THE BROWNS BOARD

Ray Rice

beare

Browns coach Mike Pettine says the team has discussed signing free agent Ray Rice.

"We’ve talked about it, but I don’t think we’re there at this point," Pettine said. It's an indictment of Isaiah Crowell, Duke Johnson and Terrance West, though it could just be a motivational ploy from a coach looking to shake up a young running back corps. Signing Rice would endanger West's roster spot. The 2014 pariah seems to be inching toward a second chance.

I sure hope the browns dont stoop this low to go after a guy caught on video beating a woman

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Browns coach Mike Pettine says the team has discussed signing free agent Ray Rice.

"Weve talked about it, but I dont think were there at this point," Pettine said. It's an indictment of Isaiah Crowell, Duke Johnson and Terrance West, though it could just be a motivational ploy from a coach looking to shake up a young running back corps. Signing Rice would endanger West's roster spot. The 2014 pariah seems to be inching toward a second chance.

I sure hope the browns dont stoop this low to go after a guy caught on video beating a woman

Yet we'll worship Jim Brown.

His wife forgave him, his father-in-law forgave him, he has said and done all the right things, accepted his punishment ... move on, fans ... the guy gets a second chance just like a littany of others have.

Fucking Ray Lewis plead guilty to obstructing justice in a double homocide and never missed a game.

Z

Rice, Phil Taylor has his mouthpiece in his mouth that he needs to spit out so he can talk to you. Now the same thing to your women. No than Hell No..

I still do not believe he was ever twice charged with rape.

He was charged once in the eighties, if I recall correctly, and then accused a second time a few years ago for something that supposedly happened in the past. I'm not sure if anything ever came of it.

This is freakin' scary - and not in a good way.

The Browns' running attack was supposed to be a strong point for this squad...apparently someone forgot to tell the running backs. Smacks of desperation if the Browns are seriously considering bringing in Rice.

This is freakin' scary.

fuck ray rice is right.

he made his own bed now he has to deal with it.

what brown did in a different era, under different scrutiny doesn't make it right BUT there is no video of him knocking his wife out in an elevator either.

YET i'm sure it's his old drunk fucking loud mouth wife (who started the whole thing to begin with) that's telling him to go out and do another PR move to make some money cuz all theirs went up in smoke with lawyer bills etc. etc.

whiners and hoes.

Ray Rice and big Ben are choir boys compared to the browns legend.

An 18-year-old accused Brown of forcing her to have sex after giving her whisky, but a jury found him innocent of assault and battery in the 10-day trial in 1965. He was accused of throwing a model from a balcony in 1968, but when the 22-year-old woman refused to name Brown as her assailant, the charge of assault with intent to murder was dropped.

He was acquitted of assaulting a man after a traffic accident in 1969. He was fined $500 and spent a day in jail after beating up a golfing partner. He was charged with rape, sexual battery and assault in 1985, but the charges were dropped when the 33-year-old woman gave inconsistent testimony. The next year he was arrested for allegedly beating his fiancée after accusing her of flirting. He spent three hours in jail, but three days later the 21-year-old woman said she didn't want to prosecute.

In 1999, Brown was convicted in Los Angeles of smashing the window of his 25-year-old wife Monique's car, but was acquitted of making terrorist threats against her. The judge sentenced him to three years' probation, stripped him of his driver's license for a year, and ordered him to attend special counseling for domestic batterers.

What a man that Jim Brown. Not only do the browns lay claim to the best running back ever but also to the biggest abuser of women ever.

https://espn.go.com/sportscentury/features/00014125.html

Then how shitty does your team look when he turns out to be no better than Willis McGahee? You have the team cancer and a shitty back. But I suppose every team has given him some sort of consideration, they'd be stupid not to at least keep an open mind if in fact they believed it would improve the team.

But you'd have to make damn sure it would improve the team enough to make the stain less visible.

WSS

Lions, his rb tearing up camp. I reckon Tiam thinks, ever so expertly, that that

means the Lions are automatically going to the super bowl.

well, gosh, let's just see how that goes...

Lions, his rb tearing up camp. I reckon Tiam thinks, ever so expertly, that that

means the Lions are automatically going to the super bowl.

well, gosh, let's just see how that goes...

I think Tiam was only speaking to how the RB he wanted the Browns to pick up is playing very well in camp for the Lions while our current crop is having issues. I don't think anything more should be read into it than that.

Archived