THE BROWNS BOARD

Idiots? Yep.

Westside Steve

Dogs can't bark once for no or bark twice for yes when it comes to asking them on a date.

Conset really is a bullshit argument as I'm sure you understand. The cow can't consent to be butchered and eaten either. And if you're talking about human beings maybe it should be illegal for a man with a hundred and thirty IQ to fuck a woman with a 95 IQ.

( which I believe is the average ;) )

WSS

Conset really is a bullshit argument as I'm sure you understand. The cow can't consent to be butchered and eaten either. And if you're talking about human beings maybe it should be illegal for a man with a hundred and thirty IQ to fuck a woman with a 95 IQ.

( which I believe is the average ;) )

WSS

Yeah I was just busting balls.

My friends and I had a serious conversation with a friend over his dating a girl that was dumb enough that it should likely be considered a crime for him to bang her. She survived in life only on looks and after those are gone she is going to have a rough time.

I know this will make me sound like a dick but I would not give a shit if my daughter liked Spiderman but would be irritated if my wife let a son of mine wear a dress.

What would be more irksome is that you think it's up to your wife to 'let' your kids wear clothes - you have a say in that as well.

Anyway, I'm sure 95% of the population agrees with you, that girls can play sports and get muddy, but if a boy starts hosting tea parties for his action figures something's not right. The question I'd ask you, is why? And I'm serious here, and I'm not trying to say you're wrong or I'm better, or anything like that, I just want to know why you, and society as a whole, feel this way.

What would be more irksome is that you think it's up to your wife to 'let' your kids wear clothes - you have a say in that as well.

Anyway, I'm sure 95% of the population agrees with you, that girls can play sports and get muddy, but if a boy starts hosting tea parties for his action figures something's not right. The question I'd ask you, is why? And I'm serious here, and I'm not trying to say you're wrong or I'm better, or anything like that, I just want to know why you, and society as a whole, feel this way.

One set of interests by the girl may end up with her being the "cool girlfriend" later in life. The boy wearing a dress and hosting tea parties will get 10 kinds of shit because young boys are what they are. They will bust balls and try to find a pecking order. Being "soft" will make the boy's childhood rough.

I've heard that this has been common in England for decades, no?

You're thinking of Scotland.

But anyway, as I understand it, the concept of wearing trousers is basically because men needed to ride horses in battle (otherwise they could ride side-saddle like the ladies of the time). Do you happen to ride a lot of horses? I know I don't. Do we think Danny Shelton is any less manly for wearing a lava lava? I certainly wouldn't call him out on it, and good luck to the first UDFA that does so!

I'm assuming everyone's ok with girls wearing trousers?

You're thinking of Scotland.

But anyway, as I understand it, the concept of wearing trousers is basically because men needed to ride horses in battle (otherwise they could ride side-saddle like the ladies of the time). Do you happen to ride a lot of horses? I know I don't. Do we think Danny Shelton is any less manly for wearing a lava lava? I certainly wouldn't call him out on it, and good luck to the first UDFA that does so!

I'm assuming everyone's ok with girls wearing trousers?

Completely o.k. with the girl wearing pants. Not so much with boys wearing sun dresses.

One set of interests by the girl may end up with her being the "cool girlfriend" later in life. The boy wearing a dress and hosting tea parties will get 10 kinds of shit because young boys are what they are. They will bust balls and try to find a pecking order. Being "soft" will make the boy's childhood rough.

I can understand that, you're just looking out for the safety of your boy, and like I say, most people would be on the same page. But why do kids determine that wearing a dress is soft? As above, the lava lava is just what's worn in those places, and kilts were traditional battle dress for centuries in europe.

I suspect it's more to do with being different than being soft, as kids tend to isolate and destroy anyone who doesn't conform to absolutely every social norm.

What I wonder about (and for once I will forego any hyperbolic examples) is how a fellow who is usually vitriolic about people of faith because they refuse science, carries on an agenda based on denying the very strong differences between males and females among animals and humans.

WSS

And trousers and skirts reflect those differences do they? I'm sorry, but you're talking bullshit.

I will happily admit that as a trend men will be better than women at some jobs that require superior physical skills. Equally women will tend to be better than men at some jobs that require any of the number of things women are better than men at. But again, what does that have to do with how people dress? If you have a woman physically strong enough to, I don't know, hauling lorry tires around a factory (although that'll be done by machines now anyway), would you demand she wear a dress?

So the only differences between male and female humans is physical strength? Do you have an explanation for why there are differences in the roles among the animal kingdom? I'm sure it's not all based on Republicans prejudices.

WSS

If you can give me one even vaguely tangible example where that might affect how someone should dress, and that can only apply to one gender, I'll address it. Apart from wearing a bra or jock strap, there's not much in nature that would dictate what clothes people wear.

Archived