THE BROWNS BOARD

This is why food stamps need banned

WalterWhite

I spent $340 at Kroger before rewards savings on Friday

How long will those groceries last? I'm sure you remember the college days since I think you graduated relatively recently. $50 can go a long way if it's all you've got. It all depends on how "luxuriously" you eat.

It will go a long ass time.

I went shopping when I was starving, and bought everything that looked appetizing. But all of that food will last a while.

It is really nothing fancy too.

Is everything canned or frozen? I sort of picture you eating cold spaghetti-o's out of a can for dinner most nights.

I see you eating frozen entrees and thinking you're fancy for it. Cysko

No, no, no. I like my vegetable soup, ham and cheese, yankee pot roast with mashed potatoes,

and fried bluegill. My favorite thing is BLT's. I could eat those all day long, every day, all summer.

And big mugs of green tea, and root beer, and real lemonade. And once in a while,

nutritonal smoothies.

which reminds me, I need to ask a neighbor for permission to night hunt for big bullfrogs

around his pond. Need froglegs. Love my little deep fryer.

I see you eating frozen entrees and thinking you're fancy for it. Cysko

No, no, no. I like my vegetable soup, ham and cheese, yankee pot roast with mashed potatoes,

and fried bluegill. My favorite thing is BLT's. I could eat those all day long, every day, all summer.

And big mugs of green tea, and root beer, and real lemonade. And once in a while,

nutritonal smoothies.

which reminds me, I need to ask a neighbor for permission to night hunt for big bullfrogs

around his pond. Need froglegs. Love my little deep fryer.

I was talking to woody. I expect farmers to eat real food. Although what you listed doesn't help the impression that you're playing a gee whiz Andy Griffith character

I was talking to woody. I expect farmers to eat real food. Although what you listed doesn't help the impression that you're playing a gee whiz Andy Griffith character Cysko

Oops. My bad. But what I said...is no lie. Well, and pizza, but my Wifie refuses to ever let

me have them put anchovies on it. Oh, and it's getting near time to start making our old time favorite -

sage sausage, fried up/browned real well... get grease out of the skillet, add big bowl of diced green tomatoes and

banana peppers, saute' til it cooks down. Salt/pepper....and it's a sausage sloppy joe that is very excellent.

And bisquits and gravy, and fried potatoes. ..."sigh"

Cal lures bullfrogs then kills them. You are pure evil Cal. Stuart

Nah. A long pole with a red feather fly on the end works great. But it's more fun to wade

through the water neck deep, like a Navy Seal, look them in the eye, and quickly grab em

before they know you're there..... B)

First of all I don't have a big problem with the government sporting people a little bit of Chow if needed. Second as unfair as it may be it's a perk for the farmers or big agriculture whichever way you see it.

On the other hand its most certainly a slippery slope when you start handing out more and more free shit to people who don't really need it. Even a couple hundred bucks a month is a nice little bonus to anybody and will make them think twice about voting against the party that's passing it out. Again whether they need it or not.

And I don't think it's a good thing to make people more and more dependent but I suppose that's the goal of government itself. Its not making for a free or stronger society.

WSS

First of all I don't have a big problem with the government sporting people a little bit of Chow if needed. Second as unfair as it may be it's a perk for the farmers or big agriculture whichever way you see it.

On the other hand its most certainly a slippery slope when you start handing out more and more free shit to people who don't really need it. Even a couple hundred bucks a month is a nice little bonus to anybody and will make them think twice about voting against the party that's passing it out. Again whether they need it or not.

And I don't think it's a good thing to make people more and more dependent but I suppose that's the goal of government itself. Its not making for a free or stronger society.

WSS

I needs my McNuggets and 40 oz.

I'll amend that. I see you eating frozen entrees and thinking you're fancy for it. Stuart eats cold spaghetti-o's. Probably having used a dirty pocketknife as a can opener.

No, I don't eat fancy and don't try to.

Ramen, Hot Pockets, Brats, Burgers, Pita and Hummus, Soup, Apples and Pears, a few small Steaks

Nothing fancy. Mostly still college level food

Bad move. I like our country having a safety net where we will help those who need it but having able bodied people working to receive foodstamps is not wrong. Also when people work for their foodstamps it is now not a handout but something they earned instead of just given to them (from those who are working).

Most states waiving work requirements for food stamps, despite improving job market

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/08/06/most-states-waiving-work-requirements-for-food-stamps-despite-improving-job/

Bad move. I like our country having a safety net where we will help those who need it but having able bodied people working to receive foodstamps is not wrong. Also when people work for their foodstamps it is now not a handout but something they earned instead of just given to them (from those who are working).

Most states waiving work requirements for food stamps, despite improving job market

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/08/06/most-states-waiving-work-requirements-for-food-stamps-despite-improving-job/

I believe the national unemployment rate is around 7% even with the handouts. What happens when you add another 20 million, typically less than qualified, job seekers into that equation.

Archived