THE BROWNS BOARD

Who is the best in the AFCN

The Gipper

Except Brown drops exactly the same amount as Gordon.....so, if your gonna argue a point, its best to argue a valid one.....

2012 Brown had 4 drops to Gordons same 4 drops.....

2013 Brown had 8 drops to Gordons 9 drops.....

so 1 more dropped ball by Gordon....HUGE difference, eh?...

lest we forget that Gordon gained 5 yards more per catch X 100+ catches = 500 extra yards of production o the same #of catches...

which is almost 2 whole games of offense...less 1 drop.....so there's that too.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/shutdown-corner/why-cleveland-browns-josh-gordon-drops-game-winning-202740854--nfl.html

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/12/cleveland_browns_josh_gordon_o_1.html

Also, what's their drop rate? How many drops per target? Any difference?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gotta back up what the dick troller says about AJ Green though....cause he drops a TON of passes.....way way more than both these guys together....plus, like he said, he gives up a ton more interceptions too.....

in 2013:

Drops = Brown 9,,,,Gordon 9....Green 11

Ints = Brown 3....Gordon 2....Green 12

TD's = Brown 8....Gordon 9....Green 11

Less than 1% difference both years.....Gordon got one year...Brown got the other.....they are the exact same....

gotta back up what the dick troller says about AJ Green though....cause he drops a TON of passes.....way way more than both these guys together....plus, like he said, he gives up a ton more interceptions too.....

in 2013:

Drops = Brown 9,,,,Gordon 9....Green 11

Ints = Brown 3....Gordon 2....Green 12

TD's = Brown 8....Gordon 9....Green 11

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr2013

ahhh....but, if you break it down.....Browns catches are almost all dunk passes less than 20 yards, while Gordon is a deep receiver...

Measure the 20 yds plus balls and Gordon is king....measure the 20 yards and less balls and Brown is king....

Look at Browns catch percentage on passes over 20 and he's not even close.....(18.8%)....

dink and dunk.....

So this has turned into Smoky vs AB. That's an easy choice. I'd still take Megatron, but only for the next couple of years

Honestly....I dont care which is better....matters not to me.....

was really just trying to correct Dick heads argument that Gordon was known for dropping passes......which was not true.....

Honestly....I dont care which is better....matters not to me.....

was really just trying to correct Dick heads argument that Gordon was known for dropping passes......which was not true.....

It is true jizzlips. Anyway, no one is going to convince the other who's better anyway. One of the players doesn't play anymore so the argument is moot.

In 2012 Gordon's catch rate was 53%. AB was 63%.

In 2013 Gordon's catch rate was 55%. AB was 66%.

IN 2014 Gordon's catch rate was 0.00%. AB was 71%

Yea, compare BRs completion pct. to those of the Browns QBs. 95% of that statistic is on the QB.

And Gordon did have 24 catches in 2013....so we have to question WTF source you are using for that.

In 2014 he was targeted 47 times, caught 24 for 51.1%.

See how good ABs catch rate would have been with Weeden/Campbell/Hoyer/Manziel throwing to him.

I mean....really....do you not get that?

It is true jizzlips. ....... One of the players doesn't play anymore so the argument is moot.

Um, I already showed that they drop at the same rate...and Brown dropped a game winner....see the film above....

You're the one whos been here for hours debating it....I just tried to provide some real stats for ya, since you like to make shit up....and, you, as usual, debate facts like they dont count....

If its moot, why have you spent hours debating it?.....oh yeah, thats what you trolls do....come here and argue and argue and argue.....like its a sport all on its own.....

95% of that statistic is on the QB.

and short passing game....

It is true jizzlips. Anyway, no one is going to convince the other who's better anyway. One of the players doesn't play anymore so the argument is moot.

Well, maybe we can agree that AB was better at catching the dinks and dunks, and Gordon better at catching the long balls.

Comparing their YPC over the last 3 years:

2012 Gordon: 16.1, Brown 11.9

2013 Gordon: 18.9, Brown 13.6

2014 Gordon: 12.6, Brown 13.2.

In Gordon's shithole of a season he nearly matches Brown's great season.

....and, you, as usual, debate facts like they dont count....

Unfair, mud... if the facts support his case, they are accepted...

Less than 1% difference both years.....Gordon got one year...Brown got the other.....they are the exact same....

2012 AB was targeted 106 times and had a 3.8% drop rate. Gordon was targeted 95 and had a 5.3% drop rate.

2013 AB was targeted 166 times and had a 4.2% drop rate. Gordon was targeted 159 and had a 5.0% drop rate.

2014 AB was targeted 181 times and had a 2.8% drop rate. Gordon was targeted 47 and had a 4.3% drop rate.

AB's worst year was better than Gordon's best. Just saying.

Um, I already showed that they drop at the same rate...and Brown dropped a game winner....see the film above....

You're the one whos been here for hours debating it....I just tried to provide some real stats for ya, since you like to make shit up....and, you, as usual, debate facts like they dont count....

If its moot, why have you spent hours debating it?.....oh yeah, thats what you trolls do....come here and argue and argue and argue.....like its a sport all on its own.....

Yeah, I make shit up pecker. See above.

