THE BROWNS BOARD

Five NFL teams that WON in the 2015 NFL draft...guess who is #1 !

calfoxwc

Or, in the short run, the ability to dramatically add the skill/character/position players

you had a keen eye on, and how much those players will improve your football team...

if everything goes right. Sure, we have to see the results over time...

But this isn't a last year first round thread.

Danny Shelton is no "we hope we see good things" kind of player. (neither is Irving, but I only have some links on Danny)

I'm not sure how I feel about not hearing much from Nate Orchard. I hope he can become a bit of a sack machine on third downs, with Mingo and Solomon on run-stuffing duties earlier, but there seems to have been no news on him. Everyone's been slobbering over Duke Johnson, and even Malcolm Johnson, there's the obligatory stuff about Shelton and Erving, but nothing on Orchard. For that matter, nothing on Campbell, the safety we drafted in the fourth - supposedly a strong hitter, but lacked coverage skills, how's he coming along? Hayes Pullard doing anything useful? We had 12 draft choices, yet we're only hearing about 2 or 3 in any detail.

Well...Id say we have 8 players who look like they are at least earning a roster spot and playing time and are getting(at least) 2nd team reps.....Erving, Shelton, Cooper, The Johnsons, Mayle, Campbell and Orchard......

All the above are earning positive praise and reps......maybe not making big waves(or press)...but not looking bad either.....

And 2 who are out with injuries.....Telfer and Ekpre-Olomu.....

And 2 who are very long shots at best.....Gaines & Pullard are deep down on the roster and not really pulling any reps.....Id say these 2 will go to PS or even get cut ...

So, if we drafted 12 and only 2 dont make it.....thems pretty good odds......

In the end.....we are very deep and not as dependent on the new guys.....so its gonna be harder this year for them to make waves or crack the line up......

Archived