THE BROWNS BOARD

RB's the Browns may have interest in........

jcam222

Well we have all heard the Ray Rice chatter. At the end of the day I think they may bail on this idea due to the press. I am not really starting this thread to discuss the semantics of Rice, his actions etc. Aside from Rice who else is out there that might come in and make an impact? Some that come to mind for me:

Pierre Thomas - I think he is solid and has some left in the tank. Great pass catching RB as well

Ahmad Bradshaw - Guy is dynamite when you can keep him on the field, as a pass catching RB there aren't many better in the NFL period

Fred Jackson - FA since but by Bills today, solid guy but getting up there in age

It gets pretty dicey after these with some possible cuts coming or low value trades:

Theo Riddick ? perhaps with Abdullah and Jocquie they would move him? decent pass catching

Bryce Brown - Buffalo will likely cut him

Ronnie Hillman - word is he is on the bubble in Denver

Khiry Robinson - buried in NO depth chart

Matt Asiata / Jerrick McKinnon - One of these guys might be available since AP returned

Darren Sproles - The man I have rode to so many PPR championships, I think he is still money on 3rd down

So do any of these interest you?

So I take it the Willis Mc Ghee and Ben Tate thing was a real struggle for you ;)

Yep!!

Seriously though, Crowell is fine (I know he fumbled too much last year). West had some good games (@Cincy in particular), but seems cocky. Duke, if healthy, could be the scat back we've been missing since maybe Metcalf. I think we'll be ok with what we have, hungry young guys.

Yep!!

Seriously though, Crowell is fine (I know he fumbled too much last year). West had some good games (@Cincy in particular), but seems cocky. Duke, if healthy, could be the scat back we've been missing since maybe Metcalf. I think we'll be ok with what we have, hungry young guys.

Bob, I agree with you so you are probably wrong :D , but typically the reason why you go to a retread older RB is the guys watching these young guys in practice every day realize they aren't any good. One thing I think we typically overlook is player personnel lead to wins vs losses and cost coaches/GMs jobs.

Yep!!

I like these guys in general but:

Crowell - is careless with the ball at times but worse he seems to literally just trip over himself too often

West - First he is just a dumbass, straight up stupid, add to that far to often he dances east west and he is a concern. I think the potential is there but a lot of work to be done, mostly inside his head

Johnson - completely unproven, has a track record of being injury prone in college, definitely would like to see what he has

If we keep 4 I would like to see these guys but a vet to guide them who still has gas in the tank would be great. I think Jackson. Thomas or Sproles fill that role. I also still love Bradshaw

Is Sproles actually on the bubble in Philly?

Only name other than Jackson that interests me... vet presence is a significant factor and it's coming out that Jackson is Mr. Teammate.

Does our GM just get to draw names out of a hat or do we just assume the guys he drafts don't have to be impact players.

typically the reason why you go to a retread older RB is the guys watching these young guys in practice every day realize they aren't any good.

I think we are talking about signing a vet simply because we want o carry more than 2 backs, and right now #3 and #4 are nursing injuries.....so, dont think it has to do with lack of talent or the guys we drafted not being good enough.....

I think we are talking about signing a vet simply because we want o carry more than 2 backs, and right now #3 and #4 are nursing injuries.....so, dont think it has to do with lack of talent or the guys we drafted not being good enough.....

If Draughn is healthy, and he is supposed to play Thursday, I don't think we make a move to replace a young guy with a retread.

Zombo

We already have a Shelton. Pass. http://www.inquisitr.com/1891677/340-pound-o-j-simpson-ill-be-in-a-wheelchair-by-the-time-i-leave-prison/

OJ is supposed to get out of prison soon.....then he may be available. I hear he is looking to make a comeback. :huh:

Archived