THE BROWNS BOARD

A Little Gem I Found

wargograw

Reading through Pro Football Focus' fantasy draft guide tonight (everyone in Miktoxic's league should be shuddering at the though) and I skipped over to the offensive line rankings, as they are the best kept secret to finding fantasy talent (although our case is probably a glaring exception unless Crowell gets 300 carries). Building on a 2014 year in which we graded out at the 6th best OL (despite the injury to Mack), PFF gave us the honor of best OL going into 2015. Here's the relevant quote.

1. Cleveland Browns (2 pass block, 4 run block)

The Browns are a team with very few weaknesses on the line. All five starting linemen allowed 35 or fewer pressures last year so whoever ends up starting in Cleveland should have a clean pocket to throw from. The Browns invested their first round pick in Cameron Erving to help ensure their offensive line is one of the best for years to come.

For the record, we graded out as the number 2 unit in pass blocking and number 7 in run blocking last year. Also note that Alex Mack graded at a 6.9 through 5 games so extrapolated for the entire season he would have logged a 22.1. Contrast that to the grade of -28.3 we got from McQuistan and it's easy to see why we should shoot up this year (even from an already pretty high spot at 6).

In case you're wondering why another team didn't get number 1 given all the hype they get, here is the blurb on them, the bolding is mine:

2. Dallas Cowboys (5 pass block, 1 run block)

The Cowboys have a reputation for having a great line. The perception of how good the line is may have surpassed how good it actually is, but all five starters are still assets to the team. The only weakness was Ronald Leary in pass protection after allowing 27 pressures.

So which Cowboy RB are you taking in Rnd 1? :)

McQuistan hurt us, yes, but only for 1.5 games. McDonald followed by Seymour did the rest.

McQuistan hurt us, yes, but only for 1.5 games. McDonald followed by Seymour did the rest.

They were all absolutely horrible. Maybe the biggest dropoff of depth since Seneca Wallace tried to replace Aaron Rogers.

McQ and McD are out of the NFL as far as I can see (not sure about McDonald). Seymour probably not going to make the team with the versatility of Greco and Erving.

Zombo

So which Cowboy RB are you taking in Rnd 1? :)

The -28.8 was actually McDonald. My bad.

I like all of Randle, McFadden, and Johnson. If I were Jason Garrett I wouldn't be worried. As a fantasy owner, I'm not touching them anywhere near their ADP.

Archived