THE BROWNS BOARD

Ben Carson wins poll - first choice of Republicans

calfoxwc

It’s official. As the poll results below show, Ben Carson is now the first choice of Republican voters who will choose the 2016 Republican nominee for president.

Wow!

I didn’t think Ben Carson would soar to the top this fast.

debate_rankings250.jpg?1439828784

Yes, there are other polls out there that show Ben Carson as low as third place, but these polls are skewed because they include independents and, in the case of NBC, people who did not even watch the debate!

And, that’s not all the good news…

The Democrat survey firm, Public Policy Polling, released new survey results on August 12, 2015 showing thatBen Carson beats Hillary Clinton in a head-to-head contest in Iowa 44% to 40%.

No other Republican candidate defeats Hillary in Iowa by that margin.

Wow, again.

And, perhaps you saw in the newspapers or on TV that Ben Carson is drawing huge crowds. No matter where he goes, thousands of people turn out to see and hear him.

Yet more good news…

Polling shows that among all the Republican candidates for president, Ben Carson is number one with millennials—the 18 to 33 years old voters.

I’m excited, and you should be too.

Of course, it’s still very early, but these poll results are certainly encouraging. That doesn’t mean that the polls won’t go up and down, but I’m confident that Ben Carson has the staying power needed to win.

But, I need to stop right here.

Make no mistake about it. You deserve the credit for Ben Carson’s rise in the polls and his growing success.

Of course, our blessings come from God, so he deserves our first thanks.

But, I want you to know that your faithful support of Ben Carson is greatly appreciated and is having a huge impact.

A. I do not post all of them. That's a stupid, woodypeckerhead ass-umption.

B. And a pear isn't an apple. But you are a woodpecker.

C. They don't have to. They aren't trying to influence the likes of you.

I get their emails, because I want Carson to be the nominee, or VP.

D. Stop your everyday whining, just freakin once.

Give gays rights, but not marriage, because it's a choice

Redefining marriage is slippery slope with disastrous ending

God says tithe at 10%; no triple tithe for bumper crops.

Eradicate poverty by providing education and requiring work

ObamaCare is the worst thing since slavery

Obamacare is about restriction and control

No, he's exactly correct. And it's proving to be the truth. You're a lib, so you hate that....

Do you know what this means? I have my own understand of tithing, which was a voluntary

donation to the religios elders of the Jewish tribes, mostly of food. Because the elders were their

"government"...and didn't farm, etc etc. We already pay that to OUR gov, whereby it is not a religious gov,

and neither are our churches anymore. Carson doesn't believe in a progressive rate tax. That is smart.

Seriously? You don't get this, and think it's crazy? Not for the disabled, unable to work crowd, but

for a whole lot of perfectly healthy, entitlement sloths.

Sure, Chris, tell Carson all about how about race and slavery.

And, it IS about restriction and control. Google that. Talk to local drs who have found it out.

Pitiful try on the cover up.

WHAT? That is what you think is "bat-shit crazy" ??? LOLOLOL

Well

We understand that any reference to God not made by a Democrat will set some people off.

Requiring work sounds like a fine idea to me.

Worse than slavery? Slavery was worldwide and on its way out of favour and is now eliminated in most of the civilized world. Obamacare will only grow and fester.

Of course it's about restriction and control. Anything people need, health care, transportation, food, shelter etc etc if it is controlled by the government the people are controlled by the government.

WSS

Sadly, you're wrong, Chris. And THANK YOU for living in Great Britain.

Seriously. Say, how about you inviting Woody over there to be

a roomate, eh? Find him a job.

Well

We understand that any reference to God not made by a Democrat will set some people off.

Missing the point completely. As with all things, it's not about believing in god. It's about saying "well god said this, so we should run our country that way" - regardless of whether a 10% tax would actually generate enough tax income. A quick search puts average wage at around $50k; 10% tax is $5k per 'working aged person' (67% of pop.) and assuming they're all employed, as per the requirement below, that generates an income of:

$5k * 320m * 67% ~ $1tn.

Last year's income tax total was $1.7tn - so you immediately have a shortfall of $700bn. Given his stances on other issues, I'm guessing he wouldn't plan to raise taxes in other areas to account for that.

Requiring work sounds like a fine idea to me.

For everybody of working age? What about someone who wins the lottery? Or who makes investments that pay off so they don't have to work? Or people that work a nice contract for 9 months of the year, so they can not work the other 3 months ? Do we force cut NFL players to work at a grocery store? Or extreme-cal, being self-sufficient on his farm - generates his own electricity, food, etc, but has an income of maybe a few thousand a year from selling excess produce. There's no shortage of people who wouldn't work for legitimate reasons.

I don't wholly object to making people claiming whatever the US version of job seekers' allowance is work a little to get it, but requiring work for all is nonsense.

Worse than slavery? Slavery was worldwide and on its way out of favour and is now eliminated in most of the civilized world. Obamacare will only grow and fester.

He's not saying it's worse than slavery (he's not that dumb), just the worst thing since slavery. This is, presumably, in comparison to all the terrorist attacks, wars, the holocaust, the great depression, japanese interment camps, and a bunch of other things I'm sure. Just for reference, he's comparing a way for everyone to have medical insurance to these things.

Of course it's about restriction and control. Anything people need, health care, transportation, food, shelter etc etc if it is controlled by the government the people are controlled by the government.

Controlled in what way? Health care is nationalised here, as you know, public transportation is tendered out by the government so they have final say. And I certainly don't feel 'controlled' more than other places. I know a lot of people here are part of the 'conspiracy-theory generation' but that's a bit ridiculous.

