THE BROWNS BOARD

Player's Poll Back Brady

miktoxic

If the players don't like the Commish's discipline authority, then they should not have given it to him in the last CBA.

The players shouldn't have signed a CBA that let's Goodell use a flawed report to enact uncalled for sanctions.

The judge overseeing the hearings was apparently asking the NFL camp a lit of questions regarding the evidence (or lack of) that they have. I imagine that is a good sign for Brady.

The players shouldn't have signed a CBA that let's Goodell use a flawed report to enact uncalled for sanctions.

The judge overseeing the hearings was apparently asking the NFL camp a lit of questions regarding the evidence (or lack of) that they have. I imagine that is a good sign for Brady.

Not necessarily. He had equally pointed questions for Brady's side of things.

And here is a statistic that has been flowing around: This judge has heard 68 arbitration ruling cases. He has upheld the results of the arbitration 66 of the 68 times. So, based on that, the odds are not good that he will overturn Goodell's rulings.

If the players don't like the Commish's discipline authority, then they should not have given it to him in the last CBA.

Precisely......and the next time the CBA is up for negotiation and if they want to have independent arbitrators here disciplinary cases then they are going to have to think hard about how much money they are willing to give up for that privilege, be it in the form of salary, benefits, pensions etc. etc. etc. If it going to be so important to the union going forward, they are going to have to pay for it.

the player's association is undoubtedly trying to undermine goodell's authority in matters like these (because of their screw up in the last bargaining agreement). and expect more cases where goodell makes authoritative decisions like these to also be fought in court.....leading up to the next bargaining session where there is going to be a HUGE fight over the commisioner's authory and disciplinary actions. so i think they're using brady's case as a precedent to proceed in court whenever the next case like this, presents itself.

the judge also questioned goodell's decision to commission a lawyer (ted wells) through the nfl and not have an independent investigation. that question would be a check in brady's corner.

berman's record when hearing cases like this is overwhelming on the nfl's side but i doubt he's ever been handed a report with wording such as ""more probable than not" or ""at least generally aware" as definitive proof of one's guilt.

laughable.

the player's association is undoubtedly trying to undermine goodell's authority in matters like these (because of their screw up in the last bargaining agreement). and expect more cases where goodell makes authoritative decisions like these to also be fought in court.....leading up to the next bargaining session where there is going to be a HUGE fight over the commisioner's authory and disciplinary actions. so i think they're using brady's case as a precedent to proceed in court whenever the next case like this, presents itself.

the judge also questioned goodell's decision to commission a lawyer (ted wells) through the nfl and not have an independent investigation. that question would be a check in brady's corner.

berman's record when hearing cases like this is overwhelming on the nfl's side but i doubt he's ever been handed a report with wording such as ""more probable than not" or ""at least generally aware" as definitive proof of one's guilt.

laughable.

Actually....that burden of proof will be quite familiar to the judge who has to use it every day in civil cases.....and this IS a civil case, not a criminal prosecution.

And his record is not in upholding the "NFL"....but in upholding the findings of arbitrators...regardless of who won, management or labor.

Not to mention all of the giant holes that can be poked in to Wells report's analysis.

The CBA grants Goodell to make rulings without any definitive evidence supporting his claim. This case against Brady would never stand up in a "real" court, but here it got to all be decided by Goodell, who's making it up as he goes along. Sucks for Brady.

Not to mention all of the giant holes that can be poked in to Wells report's analysis.

The CBA grants Goodell to make rulings without any definitive evidence supporting his claim. This case against Brady would never stand up in a "real" court, but here it got to all be decided by Goodell, who's making it up as he goes along. Sucks for Brady.

As I have said before....you have no clue whether or not the case against Brady would stand up in a "real" court. In a real court he could not obfuscate or obstruct justice the way he has done here. The case against Brady is circumstantial, yes.....but there are any number of death row inmates against whom the cases made against them were merely "circumstantial".

So they asked Brady to hand over his phone. The union and his lawyers said not to. The NFL said no additional punishments would come from not turning over his phone.

Brady later destroyed and replaced his phone. Something he's done many times before, because he's wealthy as fuck and it's smart from a security standpoint.

He then offered to help get any texts the investigation was looking for. He would provide the contact info of whomever they needed. The NFL also went to the wireless company, which would have the texts saved (they just don't disappear). The NFL decided it wasn't worth it though.

What actual evidence do you have against him? What burden of proof can you meet?

that original art must be worth a ton right now with all the pub it got yesterday. it was on all the morning shows+. i was leaving a bodega yesterday and i saw the NY post (where they bury everybody and anybody) and the cover had that picture with the headline : DEFLATEHEAD.....

HA!!!!

if i were a millionaire i'd buy the original sketch have brady sign it and wait until he goes into the HOF and sell it for quadruple.

there are any number of death row inmates against whom the cases made against them were merely "circumstantial".

and our justice system must be rolling out the all the flags and the fife and drum corp to recognize the fucking disgrace that IS the 'civil' court.

isn't that why there are judges on afternoon tv?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:!!!!!!!!

what a farce.

Archived