THE BROWNS BOARD

DFS Junkies

Mike H

Any DFS junkies on BBoard?

Have gotten heavily invested in it this season, and doing really well already (preseason NFL DFS is insane).

Let's talk about strategies, I won entry to the Week 1 $10 million contest. If I win, I'll buy Browns Board and change the site theme to Manziel (kidding, kinda... not really... no I'll do it.)

What are some things you like to try?

I'm a big fan of stacking players in the games that appear to be high scoring. Going with Matt Ryan and Julio Jones vs. Green Bay in Week 1.

There's also the "fade", where you know a lot of people will be picking certain players so you avoid them because the points will just end up canceling out.

I don't play any of the fantasy stuff, but when we drove thru Vegas last week I did put down $130 to win $100 taking Texas A&M and the under at 8 for the season record. 9-12 wins and I happily lose the bet. 8 gets my money back and 7 or less helps me with the misery of a not so great season by getting a check for $230 in the mail for Xmas. It's a win-win. :D

PS-the over under line on the Browns was 6 1/2 games. Could not see any win-win in that one.

I play both major sites for football only. I enjoy them aside from hating the lack of ethics in their "deposit match". To some degree the strategy in the large pools is like playing the mega millions.

What lack of ethics? I haven't played these but want to this year.

Pay the really cheap PFF fantasy fare and do whatever they tell you.

This is a good strategy... I did it last year. It's good enough to get you paid on some 50/50 games or double-ups, but the big money comes from independent thinking. You can't win the bigger games if you're riding the popular groupthink of the week approach.

On the "match" of funds as Mike says they slowly release it as you play. I mean SLOWWWWWWWWW. You literally have to spend 20 to 40 times the deposit amount to realize the full match. The way they advertise it is deceptive at best. From a customer satisfaction standpoint they would be better to just quit advertising and matching it.

Archived