THE BROWNS BOARD

Justin Gilbert

darubes

I get it, I really do. But I think the negative perception of him causes his few poor plays to be magnified. He was not nearly as bad last year as pretty much everyone here except Mud thinks, so I do have faith that in the regular season he's going to prove himself. I really do.

Fine, but understand that this goes back to Flugel's original point:

"When I hear "he's gonna" it only reminds me "he hasn't." "

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's like talking to Retard. You are right and everyone else, including the coaching staff, is wrong.

Gilbert came in here as our #8 pick in the first round with an immature, shit attitude. By the end of the year

he was being called out by respected veterans because of his arrogance, immaturity, and general

unprofessional approach towards the game. So far this season, he has had a poor showing against Washington

and by all accounts a horrific week against Buffalo.

Surely you understand that Cleveland fans are tired of the excuses and simply want to see some sort of return on

the investment.

And I'll stop calling you Shirley...

He's not immune to laws of human nature. So if that's your standard, all but maybe 1 or 2 guys on the team are "pussies."

Are the laws of human nature "let what people say on social media affect your job performance"?

Because, if so, I've yet to find one person in my life who follows that supposed law of human nature.

The bad news here is we lost Desir to a concussion last night and Gilbert needs to get moving if he can. We need a solid Number 3 at CB?

Gaines was until his hammie happened...

There comes a point when you have to say "pass" to promise/potential and take production.

The question I have about Gilbert in this team game thing here is this: is he going to be willing to go above and beyond his primary responsibility? For example, a throw is completed to a big TE who is not Gilbert's guy. However Gilbert now is in decent position to tackle the TE heading toward an exploitable seam nearby.

What does your gut tell he is going to do:

1) Say "F--- it! Not my guy/problem!"

2) Do what Skrine or Haden would always do by hustling into position to plant a shoulder, wrap and drive through the man.

3) Find the perfect excuse to slip or dive to avoid contact.

4) Grab so it at least appears he attempted to stop the guy.

I feel bad saying this but I don't have enough evidence to think he'd consider #2 above. A classic example of the difference between a guy that does the little things vrs a guy that puts I before team is Webster Slaughter on the Fumble. Here's a play where if Webster didn't want to block Jeremiah Castille - he could at least set a passive pic to prevent him the opportunity of stripping Byner of the football at the one. While that doesn't excuse how Byner was holding the football on that play - the refusal to do just 1 little thing was the difference between putting that playoff game in overtime and ending it with the type of disappointment it ended in. Games that close boil down to the little things. And Gilbert doesn't have my trust until he shows me it. Trust me when I say I'd love to have it. That said, I think we're talented and deep enough at corner to the extent Gilbert might not get any playing time or possibly a spot on the roster if he's not showing the coaches what he can do every day in practice.

Both Gilbert and Manziel have learned that this is finally the level where just being talented isn't enough to show up and be successful any more. They're at the point where if they fail to prepare - they should prepare to fail. We'll see how it plays out...

Are the laws of human nature "let what people say on social media affect your job performance"?

Because, if so, I've yet to find one person in my life who follows that supposed law of human nature.

People insulting you don't increase your desire to succeed for them.

It's like talking to Retard. You are right and everyone else, including the coaching staff, is wrong.

Gilbert came in here as our #8 pick in the first round with an immature, shit attitude. By the end of the year

he was being called out by respected veterans because of his arrogance, immaturity, and general

unprofessional approach towards the game. So far this season, he has had a poor showing against Washington

and by all accounts a horrific week against Buffalo.

Surely you understand that Cleveland fans are tired of the excuses and simply want to see some sort of return on

the investment.

And I'll stop calling you Shirley...

No, the coaching staff isn't wrong. They thought he played fairly well last year, until the end. That's the same position I have, that Mud has, that PFF has in their grades. You all insisting he sucked last year despite playing fairly well in all but two of the games he played in are actually the ones that think the staff is wrong.

I'll be sure to yell that out at Lebron or Joe next time they say they're doing it for Cleveland. Of course he's personally invested but this entire league exists for the fans. The fans will pay that contract. The fans provide enough funds to keep him on the team. It's all connected.

I'll be sure to yell that out at Lebron or Joe next time they say they're doing it for Cleveland. Of course he's personally invested but this entire league exists for the fans. The fans will pay that contract. The fans provide enough funds to keep him on the team. It's all connected.

It's a symbolic gesture but neither of them would be playing if they weren't paid for it.

Thinking anything otherwise shows nothing but naïveté.

Archived