THE BROWNS BOARD

Maurkice Pouncey could miss the entire season, will need surgery.

WalterWhite

Undrafted free agent rookie K'waun Williams.

No reply from him against analytics. Just quotes from a SB Nation blogger. That's more or less like me saying Mitchell Schwartz is a Top 5 RT and writing an article on it. You can make a case for anything if you dig deep enough... But then there are people who analyze every snap, of every player, and then they do this thing called evaluating and ranking. These people have no agenda, and have watched football more closely than most people who watch, even re-watch these games (I did some work for PFF last year, and it's the most time consuming thing you can imagine). No one with a job or social life can handle the type of workload they ask of their analysts, unless they have another source of income.

So, I'll take an SB Nation blogger and a Steelers fan's word over guys who make it their job to rank and evaluate players. Not.

Boykin is not the best nickel in the NFL.

End rant.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I didn't. Read up in the damn thread man. It was a shot at another poster. I posted that article to highlight how Tomlin plans to address the injury.

Here is your post, copied and pasted:

He's been rolled up on twice by guys over 300 pounds. It's bad luck, not his body failing. Good thing Cody Wallace is the best center in the nfl. You dicks should read what Mike Tomlin said after the game.

Bold added. So....tell us now where you did not say that Cody Wallace is the best center in the NFL. Go back and check your own post if you would like. I don't believe that is what you meant to say....but that is what you DID say.

We lost our center for 8-10 weeks. The rest of the line didn't forget how to play and considering how they played last season I'm not too worried about it. Ben had the best season of his career last year CLEARLY he's on th downswing. Dumbass. Pretty sure munchak and the line will find a way to excel, they are professional athletes after all.

Browns had a better OL by far than the Steelers.....and they certainly didn't play as well as when a key component went down.....and they are professionals as well. Your absolute best player on the line went out. You are left now with your mediocre bunch....and a backup.

So, you should be worried. But...yes, Munchak is a fine coach....and maybe he can coach their way out of this. But his task is much much harder now.

BR may be playing as good as ever. It won't matter if the OL isn't up to snuff.

Here is a good thing for you though: Honestly....the rest of the AFCN doesn't have the super top quality DTs like they used to. The BRowns are the biggest team to fear in this division in that regard. No Haloti Ngata. Peko older.

Yes, for the AFCN, BRs biggest fear is the Browns and Shelton and Taylor etc. At least that is my take on that.

He's been rolled up on twice by guys over 300 pounds. It's bad luck, not his body failing. Good thing Cody Wallace is the best center in the nfl. You dicks should read what Mike Tomlin said after the game.http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Labriola-on-Pounceys-injury/914790a5-de34-407a-ab4f-7718a404ebff?campaign=social51336096&adbid=10153654551069905&adbpl=fb&adbpr=146175949904

HaHa Clinton-Dix, a 205 lb safety rolled up on Pouncey Vag.

Not s 300 pounder.

Browns had a better OL by far than the Steelers.....and they certainly didn't play as well as when a key component went down.....and they are professionals as well. Your absolute best player on the line went out. You are left now with your mediocre bunch....and a backup.

So, you should be worried. But...yes, Munchak is a fine coach....and maybe he can coach their way out of this. But his task is much much harder now.

BR may be playing as good as ever. It won't matter if the OL isn't up to snuff.

Here is a good thing for you though: Honestly....the rest of the AFCN doesn't have the super top quality DTs like they used to. The BRowns are the biggest team to fear in this division in that regard. No Haloti Ngata. Peko older.

Yes, for the AFCN, BRs biggest fear is the Browns and Shelton and Taylor etc. At least that is my take on that.

Somehow I don't think BR is shaking in his boots about the Browns. I'm sure he respects everyone, but aside from the planets being in perfect alignment for a couple games in his career I think he's pretty much handled the Browns. Before 10 people respond with the last game, yeah, I know. Still, the Browns aren't a juggernaut. They're typically a W.

This little blurb caught my attention from your linked article. . .

"Losing Pouncey turns this improved front five into an average bunch."

This little blurb caught my attention from your linked article. . .

"Losing Pouncey turns this improved front five into an average bunch."

No duh. It ain't gonna make them better. So they're average for a while. You guys make it sound like they shouldn't even show up this year. I'm still gonna watch the games I think.

Did Vag say this guy was a 300 pounder?

All he said was....He's been rolled up on twice by guys over 300 pounds.

Which could imply he's been rolled over by guys even bigger.

And it only took a 200 pounder to have him hobble off the field.

That was my point.

Here is your post, copied and pasted:

He's been rolled up on twice by guys over 300 pounds. It's bad luck, not his body failing. Good thing Cody Wallace is the best center in the nfl. You dicks should read what Mike Tomlin said after the game.

Bold added. So....tell us now where you did not say that Cody Wallace is the best center in the NFL. Go back and check your own post if you would like. I don't believe that is what you meant to say....but that is what you DID say.

Gipper the Wallace comment was fucking joke. A joke directed at someone in this thread. How are you this dense? I told you the same thing three times now. I also said read the article to see what Tomlin says about the INJURY. Should I put that in bold? Christ on a cracker lol.

And it only took a 200 pounder to have him hobble off the field.

That was my point.

so a 200lb man rolling up on ankle normally shouldn't cause a bone to break right? It only did because Pouncey is a pussy.

The level of cognitive dissonance of some of the people on this board is hilarious sometimes.

Stooler trolls on a Browns board is like putting a dick on a statue. . . absolutely useless.

There's that word again. When a thread having to do with the teams in the AFCN or the Steelers is started, explain how is it "trolling" when Steeler fans want to express their opinions or takes on the subject.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there are Steeler fans butting in any other thread relating to browns topics...that would be trolling IMO, and arrogant to say the least.

There's that word again. When a thread having to do with the teams in the AFCN or the Steelers is started, explain how is it "trolling" when Steeler fans want to express their opinions or takes on the subject.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there are Steeler fans butting in any other thread relating to browns topics...that would be trolling IMO, and arrogant to say the least.

Well said.

More bullshit.

Think about it. How much cum would you have to swallow to necessitate having your stomach pumped?

Woody?

WSS

(Sorry)

hilarious! how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if he could chuck wood?

Somehow I don't think BR is shaking in his boots about the Browns. I'm sure he respects everyone, but aside from the planets being in perfect alignment for a couple games in his career I think he's pretty much handled the Browns. Before 10 people respond with the last game, yeah, I know. Still, the Browns aren't a juggernaut. They're typically a W.

Well, that was then, this is now. The fact is, all said, in the trenches, the Browns are better and can dominate the Steelers. Adding the likes of Shelton will simply enhance that factor.

But no, I don't think BR would be shaking in his boots. The one thing that can overcome dominance in the trenches is superior skill on the edges....which the Steelers do have. BR can get quick snap throws to Brown and the other WRs/TEs and out to Bell. Get away from the Browns up the middle strength. While the Browns have the best DB in the division....the Steelers WRs/TEs/RBs still give them a challenge. Browns weakness on the edge rush is where the Steelers may want to exploit.

Archived