Go look up the Steelers stats and tell me again it's a short passing game.

I remember JG dropping one game winner his rookie season. I thought Haslem was going to stroke out in his skybox

Stat...........Brown.................................Gordon.......Gordon projected if he has same # of games

Seasons.....5........................................3

Games........70......................................35................70

Targets......597......................................302.............604

Receptions 390.....................................163............326

Percent......65.5....................................53.3...........same

Yards........5259....................................2754..........5508

TDs............28.......................................14..............28

YPC........ 13.5...................................17.1..........same

CPG.........5.6......................................4.6..........same

YPG.........75.1....................................78.7.........same

Fumbles....8.........................................1..............2

Rushing...25 atts./82 yds/3.3 ypa.... ..5 atts/88 yds/17.6 ypa.....10 atts/176 yds/same

ahhh....but, if you break it down.....Browns catches are almost all dunk passes less than 20 yards, while Gordon is a deep receiver...

Measure the 20 yds plus balls and Gordon is king....measure the 20 yards and less balls and Brown is king....

Look at Browns catch percentage on passes over 20 and he's not even close.....(18.8%)....

dink and dunk.....

Look at all the yac. Dink and dunk and then make a million people miss is a hell of a alot more difficult than streaking down field or running a dig against a linebacker in garbage time.

Look at all the yac. Dink and dunk and then make a million people miss is a hell of a alot more difficult than streaking down field or running a dig against a linebacker in garbage time.

Shut the fuck up with your garbage time you stupid moron.. Just go away...No one wants you here.

I wonder how many years this horse excrement will troll this forum?

I've never seen someone so disliked purposefully stay somewhere this long. I guess he's determined to right the wrongs of Zombo and Gipper until the grave. Sad story. Some day someone in the Steelers organization will send him a thank you letter for defending the organization from unbiased Steelers perspectives. That'll be a great day for this special guy!

I'll take wagers starting with the Over/under at 10.5 years until this fucktard finally leaves. (seriously, PM me, I take Paypal or Square Cash).

Say: Yes, you are right Gipper.

Might Jones put up more stats than White? Maybe.....but White has always been more valuable to that team.

This is one of the 3 worst sports takes I have ever read/seen.

No. 2 was Lumbergh and DA.

No. 1 was PoeticG and Trent Richardson.

You're in dangerous company on this one.

Shut the fuck up with your garbage time you stupid moron.. Just go away...No one wants you here.

Easy tubbernaut. I enjoy your overreactions. I'm gonna post here for the rest of my life, we'll continue to have the same conversations because the browns when I'm 80 will still be cock gobbling at the bottom.

I've never seen someone so disliked purposefully stay somewhere this long. I guess he's determined to right the wrongs of Zombo and Gipper until the grave. Sad story. Some day someone in the Steelers organization will send him a thank you letter for defending the organization from unbiased Steelers perspectives. That'll be a great day for this special guy!

I'll take wagers starting with the Over/under at 10.5 years until this fucktard finally leaves. (seriously, PM me, I take Paypal or Square Cash).

Forrrrrreeeeever

I've never seen someone so disliked purposefully stay somewhere this long. I guess he's determined to right the wrongs of Zombo and Gipper until the grave.

I don't know about Zombo....but I have committed no "wrongs".

Hell, I have given credit to Steeler owners/coaches/players on here when no one else would.....when it is deserved. I don't pull a Pollyanna routine and praise every player and think he is the greatest since sliced bologna just because he plays for my team, the way the Vag does.

Sad story. Some day someone in the Steelers organization will send him a thank you letter for defending the organization from unbiased Steelers perspectives. That'll be a great day for this special guy!

Yea, the problem is he can never see that organization from an unbiased perspective. OK, sure, sometimes all of us here cannot see them from an unbiased perspective either....but from the other side of the coin. But I think am eminently fair to them.

Can I borrow the money from you to pay you:? (a trick I learned watching Lovejoy)

This is one of the 3 worst sports takes I have ever read/seen.

No. 2 was Lumbergh and DA.

No. 1 was PoeticG and Trent Richardson.

You're in dangerous company on this one.

Your man love for Julio Jones makes you stupid about him. He is a good deep threat, sure, but he is by no means among the 5 best WRs in the game today from an overall perspective.

Calvin Johnson is better. AJ Green is better. Antonio Brown is better. Dez Bryant is better. Brandon Marshall is better. Larry Fitzgerald is better. Steve Smith may be better (he was in his prime anyway). Andre Johnson may be better (again, he was in his prime). Vincent Jackson is better.

I put Julio Jones in a class with Mike Wallace and Michael Crabtree.

And Roddy White HAS been more valuable to that team while they have both been there....even if Jones plays more "spectacularly"

Easy tubbernaut. I enjoy your overreactions. I'm gonna post here for the rest of my life, we'll continue to have the same conversations because the browns when I'm 80 will still be cock gobbling at the bottom.

You'll never make it to 80... I'm not overreacting.. you're the one that reacts to every negative post about the Stoolers and the proof is in each thread..You sit like a troll waiting for anything slightly negative about the stools then you jump on it like a little girl who had her cabbage patch doll taken away from her.. It must suck to be a closet cunt.

Archived