THE BROWNS BOARD

Maurkice Pouncey could miss the entire season, will need surgery.

WalterWhite

Well, actually this is a little bit out of your ass.

First link was some guy named Brett Kollmann's opinion back in July 2014.

1. Why does Brett Kollmann decide who the best the best slot corner is in the NFL? Who the fuck is he, anyway?

2. This would not take into account last season. Don't you think last season is kinda important when declaring someone the best slot corner in the NFL last season? Or do you think an article by Brett Kollmann from before last season is good enough to make this declaration.

Second link says he is a "Top five cornerback in our grading system". Top five ... not the best. And for their system.

So ... I'll continue to wait for you to explain to me why he was "the best slot corner in the league last season"

As we read your latest post further, we find out that it wasn't that he didn't fit "Kelly's system" (Perhaps you meant DC Billy Davis) but because he wanted to play outside and the Eagles wanted him inside ... that's different. So they traded this ever-so-great slot cornerback for a 5th round

Brett Fucking Kollmann's cousin at PFF.com rated K'Waun Williams 7 spots higher than Boykin last season.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wouldn't wish injury on anyone or team BUT now you Ahole stooler fans can STFU about your team this year and how dominate you were going to be.

good luck bitches.

The only one who suggested the Steelers would be dominate is you. It must be a feeling coming from your subconscious.

Brett Fucking Kollmann's cousin at PFF.com rated K'Waun Williams 7 spots higher than Boykin last season.

That's because K'Waun Williams is the best slot corner in the league.

I declared it ... thus it is so.

Zombo

It sucks. Sucks bad. He's a great player and he'll be missed. Hopefully he makes a full recovery. He's had some unlucky stuff happen to him. I think he's been injured 3 times now getting rolled up on from behind.

Better your players than our players. The Browns have had more than double their share of injuries.....so let someone else suffer them.

we've already been without him for a season dip shit, our offense isn't your offense. Big injury but Cody Wallace should be fine.

That's what we said about Ryan Seymour and McDonald who took over for Mack last year. Things will not be "fine when you lose your best offensive lineman.

However: maybe your saving grace is two fold: A. that you do have an outstanding OL coach that might get them through things.

B. Your QB will not fall apart like the Browns QB did when he lost his Pro Bowl OC. Mack was a security blanket for Hoyer who rolled up into the fetal position when Mack went down essentially. I don't think BR will do that at this point in his career.

Well, actually this is a little bit out of your ass.

First link was some guy named Brett Kollmann's opinion back in July 2014.

1. Why does Brett Kollmann decide who the best the best slot corner is in the NFL? Who the fuck is he, anyway?

2. This would not take into account last season. Don't you think last season is kinda important when declaring someone the best slot corner in the NFL last season? Or do you think an article by Brett Kollmann from before last season is good enough to make this declaration.

Second link says he is a "Top five cornerback in our grading system". Top five ... not the best. And for their system.

So ... I'll continue to wait for you to explain to me why he was "the best slot corner in the league last season"

As we read your latest post further, we find out that it wasn't that he didn't fit "Kelly's system" (Perhaps you meant DC Billy Davis) but because he wanted to play outside and the Eagles wanted him inside ... that's different. So they traded this ever-so-great slot cornerback for a 5th round pick that could turn into a 4th round pick? Boy the Eagles really valued him.

Also ... take note ... the fifth best slot corner in the league is probably the 37th best outside corner,

Zombo

Who are we talking about here? A CB? Not Pouncey.

If Justin Gilbert played for the Steelers he would tell you how Gilbert is the second coming of Deion Sanders.

Would you trade Gilbert for this guy straight up?

Well now you can sleep better. At least no dumb ass Steeler fan can tell you that Pouncey is better than Mack right now.

When both are perfectly healthy Mack was better.

Sucking is going 8-8 by Steeler standards, the worst record the Steelers had in the past 11 years.

OK, prepare to suck by your standards.

Understand the difference between excuses and reasons though.

Excuses for losing is shit like "the QB had an off day" or whining about play calling and officiating, "we made too many mistakes" etc.

But a good reason is injuries... even though a coach won't admit to it in public.

Another good reason would be if the sewers backed up in the locker room and key players came down with staph.

Were these quotes by Steelers players after the last time the Browns played them? Sounds like it to me

Well, it's interesting that the squealers traded for a cheap shot cb. It's what they do.

Anybody who will take a violent hit on somebody. Even somebody they aren't supposed to hit.

That's Boykin.

That's because K'Waun Williams is the best slot corner in the league.

I declared it ... thus it is so.

Zombo

PFF declares it too....

Boykin has done ok in the slot, but has zero experience on the outside.....and it's a whole different animal out there.....

And in re to Pouncey?......AaaaaaHAHAHAHAHAHA.........oh well.....shit happens....

PFF declares it too....

Boykin has done ok in the slot, but has zero experience on the outside.....and it's a whole different animal out there.....

And in re to Pouncey?......AaaaaaHAHAHAHAHAHA.........oh well.....shit happens....

I am still bummed about Pouncey going down. Such a good dude

Boykin thinks Kelly wouldn't play him on the outside, because he's "racist".

Meanwhile.......

