THE BROWNS BOARD

Overall Sloppiness Last Year

wargograw

We had a lot of it. On my review of every game last year I'm up to the Texans game. Almost done with it. I stopped making new threads for each game because it wasn't generating a ton of interest, which is fine. But I wanted to post what I see as a point that was consistent all year.

What made me post this was the snap over Lanning's head in the Texans game. If you'll recall, he somehow managed to pick it up, run around, and then finally pint as 3 guys were closing in on him. Fantastic play.

But the snap is indicative of the sloppiness that was present throughout the year. We had a ton of fumbles on kickoff and punt returns. Fumbles by RBs. A ton of lost balls that ended up being technically "down" but the guy still should have held onto the ball. Then you had Hoyer getting tripped after receiving the snap a few times. Blame that on playing for our backup center.

Looks like we've got a few guys that are absolute tackling technicians, then a few that are pretty poor tacklers. Sloppy. If I can think of some more I will post them but I really think just cleaning this stuff up will have a huge impact this year.

We had a lot of it. On my review of every game last year I'm up to the Texans game. Almost done with it. I stopped making new threads for each game because it wasn't generating a ton of interest, which is fine. But I wanted to post what I see as a point that was consistent all year.

What made me post this was the snap over Lanning's head in the Texans game. If you'll recall, he somehow managed to pick it up, run around, and then finally pint as 3 guys were closing in on him. Fantastic play.

But the snap is indicative of the sloppiness that was present throughout the year. We had a ton of fumbles on kickoff and punt returns. Fumbles by RBs. A ton of lost balls that ended up being technically "down" but the guy still should have held onto the ball. Then you had Hoyer getting tripped after receiving the snap a few times. Blame that on playing for our backup center.

Looks like we've got a few guys that are absolute tackling technicians, then a few that are pretty poor tacklers. Sloppy. If I can think of some more I will post them but I really think just cleaning this stuff up will have a huge impact this year.

I do agree with some of this, as there were some bad snaps and hand offs last season.....BUT, compared to previous years, I do think Pettine has this team on the right path(in respect to sloppy play).......

To my eyes, we were better tacklers last season and the team, as a whole, was better organized and made less stupid mistakes than before.....less penalties, got on and off the field properly, etc etc....

I did see some bad long snaps.....which obviously was noted by the Browns too.....so exit Christian Yount and enter Charlie Hughlett....

And LOTS of bad handling of punts, which is well documented......Benji was sceeered and the others just didnt have it.....though, again, I see the team noticing and working to correct that.......

And, maybe, some hand off / exchange issues.....mostly with the Crow......which, I dont see so much as a team issue or coaching issue, but more something Crow and the QB just have to work out(concentration).....

So....yeah.....always room for improvement.....but I dont see them as a sloppy or poorly coached group overall(and WAY better than recent years)

If this is your view as you completed the best stretch of our season when we went 5-1, Titans thru Bengals 1.0, then...

Mud, didn't think about stuff like getting on and off the field properly. Obviously something that only gets noticed when it gets screwed up.

Tour, that's hilarious. I am definitely dreading watching these games. Just cranked up the Buffalo matchup.

Mud, didn't think about stuff like getting on and off the field properly. Obviously something that only gets noticed when it gets screwed up.

and believe me.....watching all those 4-12 seasons.....poorly executed - disorganized garbage screwed us time and time again.......

I think having a new OC will help in this regard. And what about our ST coach.....that was a real problem area. Don't know that we replaced him.....but probably should have.

Archived