THE BROWNS BOARD

Here's what the Obama family did

Well, I'm trying to get the main issue people are having. Whether that's where he's going, the tax payer's expense, or just the vacation in general.

If its about the taxpayer, understanding what we're billed for is important to understand IMO

It's not the tax payer. Or, it shouldn't be. Did you miss my explanation a page or two back where I broke down the potential points?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not the tax payer. Or, it shouldn't be. Did you miss my explanation a page or two back where I broke down the potential points?

Party of income inequality vs spending a lot of money on vacations?

Correct?

I guess my previous posting is referencing both the issues with the vacation brought up in the OP, as well as those that have been brought up since then.

After which he can return to the White House and scold rich people for not being sensitive and having too much money.

WSS

but he doesn't do that.. Hasn't ever done that. If you're not smart enough to parse the difference between "hey you guys should pay a greater share of taxes since you're worth more" and "hey you guys shouldn't make as much money as you do, calm down with that".....than I dunno dude how do you tie your shoes in the morning?

Whether you agree or not agree with liberals wanting rich people to pay more % of their income to taxes, something I don't necessarily agree with btw....I still understand the actual argument being made because, I dunno...I think more? I analyze more? I really am at a loss anymore to explain some of you guys intrinsic lack of perception. Disagreeing with people is one thing, completely whiffing on their point is an entirely different thing.

The question wasn't where can he go. Thr question was where can he go and still talk about income inequality. What vacation would you be ok with him taking if he were to return and talk about a growing income gap? Or is he just not allowed to talk about that at all because he's well off?

Asked and answered. He can go Laurie wants and say what he wants and his acolytes will support him.

WSS

but he doesn't do that.. Hasn't ever done that. If you're not smart enough to parse the difference between "hey you guys should pay a greater share of taxes since you're worth more" and "hey you guys shouldn't make as much money as you do, calm down with that".....than I dunno dude how do you tie your shoes in the morning?

Whether you agree or not agree with liberals wanting rich people to pay more % of their income to taxes, something I don't necessarily agree with btw....I still understand the actual argument being made because, I dunno...I think more? I analyze more? I really am at a loss anymore to explain some of you guys intrinsic lack of perception. Disagreeing with people is one thing, completely whiffing on their point is an entirely different thing.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2015/02/02/obama-budget-seek-stabilize-deficit-address-income-inequality/R9TYMVAZHxiw0iDiFJvheL/story.html

The question wasn't where can he go. Thr question was where can he go and still talk about income inequality. What vacation would you be ok with him taking if he were to return and talk about a growing income gap? Or is he just not allowed to talk about that at all because he's well off?

Something that can be covered by the wages of "the regular guy" that he seems to try to play to while bagging on anyone who is "rich".

I expect to see the Obamas at King's Island.

If I were to guess, we got stuck with the whole bill.

I believe he pays for everything a "normal" person would pay for (food, lodging, etc) while we pay for all of the additional "president stuff". Like Air Force 1, secret service, etc. I imagine the latter is the bulk of it too

I believe he pays for everything a "normal" person would pay for (food, lodging, etc) while we pay for all of the additional "president stuff". Like Air Force 1, secret service, etc. I imagine the latter is the bulk of it too

That doesn't cover that the Obamas are taking expensive vacations, whining about rich people, then fitting everyone with a very expensive bill for security relating to these expensive vacations that only 1%s are supposed to go on.

I really hate hypocrisy and that applies to both sides of the political coin.

That doesn't cover that the Obamas are taking expensive vacations, whining about rich people, then fitting everyone with a very expensive bill for security relating to these expensive vacations that only 1%s are supposed to go on.

I really hate hypocrisy and that applies to both sides of the political coin.

I was just referring to your post that we front the entire cost.

ok I read that, did you? It says at the end he's looking to lower the corporate tax rates for companies that stay here and produce jobs here. Even more for manufacturing companies. Sooooo....you're saying I was right?

I see you still don't understand. Ok.

Then I think he should visit his grandparents in his town of birth back in Kenya.

:D

WSS

Isn't a trip to Africa expensive?

Archived