THE BROWNS BOARD

Ohio to vote on legalizing marijuana November 3.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think somebody purposely disregarded cals point about second hand smoke.

If the Liberals in state and city government are so desperate to ban cigarette smoking because of secondhand smoke what's the difference?

Also you can't switch that to the amount of lives ruined by alcoholics that certainly do exist. I don't know how many people will have problems because they're fucked up all the time either. I do know some constant weed heads who are deadbeats. I do assume that some people are born to be deadbeats and the intoxicant of choice is an afterthought.

WSS

I think the difference is smoking is legal to do in some public places. Weed won't be. There won't be weed smoking patios either.

You won't have to walk through a mass a weed smokers when entering a building like you do now with smokers.

I think the difference is smoking is legal to do in some public places. Weed won't be. There won't be weed smoking patios either.

You won't have to walk through a mass a weed smokers when entering a building like you do now with smokers.

Possibly. It's not even legalized yet so we have no idea how they're going to set it up. Most places you can't drink a beer while walking down the street but you can smoke a cigarette. You can't smoke cigarettes indoors but depending on the rules you can smoke them on a patio. Of course the specific law says you can't if there's an umbrella or something overhead but those laws are usually overlooked. We will see. I don't care either way.

(Because I don't give a shit about secondhand smoke)

I suppose someone is going to need to invent a breathalyzer as a blood test for every stoned driver would be a little inconvenient.

WSS

Possibly. It's not even legalized yet so we have no idea how they're going to set it up. Most places you can't drink a beer while walking down the street but you can smoke a cigarette. You can't smoke cigarettes indoors but depending on the rules you can smoke them on a patio. Of course the specific law says you can't if there's an umbrella or something overhead but those laws are usually overlooked. We will see. I don't care either way.

(Because I don't give a shit about secondhand smoke)

I suppose someone is going to need to invent a breathalyzer as a blood test for every stoned driver would be a little inconvenient.

WSS

Seeing how weed stays in your blood and urine for weeks, a simple breathalyzer will need to be invented for sure.

Also, some places you can't even walk down the street smoking, ie. Cleveland Clinic.

I see the smokers standing on the Fairview Bridge because they can't smoke on Clinic property.

That property includes a couple of streets near the Hospital.

It seems like to some on here legalizing weed = everyone, everywhere smoking weed at all times. I think most of us are talking about personal use on private property being legalized. Not walking down the street. No in a bar. Etc. Maybe "weed bars" will be a thing at some point here though.

Cal's point about second hand smoke, at is base, is kind of something that exists. I would imagine then that Cal is for banning cigars and cigarettes as well.

I just don't see how anyone could possibly rationalize being for the legal use of alcohol and cigarettes, but not weed. The only way I can see this happening is if you're knee deep in anti weed propaganda and turning a blind eye to everything else. Yes, that does describe some posters on here perfectly, but even some of them are saying they're for the legalization of weed. It just makes too much sense and there are a lot of benefits to be had from it.

PS. Weed bars will be tricky because part of the gripe about secondhand smoke is that servers bartenders management etc must be protected.

WSS

Right, but that same issue exists in bars where you are allowed to smoke.

Plus, there are ways to get the effects of weed without 2nd hand smoke.

PS. Weed bars will be tricky because part of the gripe about secondhand smoke is that servers bartenders management etc must be protected.

WSS

If I'm not mistaken, they have cigar bars around town. And you can smoke in the tobacco stores.

Some part of the smoking ban allows for smoking in places that have a certain percentage of their incomes coming from tobacco. I believe the percentage is really high though

Right, but that same issue exists in bars where you are allowed to smoke.

Plus, there are ways to get the effects of weed without 2nd hand smoke.

You aren't allowed to smoke in bars.

Technically not even on a patio if there's so much aso an umbrella.

Also I would imagine that smoking dope will be the preferred method.

WSS

You aren't allowed to smoke in bars.

Technically not even on a patio if there's so much aso an umbrella.

Also I would imagine that smoking dope will be the preferred method.

WSS

Doesn't that law vary state by state?

Edit: Oh yeah, this started with the vote in Ohio. My bad I forgot

My point was that you are allowed to smoke in some bars. But the law varies state by state. I am not sure if this is being limited to why weed should be legal in Ohio, or if we're talking all of the US.

I realize you like to be the Devil's Advocate, but at this point, I think you're getting into arguing against points that no one is making.

It does vary state by state. Your point?

PS there's a difference between walking down the street and standing on Cleveland Clinic property.

WSS

The main campus of the Cleveland Clinic takes up about 12 blocks. And you can't smoke on any of the streets within the campus. And they are public streets.

The Fairview Hospital also has public streets within its campus and you can't smoke on those streets either

according to the Ohio revised code.

"Smoking" means inhaling, exhaling, burning, or carrying any lighted cigar, cigarette, pipe, or other lighted smoking device for burning tobacco or any other plant. "Smoking" does not include the burning of incense in a religious ceremony.

So weed, being a plant, is prohibited from being smoked anywhere a tobacco product can't be smoked

My point was that you are allowed to smoke in some bars. But the law varies state by state. I am not sure if this is being limited to why weed should be legal in Ohio, or if we're talking all of the US.

I realize you like to be the Devil's Advocate, but at this point, I think you're getting into arguing against points that no one is making.

I'm not arguing for or against any points. I don't give a fuck if people smoke in bars. And since this proposition hasn't even been voted on any speculation as to what will happen in Ohio is moot.

WSS

Nope.

But I do work in bars and I certainly prefer not coming home every night smelling like an ashtray. On the other hand I've played places that have really nice air filtration systems.

WSS

You play my ass...you probably don't even know the difference between a Gmaj triad and a Gm7.

Just joking WSS, you are a pretty good musician, heard you once live on WKNR.

Nope.

But I do work in bars and I certainly prefer not coming home every night smelling like an ashtray. On the other hand I've played places that have really nice air filtration systems.

WSS

It is nice not coming home from the bar without the stench of cigarettes.

Second hand smoke needs to be treated like cigs with the same laws applying to pot that apply to cigarettes. Designated smoking zones, use in home only, whatever other cig laws they have.

It will be, according to Ohio law.

"Smoking" means inhaling, exhaling, burning, or carrying any lighted cigar, cigarette, pipe, or other lighted smoking device for burning tobacco or any other plant. "Smoking" does not include the burning of incense in a religious ceremony.

That's what Ohio law states

Blow and Stuart did a liberal happy dance around the subject.

Drinking doesn't affect the person's breathing or drinking a beverage on a bus.

Weed sure the hell does.

Drunk drivers get tested, and get the slammer when caught.

How to you tell a pot stoned driver is above whatever level?

You don't have to drink at a party where a lot of people are drinking.

But you go to a pot party, and you are smokin whether you like it or not.

Same applies on a bus. In someone's home as a contractor doing work.

The second hand smoke affect... is flat out a serious difference.

And saying that it isn't true doesn't make it not true.

Blow and Stuart did a liberal happy dance around the subject.

Drinking doesn't affect the person's breathing or drinking a beverage on a bus.

Weed sure the hell does.

Drunk drivers get tested, and get the slammer when caught.

How to you tell a pot stoned driver is above whatever level?

You don't have to drink at a party where a lot of people are drinking.

But you go to a pot party, and you are smokin whether you like it or not.

Same applies on a bus. In someone's home as a contractor doing work.

The second hand smoke affect... is flat out a serious difference.

And saying that it isn't true doesn't make it not true.

I'm pretty sure you can't smoke on a bus

I am also interested to see how they will test drivers for marijuana intoxication.

Archived