THE BROWNS BOARD

Virginia Reporter and Camera man shot on live TV (Both killed)

There is some hypocrisy involved in wanting a smaller, less intrusive government while supporting the interference of government to restrict marriage rights and abortion.

As for taking advantage of a crisis, the words "terrorism" and "Muslim" are thrown around pretty regularly immediately following something like this until proven otherwise. At lunch when this happened the restaurant had Fox News on. They had a terrorism expert talking about the shooting.

But like I said, it isn't unique to either side.

Of course not but you've used a bad example. Adding an entire class of people to be called married is adding to government.

Homosexual marriage has never been illegal.

WSS

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point was, that libs with an anti-second amendment vendetta, use every

incidence of crime involving guns as justification.

The smaller gov vs gov outlawed abortion hypocrisy argument is nonsense. Smaller, not

zero gov.

I think those who want smaller government, do NOT want murder of born and unborn children to be legal, and federally funded.

The thing I would hate to see are law abiding citizens losing gun rights not because of something they have done but what they possibly could do? Who can really predict human behavior? Psychology is not an exact science with all kinds of different views being presented in the psychology field.

Psychiatrists are the ones who prescribe medication. It would have to be left up to the treating physician. Nothing is exact.

Here's another, at the age of 18 you can go to war and kill as many people as you can, sign binding legal documents buy houses cars etcetera etcetera. But when you get home from Iraq you can't sit down and have a fucking beer. I'm not sure if that's conservative or not since a lot of Democrats are Mothers Against Drunk Driving pussies too.

WSS

Here's another, at the age of 18 you can go to war and kill as many people as you can, sign binding legal documents buy houses cars etcetera etcetera. But when you get home from Iraq you can't sit down and have a fucking beer. I'm not sure if that's conservative or not since a lot of Democrats are Mothers Against Drunk Driving pussies too.

WSS

Not sure how it is now, but you could always drink on base. And it was rarely difficult to get a buzz off base.

Here's one. Smaller government and the bloated DEA.

By the way I don't see smaller government and the abortion issue being two sides of a coin.

WSS

and you think that because you're just like the left. You all want smaller govt where it suits you and bigger also where it suits you, no difference.

I would bet that anyone who knows a bipolar person also knows that getting them to take their meds is often difficult to say the least.

Also Vapor, 20% is one day out of every work week.

Can you imagine if someone were given a gun who had only minor mental health issues recorded and he shoots someone. How happy do you think the lawyers are there?

WSS

Right, my point about the 20% of the population with depression is that it's not at all representative of homicidal, non-gang gun crime. It's estimated (I can't find a good source on this number) that anywhere from 2-15% of people who are depressed will kill themselves. I don't think it's fair to take guns away from the other 90%.

Should the government be allowed to dig into your medical records to see what medications you've taken? I mean, ideally, knowing what we know, people with a history of taking antidepressants probably shouldn't have guns but what about benzos? What about opiates? Should people with a history of pot be precluded? Where do you draw a line?

Anyone care to comment on this?

The only cases that I would be okay with that happening is if the person has a history of violent crime. In those cases, I'm pretty sure the crime precludes them from gun ownership, so I'm not sure there is a point to the additional access to medical records.

WSS

Of my buddies who enlisted out of high school, I don't think any of them were ever denied a beer when they presented their military ID.

well, Obamao and holder know there are a lot of low information,

happy to be emotionally manipulated entitlement wonks out there

that the brainwashing will work on.

Archived