running against Hillary or especially Bernie Sanders... But that won't happen until after the primary.

I personally think the polls give you a skewed idea of some of these social issues. I don't think many people give that much of a fuck about gay marriage. Not in the way you seem to. If the Supreme Court had said call it whatever you want social contract etcetera etcetera it will have all the same rights but it won't be cold marriage, I think most people would be glad enough. Some have to have the hardest left position.

But not many people are that adamant.

The only evidence I can produces that when it was on the ballot and went down in flames it did so and strongly Democrat districts. The biggest homophobes, xenophobe and racist I know or blue collar Republican hating Democrats.

But I think the big differences are just want the left-wing New wants to report. After the primary it will be mostly forgotten. If enough Republicans hate the nominee and don't vote they will get what they deserve.

WSS

So you like watching Al Sharpton?

I usually watch an hour or so each morning, morning Joe, a panel show and you get to hear what the bad guys are up to; on occasion I will watch some Rachel Maddow Al Sharpton or Chris Matthews just to see what the hardcore loons are up to. I think Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews are shrill but fairly consistent and intelligent period Sharpton is one of the biggest clowns in politics. I'm amazed they give that idiot a show.

WSS

. I'm amazed they give that idiot a show.

WSS

you can't seriously be amazed anymore at the quality of people who get their own tv shows are you? Trump had his show, Glen Beck had a show.....fucking Jesse James still has some show or another, like he hasn't jumped the shark, who else? Fucking Bruce Caitlin Jenner now has a show. You seeing the pattern? Assholes, morons and trainwrecks get pushed to the front of the line in this culture.

Archived