THE BROWNS BOARD

Connor Cook

gftChris

2015 season hasn't even started, but we're being linked with one of the top QB prospects in the 2016 draft:, Connor Cook from MSU:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000516307/article/browns-showing-interest-in-michigan-state-qb-connor-cook

"The Cleveland Browns are already doing their due diligence on Michigan State senior quarterback Connor Cook, according to Cook's high school coach, Gerry Rardin.

Rardin told CBS Sports that the Browns visited him earlier this month to discuss Cook. Rardin, who is retired after 35 years as a coach at Walsh Jesuit High School in Ohio, also said it was the first time an NFL team had paid him a visit to discuss a prospect.

"They feel like Connor is going to be one of the more important guys in the draft, for sure," Rardin said, per the report."

If Cook just shows more progression in the accuracy and mobility department he's a lock for the top QB spot in 2016. The guy exudes franchise QB talent from physical tools to the vision on the field. If the Browns go down in a blaze of glory this year he's a strong early pick that's for sure.

If Cook just shows more progression in the accuracy and mobility department...

AKA, consistency... and he has to show a lot more.

• 3 weeks later...

Well... with a clean pocket where he can stride to his first read Cook looks great. Otherwise... not so much.

Bad throws on the run and bad throws if has to reset...

Still early, but not seeing Connor playing the role of Neo in our Matrix...

Ridiculous to follow top prospects?

NFL quarterbacks are about to get a lot worse by and large. Supply and demand will take its toll. But I think it will be a good thing as too much weight is currently put on whether a team has a QB or not.

Interesting bit the other day on ESPN about how College football's love affair with the Shogun/spread/hurry-up offense is killing not only the supply of NFL QBs, but also NFL linemen.

i watched the msu game last night and was hoping someone would start a connor cook thread so i could shit all over it.

wasn't impressed.

i will say that farmer (and i'm his biggest fan) better get off his high horse and draft a couple of thoroughbreds next year. if duke isn't going to work out and bowe can't get separation...............

Archived