THE BROWNS BOARD

The GOP establishment trying to force idiot candidates on America

Pumpkin Eater

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What road? Carbon dating has been questioned as far as accuracy.

Why is it always okay for liberals to question, but not anybody else?

Why is it always science that supports liberals viewpoints/anti-viewpoints,

but science that opposes is completely disregarded?

I was just asking the question....don't know the answer about it.

But what is wrong with this explanation of carbon dating limitations?

(the slurs, Woody, do nothing when you don't back up what the hell you are

trying to diminish without any supporting evidence.)

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/questions-about-carbon-dating.751976/

Carbon dating is not used to date the age of the earth. As you've read from other posts, it dates when an object dies, and the earth was never alive. Furthermore, C-14 has a half life of 5730 years. That means the technique starts to run out of steam at about 50,000 years. It's important to understand the range of validity of the test. C-14 is a very good technique to date when a shoe worn by Cleopatra was made. It's not so good in dating a shoe worn by Imelda Marcos or one by Fred Flintstone.

Reference https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/questions-about-carbon-dating.751976/

Well, explain why this is scientifically wrong, Woody.

I'm just asking the question. Why, I thought challenging was a great thing to you.

Of course, it's only when you decide it's okay to challenge...

https://answersingenesis.org/geology/carbon-14/doesnt-carbon-14-dating-disprove-the-bible/

Given that carbon dating has nothing to do with the age of the earth I'm not sure of your point here cal. It's lead-lead dating that's been used to prove the age of the earth.

Carbon dating only goes back tens of thousands of years, whereas lead goes back much much longer.

Well, explain why this is scientifically wrong, Woody.

I'm just asking the question. Why, I thought challenging was a great thing to you.

Of course, it's only when you decide it's okay to challenge...

https://answersingenesis.org/geology/carbon-14/doesnt-carbon-14-dating-disprove-the-bible/

I'm going to regret this... What are you asking me to explain why it is wrong? Is it what Chris already posted?

Any kind of back and forth with you on topics like this is like beating your head against the wall. You post an article from AnswersInGenesis as a source, and then don't understand why that doesn't help you at all. You just don't get it.

As I said before, if you really want to defend Carson so much, that you'll go down the road of trying to defend a 6,000 year old earth, you're only going to embarrass yourself....

Not Woody.

;)

WSS

Or any of the people negatively affected by his policies. But yeah,sure

And a liberal candidate is going to piss off some religious people.

No one person can bring the country together. Some topics we'll eventually be in agreement on, but it will take time. Older views dying out, younger people being raised differently, more acceptance in society for it, etc.

You haven't listened to him, haven't read his book.

I have - you run off at the mouth, Cleve, and you look ignorant.

And woody, if all you have, is smarting off to prove your point, you lose.

So, obamao doesn't believe in the Bible, doesn't believe God created the Heaven

and the Earth....

like I said, I don't know if the original Hebrew and Greek was misinterpreted... or what.

But my question still stands. If the planet is billions of years old, then why can't it have been

created by God only 50,000 years ago, with water and life, etc, as we know it became

in ancient history?

I honestly don't know. I know God is there, and I know he created life on earth.

The gay quibbling over "haha look at when" stuff is really weak.

Read Joseph Campbell's "Hero of a Thousand Faces". From the beginning of recorded history,

there are strong tendencies of creative literature, and indeed, history itself, of the monomyth.

How is this possible, across continents, cultures, and the ages?

Now, read this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegorical_interpretation_of_the_Bible

Metaphors-->allegories have existed from the early ancient days of recorded history.

I don't know what all is definately metaphor or allegory in the Bible. But there is an inherent

pattern in the minds of human beings since forever, about explaining the fictional, and non-fictional

adventures of people.

So, woody, all you can do is smart off, and be unable to explain what you

are pretending to understand?

And, Chris, lead dating? Lead dating is or inorganic dating. Geology, dude.

So, lead dating proves the age of the planet.

One more time. How does lead dating prove that God didn't create life on this planet?

And the oceans?

If all you can do, Chris and Woopecker, is to post like you are hopping around on a pogo stick,

to make yourselves look tall...you look like morons.

Here's an example of what I said about the original Hebrew and Greek. In the Ten Commandments -

the original Hebrew..or Greek...word in the commandment about "Thou Shalt Not Kill"....

actually is the word for "murder". Not "kill". The word for "kill" was an entirely different word.

It was lost in the interpretation/conversion to other languages. "Thous Shalt Not Murder" is what

it really is.