WSS

So in section 1 you are just disputing a 10 percent fair tax system?

(and you're upset there was a reference to the tithes)

Well apparently the Masters agree with you since the time the income tax was started it has balloons out of control with no end in sight.

Second yes for anyone able to work. Of course if you are a lottery winner or financial planner or something that means there is income so what's your point? Remember the idea that working as a remedy for poverty was the idea and in those cases poverty is not part of the equation. And yes I believe everyone should do something and not just sponge off the government. (And please no references to vegetables in the hospital or brain dead people or anything silly like that) I don't suppose the education part angers you as well?

Slavery and all the other things that worry you so have been eliminated. Terrorism hasn't been a United States policy as far as I know. Perhaps the Europeans disagree. Only Obamacare will grow, completely changing the fabric of American society. Some say for the worse.

Also slavery is the outrage du jour today. We got rid of it long ago and still cry about it, even though we aren't attacking other countries who openly practice it today. Paper Tiger? Strawman?

Well you can call it a conspiracy if you like but handing out free shit and then threatening to take it away once people are addicted to it unless they keep you in the ruling class... Call it what you will sir.

I think that's underscored by the fact you became angry that someone suggest people work. How dare someone suggest I should work! You owe me a living! See what I mean?

Anyhow (whether I agree completely or not) I don't suppose a flat tax, requiring work for those able and being against socialized medicine fall under the category of bat shit crazy.

PS I think socialized medicine beginning with FDR has fucked up a lot of things. I think it's one reason it's so ridiculously expensive and taken for granted. But that's another discussion.

WSS

So in section 1 you are just disputing a 10 percent fair tax system?

(and you're upset there was a reference to the tithes)

Well apparently the Masters agree with you since the time the income tax was started it has balloons out of control with no end in sight.

I'm not sure how I could have made it much clearer? He's just taken that figure from the bible, said that because says this we must live like this, without even pausing to think how it might be applied to the country today. This is linked to criticism of him on other things where his religious beliefs don't align with what's the best thing for the country/world and yet he's sticking to them.

Second yes for anyone able to work. Of course if you are a lottery winner or financial planner or something that means there is income so what's your point? Remember the idea that working as a remedy for poverty was the idea and in those cases poverty is not part of the equation. And yes I believe everyone should do something and not just sponge off the government. (And please no references to vegetables in the hospital or brain dead people or anything silly like that) I don't suppose the education part angers you as well?

Why would I have anything against education? I'm guessing, though, he might not be in favour of teaching evolution etc.

Digging deeper in to what he said, it seems his requirement to work is only attached to anybody receiving benefits. As I said before, I'm not actually against that, as long as it still enables people to find work, is used for the benefit of society and not as a stick (as opposed to carrot).

Slavery and all the other things that worry you so have been eliminated. Terrorism hasn't been a United States policy as far as I know. Perhaps the Europeans disagree. Only Obamacare will grow, completely changing the fabric of American society. Some say for the worse.

Also slavery is the outrage du jour today. We got rid of it long ago and still cry about it, even though we aren't attacking other countries who openly practice it today. Paper Tiger? Strawman?

He said "You know Obamacare is really I think the worst thing that has happened in this nation since slavery" - he's not talking about government policy. He's saying that access to medical insurance is worse than 9/11, worse than all the racism in the early-mid 20th century, and anything else you can think of. Worse than the collection of Browns QBs.

Well you can call it a conspiracy if you like but handing out free shit and then threatening to take it away once people are addicted to it unless they keep you in the ruling class... Call it what you will sir.

I think that's underscored by the fact you became angry that someone suggest people work. How dare someone suggest I should work! You owe me a living! See what I mean?

Those words you're trying to put in my mouth - they don't fit.

Anyhow (whether I agree completely or not) I don't suppose a flat tax, requiring work for those able and being against socialized medicine fall under the category of bat shit crazy.

PS I think socialized medicine beginning with FDR has fucked up a lot of things. I think it's one reason it's so ridiculously expensive and taken for granted. But that's another discussion.

WSS

I won't vote for Carson because of his comments on gun ownership and due to the heavy religious influence on his positions.

Honestly, I can't think of a single candidate I like in this upcoming election. I liked Rand Paul because I am a libertarian but he looked like a snarky puss at the debate. If he can't handle arguing with a mildly Retarded Chris Christie then foreign leaders would eat him alive.

Gotta hit the shower but just as for the last words you say I put in your mouth they did appear to so until you reread and understood what he said about working for those who are accepting Benefits. It didn't seem as if you understood that the first time.

But I don't see it as a carrot or a stick.

Basically somebody needs help, great here is some help. Now society could use this could you help us out?

WSS

Ah you got me there woody. I don't think you've ever said a disparaging word about Dr Carson. No doubt whenever Cal brings it up you always speak of the man with the utmost respect. Must be the LSD I took.

WSS

Except I wasn't disagreeing with the statement "Woody says negative things about Carson". You said "vice versa" to a statement I made earlier, and then went ahead and described me either doing something that isn't the opposite of that original statement, or something I've never done to begin with...

I've called Carson willfully ignorant. So have other posters. I've called him timid at the debate. So have others. What do you want? I've also called him a great doctor and obviously very intelligent when he wants to be. If anything, it is a great case story on some negative effects of religion.

god damn... if some posters could just actually read posts for what they are, without inserting their own interpretations, that would be great...

god damn... if some posters woodpecker could just actually read posts for what they are, without inserting their his own interpretations, that would be great...

Archived