THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe Thomas on Deflategate

MLD Woody

Judge was tasked with determining the validity of the process that lead to the suspension. So the suspension was either going to be upheld or not. And it was "not".

Bad news is an appeal is likely being filed as I type this...

Good news is Brady vs. Steelers Week 1.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I think this decision makes complete sense. If you and others on here can look passed your bias against Brady, and look at the facts of the situation, you can see the NFL was in the wrong.

This was becoming more apparent to pro Brady and neutral observers. It made Goodell and the NFL look even worse.

Judge was tasked with determining the validity of the process that lead to the suspension. So the suspension was either going to be upheld or not. And it was "not".

Bad news is an appeal is likely being filed as I type this...

Good news is Brady vs. Steelers Week 1.

Of course the NFL will appeal. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000520654/article/roger-goodell-nfl-will-appeal-tom-brady-ruling

TOM BRADY WINS AGAIN!

As long as he wins against the Steelers, I'm fine with it. Yeah, I think he got away with one. If it was a criminal matter- they could have busted him for tampering with evidence, I'd cut him more slack if he hadn't destroyed the cell phone.

amazing how the right wing strict 'law-abiding' citizens' hate the pats and the northeast when it's the birthplace of our country.

no dickheads it's not plymouth, missouri it's plymouth massachusetts. the pilgrims didn't fly in from england on a 747.

Considering the specific words used by the Federal Judge that were aimed at the NFL it makes me wonder if Josh Gordon has a right to appeal his year long suspension. Perhaps I am looking at this through homer goggles but a full season for weed in this day and age? Sounds overly zealous by the NFL and if I am Gordon now may be the time to strike and appeal due to this decision.

Considering the specific words used by the Federal Judge that were aimed at the NFL it makes me wonder if Josh Gordon has a right to appeal his year long suspension. Perhaps I am looking at this through homer goggles but a full season for weed in this day and age? Sounds overly zealous by the NFL and if I am Gordon now may be the time to strike and appeal due to this decision.

but it's gordon's multiple failed drug tests.... more than one.....that has doomed him

For those betting folks... I would not settle as yet.

I'm no lawyer, but Article 46 of the CBA does not seem to prescribe actions in the areas where the judge "found" grounds for vacating the suspension. Seems akin to binding arbitration clauses we routinely agree to in the internet era, i.e. fairness doesn't enter into it...

Gip?

https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/collective-bargaining-agreement-2011-2020.pdf

Page 204...

and lets not forget that his final transgression.....the one that got him suspended for a year.....was to have a drink.....

amazing how the right wing strict 'law-abiding' citizens' hate the pats and the northeast when it's the birthplace of our country.

no dickheads it's not plymouth, missouri it's plymouth massachusetts. the pilgrims didn't fly in from england on a 747.

Actually, it is Jamestown Virginia.....13 years earlier (if by "birthplace" you are saying...."where was the first English Colony established in America"

Or perhaps if you are just asking where the first European colony was established, then you have to go to St. Augustine Fla.

:P:D:lol:

For those betting folks... I would not settle as yet.

I'm no lawyer, but Article 46 of the CBA does not seem to prescribe actions in the areas where the judge "found" grounds for vacating the suspension. Seems akin to binding arbitration clauses we routinely agree to in the internet era, i.e. fairness doesn't enter into it...

Gip?

https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/collective-bargaining-agreement-2011-2020.pdf

Page 204...

The Judge seemed to imply that the NFL overstepped their bounds in his decision. The NFL may have just as valid an argument that the Judge overstepped his bounds.

The Judge seemed to imply that the NFL overstepped their bounds in his decision. The NFL may have just as valid an argument that the Judge overstepped his bounds.

My guess is, the judge should have resigned from the case, because

of being an avid patriots fan.

if w all don't see that this went too far then we are way too old and crotchety. it's like giving a kid detention for sneezing in class.

or like sending a clerk to jail cuz she hates fags......

B)

What was that? Oh yea, we made a bet that I would give you my house if Phil Taylor was cut. Good bet on your part.

Only problem: I don't own a house. The only real estate interest I hold is a half interest in a timeshare. I could let you use it and send you on a trip.

Edit: In checking....I offer to send you to Nuevo Vallarta in September to stay in a studio....you don't need more than a studio do you?

(of course, you are responsible for your transportation etc.)

Second edit: I will sweeten the offer and include Acapulco, Orlando, Puerto Vallarta, Atlantic City, Grand Cayman, or Austria. Again, studios.

Mik, you can go here on my dime....but you must go there on Sept. 18th:

ii_mya3.jpg

ii_mya1.jpg

ii_mya7.jpg

ii_mya9.jpg

You certainly did Mik - good job by you!

sorry flugs. had been up all night with no sleep and pondering meeting someone i haven't seen in 20+ years today so was a little squirrely this morn...but things went great and whatever...

sometimes lines are drawn and we get to wrapped up in who wins and who loses when it really means nothing in the real context of life and what's important.

GO BROWNS!!

sorry flugs. had been up all night with no sleep and pondering meeting someone i haven't seen in 20+ years today so was a little squirrely this morn...but things went great and whatever...

sometimes lines are drawn and we get to wrapped up in who wins and who loses when it really means nothing in the real context of life and what's important.

GO BROWNS!!

An old girlfriend? Take her with you to Acapulco.

Mik, you can go here on my dime....but you must go there on Sept. 18th:

ii_mya3.jpg

ii_mya1.jpg

ii_mya7.jpg

ii_mya9.jpg

thanks gip....(i guess...awkward). is that when the hurricane is scheduled to blow through there? HA!!

i'm so white i'd burn in 2 mins. me no like sun. me like ice and rain and cold drink.

My guess is, the judge should have resigned from the case, because of being an avid patriots fan.

Maybe, but the court was the NFL's choice, so...

Archived