THE BROWNS BOARD

Sunday Ticket Expanded for More Houses, Students

jrb12711

Hi Everyone,

I just thought I'd share some good news I just discovered about watching our beloved Browns. I wasn't even going to check, but on a whim just made sure DirectTV didn't change their policies. The good news is they have! It turns out they really expanded the households where you can qualify for getting games at home. The best part is for me as a graduate student, the package is only $100 for the year (and for any other student who qualifies). The best part is you don't have to have a subscription either (okay, this is starting to sound like I work for DirectTV haha).

Anywho, I just thought I'd share, here's the link: https://nflst.directv.com/u. For folks like me living in central NC, my only hope to see the Browns is at a bar with no other Browns fans or through illegal streams. It's sure nice to watch them at home and now I can-hope this helps someone out!

On a similar note Gamepass has stayed at the same price again this year which is good news for UK fans like me :D

Can't wait to hook the laptop up then plonk myself down in front of the TV at 6pm every Sunday night again!

I have gamepass too - maybe we should just get a single sub and split the cost next year ;)

And I don't care if it's only the HoF game, I don't care it's not the browns, that it's the steelers, that it was about the 6th stringers, you better believe I watched that game on gamepass. Damn it's good to have football back.

What's up with game pass not having an app? I paid the offseason price for Game Rewind and now when I click on it I get a screen that says upgrade to game pass now or exit the app. If I click upgrade it takes me to the site. If I click exit, the app shuts down. So there is literally nothing that that app does now, I guess.

Am I missing something?

I have gamepass too - maybe we should just get a single sub and split the cost next year ;)

And I don't care if it's only the HoF game, I don't care it's not the browns, that it's the steelers, that it was about the 6th stringers, you better believe I watched that game on gamepass. Damn it's good to have football back.

You watched a non-Browns preseason game non-live? Impressive.

What's up with game pass not having an app? I paid the offseason price for Game Rewind and now when I click on it I get a screen that says upgrade to game pass now or exit the app. If I click upgrade it takes me to the site. If I click exit, the app shuts down. So there is literally nothing that that app does now, I guess.

Am I missing something?

Game Pass is a non-US thing, so not sure that's what you mean?

Thanks for posting! I had been meaning to check on this too as last year it was available for UT students but everyone else here in Austin was just sol.

No problem man-I was in the same boat too but was very pleasantly surprised it was available to me. You can't beat $100 too for the year that's for sure.

As soon as I get home (tomorrow) I intend to call Direct TV and see if I can bribe (threaten to leave to the other guys) them into giving me the Browns only Sunday Ticket for free. Surely they have some kind of special for old geezers like the National Park system has ($10 for a lifetime pass for all NPs and N Seashores-best deal out there for the over the hill gang).

Am I missing something?

I had some problems with Game pass last week and it wouldnt load properly.....Id sign in and try to watch, but it just kept resetting to the original menu screen.....TODAY, it is up and working fine and also has the 2015 schedule added.....maybe they were doing maintenance?

Game Pass is a non-US thing, so not sure that's what you mean?

Huh, Non US thing?......then shhhhh.....cause I have it.....

I had some problems with Game pass last week and it wouldnt load properly.....Id sign in and try to watch, but it just kept resetting to the original menu screen.....TODAY, it is up and working fine and also has the 2015 schedule added.....maybe they were doing maintenance?

Huh, Non US thing?......then shhhhh.....cause I have it.....

They've expanded it? I'm sure a year ago it was only available outside the US, and you guys had something else.

Archived