THE BROWNS BOARD

Ray Rice

beare

Yup... I'm guessing that a year later he's healed up and well rested.

First, he would have to pass a physical.

Then it's not as if our staff could not tell in a workout how close he is to NFL ready.

And by the end of pre-season if he is one of our top 4 candidates.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's not forget ... Wilbert Montgomery is the only NFL position coach he has ever had, I believe. If we bring him in, I think that says a lot about what Wilbert thinks of 8ur current group ... not good enough.

Z

Good point...

Just feels like it'll happen this week... Haslam chimed in yesterday saying Rice would be a coach's decision and he'd back it.

When Cleveland Browns coach Mike Pettine said this week the team has discussed signing Ray Rice it felt like either a trial balloon to gauge public sentiment or a shot across the bow of his young running back group.

It turns out it was probably a bit of both.

On Thursday, ahead of the Browns' 20-17 loss to the Washington Redskins, owner Jimmy Haslam told ESPN's Bob Holtzman he'd "like to see (Rice) get another shot" and would be OK if it were with his club.

I imagine we will be seeing Rice soon.

IDK, my memory has him slow and plodding his last season, and now he's even older and out of shape......... We already have West to fill that roll.

What a bummer that our early perceived strength has turned into a major weakness.

I feel like if you're debating giving up (or whatever the accurate phrase is) on Crowell, then you should at least give him the ball more than 4 freakin times.

I don't think anyone is close to giving up on the crow, dudes got serious talent. We need more than one back though. It seems West may not be that guy, and who knows about Duke.

I think Crow's our starter... don't see anyone here suggesting he is not.

I see the question as, "who is the 4th back on our roster?" Not depth chart, but roster... with Winston done it seems like an open question.

IDK, my memory has him slow and plodding his last season, and now he's even older and out of shape......... We already have West to fill that roll.

What a bummer that our early perceived strength has turned into a major weakness.

Not yet it's not...

As the publicity has rolled out to get a team to look at Rice, one part has been some pretty aggressive work out videos.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25210762/watch-ray-rice-flashes-quick-feet-in-training-video

It will take about 30 minutes to see if Rice is still the 2013 version. I think the table is set to at least take that look. If he passes that test, then I think it is him vs. West for the #2 with Duke as the change of pace guy.

Now if West wins that battle, then I think it is fair to ask if it is worth any residual heat to keep Rice on as the #4 depth guy.

All I can say is that I did not associate the two, war...

As for Montgomery's comments...

Agree... was addressed to the group as a whole with a little added emphasis on the lead Dawg to raise the level of competition.

Will be interesting to see how they respond.

I agree......and, from what Im hearing, West and Duke Johnson are the 2 who need the most pushing....

Been yapping on the radio about West today....saying he had what looked like a small hissy fit yesterday about padding up and practicing....and followed by bad body language when force to .....

Guy I know who is a shitsburge fan said are you going to support that woman beater. I said well they were looking for a rapist because after you rap a chick they will just give you two Super Bowls. Point is if he helps great but that's his job you don't look into your plumbers life and say oh he has a drug charge or a dui or beat his wife. It entertainment that's it. It's my job to tell my kid how big of a picec of shit he is.

Point is...... you don't look into your plumbers life and say oh he has a drug charge or a dui or beat his wife.....It's my job to tell my kid how big of a picec of shit he is.

I agree that you probably dont look into the criminal history of your plumber.....but if said plumber is on the national news for months for pounding his wifes face in or raping someone and you are fully aware of his assholeness, do you still call him?.....

I dont.....

I agree that you probably dont look into the criminal history of your plumber.....but if said plumber is on the national news for months for pounding his wifes face in or raping someone and you are fully aware of his assholeness, do you still call him?.....

I dont.....

yeah, i wouldn't want that dude stepping one foot on my property. btw, plumbing is one of the easiest things to learn and do for yourself. that whole trade is full of thieves.

yeah, i wouldn't want that dude stepping one foot on my property. btw, plumbing is one of the easiest things to learn and do for yourself. that whole trade is full of thieves.

exactly........and taking it one step further......

......if you own a plumbing company, you sure as hell dont hire and put him on your staff, do you?

Exactly, so why all the defending fucking Ravens over a legendary Brown?

you can't possibly be this hypocritical and dense. Jim Brown the player was a legend, Jim Brown the human is a piece of shit. At least Ray Rice seems remorseful while Jim Brown is blameless and a legend in his own mind. What rice did is reprehensible but he's paid a pretty heavy price and deserve the right to earn. I think everyone is jumping the gun assuming we need another back. Apparently everyone forgets that prior to Alex Mack getting hurt last year we had one of the top running games in the NFL. With Mac back and further additions to our offense of line I don't see us getting worse than that. The only concern I would currently have iTerrence West behavior. I think in less there something going on none of us know about we stand pat. The caveat would be if Duke Johnson is not going to be able to play this year then you look at Bradshaw or rice as you're receiving back

Guy I know who is a shitsburge fan said are you going to support that woman beater. I said well they were looking for a rapist because after you rap a chick they will just give you two Super Bowls. Point is if he helps great but that's his job you don't look into your plumbers life and say oh he has a drug charge or a dui or beat his wife. It entertainment that's it. It's my job to tell my kid how big of a picec of shit he is.

Are you a rhode scholar?

you can't possibly be this hypocritical and dense. Jim Brown the player was a legend, Jim Brown the human is a piece of shit. At least Ray Rice seems remorseful while Jim Brown is blameless and a legend in his own mind. What rice did is reprehensible but he's paid a pretty heavy price and deserve the right to earn. I think everyone is jumping the gun assuming we need another back. Apparently everyone forgets that prior to Alex Mack getting hurt last year we had one of the top running games in the NFL. With Mac back and further additions to our offense of line I don't see us getting worse than that. The only concern I would currently have iTerrence West behavior. I think in less there something going on none of us know about we stand pat. The caveat would be if Duke Johnson is not going to be able to play this year then you look at Bradshaw or rice as you're receiving back

Fuck you.

Jim Brown the human is a piece of shit

now who's being dense? do you know how many people the guy helped in his lifetime. yeah, he did some bad shit but balance that with the good there's no way he comes out as a piece of shit.

now who's being dense? do you know how many people the guy helped in his lifetime. yeah, he did some bad shit but balance that with the good there's no way he comes out as a piece of shit.

How many good deeds cancel out one rape? One assault?

If we can establish that, I think we can set up a pretty solid redemption program for ever player that ever fucks up in some way.

Mik more often than not we are in the same page. We will just have to agree to disagree here. I've never liked Jim Brown the man and never will. I respect your right to a different opinion.

Id take the ray rice from 4 years ago...but now...we would get the same production as we got out of T rich.

Yea, that is what I would be worried about.

I for one, would be willing to forgive and forget about his domestic violence.....as long as it doesn't happen again.

Though, Remember what happened the last time we picked up a Ravens reject: Jamal Lewis......who probably had the best year by a Browns RB this century.

Archived