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/6/2/8716223/brandon-boykin-eagles-cornerback-slot-outside-start-chip-kelly-quote

"I think our two outside corners are very good football players," Kelly said. "Again, it’s a matchup game. The bigger receivers are on the outside. The smaller receivers are on the inside. So you’ve got two longer guys in Fletch [bradley Fletcher] and Cary [Williams] that really fit in terms of getting matched up. When most people, if they’re gonna be in '21' personnel, then they’re not small outside. They’re big outside. So when they’re big, we’re big. I think when you bring in the Wes Welkers and the great slot receivers in this league, you need to have someone that has the ability to cover them. And I think that’s what Brandon’s strength really is. That’s the way we’ve always looked at it."

Yeah, they should just forfeit now. They lost a lineman and are replacing him with another lineman. Season over I guess.

like it was our downfall last season. you guys are done and we'll gladly step over your dead carcasses to take the conference crown this year.

like it was our downfall last season. you guys are done and we'll gladly step over your dead carcasses to take the conference crown this year.

Two very different teams my friend. Your downfall was more than Mack. You couldn't stop the run and you had no qb. This line is better than it was the last time he got hurt and they should be better able to hold the fort until he returns. They're now saying 6 to 8 weeks. Like I said, tough loss, great player, but they're better prepared. It will affect them though no doubt.

Well, like the stool fan says, they'll just replace him with another......

Thats easy to do with an average center....but not a great center......

So.....either he's great and, therefore, impossible to replace.....or he's not......cant have it both ways....

Crystal ball says Danny Shelton will soon to meet the Rapist.......up close and personal.....

Well, like the stool fan says, they'll just replace him with another......

Thats easy to do with an average center....but not a great center......

So.....either he's great and, therefore, impossible to replace.....or he's not......cant have it both ways....

Crystal ball says Danny Shelton will soon to meet the Rapist.......up close and personal.....

The position is downgraded obviously. Cody Wallace was new to the team two years ago when it happened last time. I expect him to be better this time around. Just because he's not as good as the guy he's replacing doesn't mean he can't get the job done. You sure have a lot of confidence in your crystal ball considering Danny Shelton hasn't played a down of real NFL football yet. You might want to see him play before annointing him the second coming of Warren Sapp.

The position is downgraded obviously. Cody Wallace was new to the team two years ago when it happened last time. I expect him to be better this time around. Just because he's not as good as the guy he's replacing doesn't mean he can't get the job done. You sure have a lot of confidence in your crystal ball considering Danny Shelton hasn't played a down of real NFL football yet. You might want to see him play before annointing him the second coming of Warren Sapp.

I havent annointed anyone as the second coming of Warren Sapp.....you're just writing fiction there......

Though Id be happy to wager that Shelton handles your guy Cody....(easily too)....

Cody Wallace was 6 years in the league before ever even starting a game(and didnt even make a team for his first 4 years.., until the stools signed him that is).....and in the 6 starts he's now had(over 7 years), has graded out as terrible almost every game....

So, you can expect him to do well, but I cant expect Shelton to?......even though Shelton has already earned starter status?

We shall see.....my money is on our guy.....

I havent annointed anyone as the second coming of Warren Sapp.....you're just writing fiction there......

Though Id be happy to wager that Shelton handles your guy Cody....(easily too)....

Cody Wallace was 6 years in the league before ever even starting a game(and didnt even make a team for his first 4 years.., until the stools signed him that is).....and in the 6 starts he's now had(over 7 years), has graded out as terrible almost every game....

So, you can expect him to do well, but I cant expect Shelton to?......even though Shelton has already earned starter status?

We shall see.....my money is on our guy.....

We will see. Wallace isn't Pouncey but I do expect him to be better than two years ago for reasons I've already stated. I think I've been pretty clear that it's a downgrade. That's obvious. That doesn't mean Shelton is going to have 3 sacks and 10 tackles. We'll have to wait and see.

You might want to see him play before annointing him the second coming of Warren Sapp.

That doesn't mean Shelton is going to have 3 sacks and 10 tackles. We'll have to wait and see.

You just make shit up to feel better, eh?

Queue Vag with "Cody Wallace is the best backup center in football and would start for anybody else besides the Teelers."

yep....he's earned 6 starts in 7 years.......wow!

what are you talking about?

where did I imply either of those things?....the real question is what are YOU talking about?.....Retard

Two very different teams my friend. Your downfall was more than Mack. You couldn't stop the run and you had no qb. This line is better than it was the last time he got hurt and they should be better able to hold the fort until he returns. They're now saying 6 to 8 weeks. Like I said, tough loss, great player, but they're better prepared. It will affect them though no doubt.

Well, the QB was playing well behind Mack.....but you are right, once Mack went out and his replacements were less than competent, our fragile QB did lose his confidence and the ability to perform the way he had earlier in the season. He just didn't have the self confidence to overcome that loss.

And for the run....that is correct as well.....but people forget, that in addition to losing Mack, the Browns also lost like 2/3rds of their DL to injury. :

DE Armonty Bryant on IR last 11 games

DT/DE John Hughes on IR last 11 games

DT Phil Taylor IR last 7 games

DT Isma'aly Kitched out last several games, eventually placed on IR.

Backup LB Darius Eubanks on IR most of season

FS Tashaun Gipson (proven to be very good against the run) on IR the last 5 games.

MLB Karlos Dansby also out for a couple of games and had to sit out a lot in games he was active

The Browns were down to chewing gum and duct tape at the DT position last year, i.e. 3rd and 4th stringers. Sure they couldn't stop the run.

I mean, again, you are right.....one starter/quality performer missing from a unit has an affect. No less 5 or 6 players on a unit.

Archived