I don't know the answer as to creation time being misunderstood, or a metaphor/allegory. If you consider

back in the early ancient days, they probably didn't have a freaking calendar. How would they have

coneptualized "billions of years old" of anything?

It is uusally far more intelligent to ask legit questions, than to falsely pretend you know the answers.

So far, I'm getting fake answers, and pitiful, extremely asinine self-aggrandizing from chris and woodpecker.

No one person can bring the country together. Some topics we'll eventually be in agreement on, but it will take time. Older views dying out, younger people being raised differently, more acceptance in society for it, etc.

Terrible entitlement issues and work ethic are a small price to pay for gay marriage

Ok, you're straying from the point here Cal.

I realize the stories in the bible can be looked at as metaphors (and really should be). If you want to believe god put in motion all of the natural phenomena that got us to where we are today, go for it

But that isn't what Carson believe. He believes that 6,000 years ago god made the Earth. We know, thanks to countless amounts of research and what we've learned through science, that this is false. We know the Earth is older than 6,000 years old. For Carson to still believe this, while also being a very accomplished surgeon, means he is being willfully ignorant. He is ignoring facts that disagree with his world view. That is not a trait I want the president to have.

No I have read his book. If my interpretation of what he believes on thus subject is wrong tho, please let me know.

The only one here looking ignorant is the poster trying to defend the young earth viewpoint.

I'm not sure what this has to do with Obama either.

If you want to believe god zapped everything into existence 50,000 years ago, go for it. I would not vote foe anyone with that stance. It is also not the stance Carson is taking.

How do you know god exists? How do you know god created life on earth?

You are taking this back and forty off topic. Carson believes something. To believe that thing, in his position, you need to be willfully ignorant. I don't want to vote for a willfully ignorant president, and neither do some other posters on the board.

☆ which policies are those?☆

☆unless you run as a Democrat there are no atheists (or even agnostics) lining up for their nomination☆

☆ and that much is exactly true.☆

Abortion or gay marriage. Legalize them and some religious people won't be happy. Make them illegal and you adversely affect gay couples and women looking to get an abortion. Just as an example.

Everyone is so divided, no one is going to be able to make everyone happy.

Abortion or gay marriage. Legalize them and some religious people won't be happy. Make them illegal and you adversely affect gay couples and women looking to get an abortion. Just as an example.

Everyone is so divided, no one is going to be able to make everyone happy.

That statement reminds me of sergeant Hulka in stripes: " son, there aint no draft no more"

;)

WSS

No, woody, you are being a dishonest ass, as usual. I find no place in all the reading and watching of videos,

where he says anything about "6000 years".

That makes you a liar unless you can provide any evidence where he did. Creationism doesn't automatically

mean "only 6000 years ago".

Where did you get that? Just another liberal talking point, repeated by ignorant woodpeckers forever, with

no legit basis to go by?

Listen, and read. You like science, you pretend to. Find out more about the man than just your intolerant

liberal whinings.

No, woody, you are being a dishonest ass, as usual. I find no place in all the reading and watching of videos,

where he says anything about "6000 years".

That makes you a liar unless you can provide any evidence where he did. Creationism doesn't automatically

mean "only 6000 years ago".

Where did you get that? Just another liberal talking point, repeated by ignorant woodpeckers forever, with

no legit basis to go by?

Listen, and read. You like science, you pretend to. Find out more about the man than just your intolerant

liberal whinings.

Carson is a Seventh Day Adventist. They believe in young Earth.

Wow, you went on a little rant there. Completely with a host of insults. As usual, you were either off topic or incorrect. As Logic said, he's a Seventh Day Adventist. My understanding is that this requires a belief in a young Earth. Also, he doesn't believe in evolution, which fits the young earth view.

...so...like I was saying...

Not all of them. Most do. Most Christians believe Muslims are not saved.

John 318. Would you think Obamao believes that, because he claims to be a "Christian" ???

Saying that Carson believes in a young earth is nonsense until he says he does.

Origin of Universe and Life
The biblical Book of Genesis is inerrant. Most Seventh-day Adventists hold that, although the universe and our planet are ancient, God created the ordered world and all life forms in less than seven, literally twenty-four hour, days, less than 10,000 years ago--thereby refuting most claims of modern science.

So, you're saying that he doesn't believe the Earth itself is 6,000 years old, he just thinks god created all life in a matter of 7 24 hour days less than 10,000 years ago, and that evolution is a lie...

... and this sounds better to you?

The concern myself and others on here have would still stand if the above is what he believes.

Archived