THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Wednesday 9/2/15

The Gipper

Here is this week's survey....give your opinions or answers:

1. Brown' first round pick a few years ago Phil Taylor is now gone.......who was the worst Browns first round pick taken since 1999?

2. Per CBS sports the following are the over/under in number of wins expected for each AFC North team:

Ravens 9 wins

Steelers 8.5 wins

Bengals 8.5 wins

Browns 6.5 wins

Say whether you would take the over or under for each of these.

3. Which 4 teams do you pick to make the College Football Playoffs at the end of the year?

4. Read this article about Steve Spurrier complaining about Ohio State's schedule:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25286976

A coach of an SEC team complaining about a weak non-conference schedule by a team from another league. Is he a fucking idiot...or what?

5. Which US city would you absolutely stay away from visiting because of perceived danger?

1. Brown' first round pick a few years ago Phil Taylor is now gone.......who was the worst Browns first round pick taken since 1999?

Brady Quinn

2. Per CBS sports the following are the over/under in number of wins expected for each AFC North team:

Ravens 9 wins Over

Steelers 8.5 wins Under

Bengals 8.5 wins Under

Browns 6.5 wins Over

3. Which 4 teams do you pick to make the College Football Playoffs at the end of the year?

Notre Dame

Penn State

Ohio State

Florida State

4. Read this article about Steve Spurrier complaining about Ohio State's schedule:

http://www.cbssports...otball/25286976

A coach of an SEC team complaining about a weak non-conference schedule by a team from another league. Is he a fucking idiot...or what?

No, he's actually quite clever.

5. Which US city would you absolutely stay away from visiting because of perceived danger?

None.

1. Trent

2. Under on the Ravens, Over on all the others.

3. Ohio State, Bama, and two wild cards (maybe one being the winner of BU/OU since they still do not have a conference championship game).

4. There is some justification at least this year since OSU does not have Wis., Iowa or NU this year. But OU and Baylor are worse IMO with a "down" Big 12.

5. The cesspool they call New Orleans would be up there with Detroit in a tie for 1st. Katrina flushed a lot of that cesspool into Texas, otherwise they would have "won" hands down.

1. Gilbert of course ;)

2. Ravens under. Rest over. I don't know how Zombo picked that Bengaks under. We are about to make the NFCWest our slaves.

3. OSU, Bama, OU, USC.

4. Zombo's answer. What a guy.

5. New Orleans. I'd say Chicago but I suppose it's big enough to avoid those areas.

Also, Baton Rouge after your team beats LSU. Incredibly scary. So I hear.

Weeden

Ravens 9 wins

Steelers 8.5 wins

Bengals 8.5 wins

Browns 6.5 wins

I'd go with the over on the Browns & Pittsburgh. Under on Ratbirds & Bengals.

Ohio State, TCU, some SEC "juggernaut," and Arizona State

Yes, he's an idiot, but he's partially correct. The NCAA has basically encouraged a cream puff schedule market with the BCS nonsense, and the SEC took full advantage until recently. At least the article points out how schedules are made years in advance.

East St. Louis

Easy... that'd be Wheezy...

Ravens 9.0 wins UNDER

Steelrs 8.5 wins OVER

Bengals 8.5 wins OVER

Browns- 6.5 wins OVER

At this point... no idea... but gun to head: Buckeyes - BAMA - Auburn - TCU

I have no issue with Spurrier on this specific. The buckeyes' non-conference schedule has been a joke for a long time. At least the in-season schedule...

That said our Post-season schedule last year was pretty tough... much tougher than Spurrie's...

Parma, Ohio... bunch of badass Polacks run there...

In order of "worst":

A. Brady Quinn

B. Trent Richardson

C. Courtney Brown

D. William Green

E. Weeden

F. Gerard Warren

G. Wimbley

H. Braylon

J. Taylor

K. K2

Ravens 9 wins...under

Steelers 8.5 wins...under

Bengals 8.5 wins...over

Browns 6.5 wins....over

How is this for shits and giggles:

Ohio State

Oklahoma

Clemson

Arizona St.

Yes, he is a hypocritical idiot. He complains about OSU weak non conference schedule? His is worse: Clemson and Va. Tech are about equal...and they play the likes of The Citadel, Furman, South Alabama.

And his complaint about the league schedule....which the teams don't really control either...is hilarious. While the Big Ten is not so strong as it could be.....he gets to play the likes of Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Tennessee (which has been down ). That is about the same as having Northwestern, Indiana, and Illinois on your schedule.

Well, there may be parts of every city you may want to stay away from.....but big cities always have good and bad. Some mid to smaller size however may be all bad......a few candidates: Camden NJ, Flint Mich, Bessemer Alabama, Alexandria LA.

Those would be the places to stay clear of if you can.....not so much Detroit etc.

1. Depends on biggest bust vs worst bonehead pick

Trent was biggest bust, dumbest pick? Has to be Weeden, 28 year old who was a product of a quick read offense at OSU

Ravens-Over

Steelers-Under

Bengals-Under

Browns-Over

Ohio State

TCU

USC

Notre Dame

4. Clearly a hypocritical idiot, especially when his South Carolina GameCOCKS lost to Mizzo who lost to Indiana @ Home

5. Miami, Sacramento, Compton

Trent Richardson

Ravens 9 wins-Even

Steelers 8.5 wins-Over

Bengals 8.5 wins-Over

Browns 6.5 wins-Over

Ohio State

Baylor

Auburn

Notre Dame

I love Spurrier

Compton

"Clemson and Va Tech are about equal." Wow. I suppose when the VT game was schedule, maybe. Now, no.

Tour with the double Iron Bowl playoff pick. Nice!

I refrained from making fun of him for that one. But now that you have I guess the bandwagon has more seats. :lol: :lol:

1) Richardson if only for the hype

2)

Ravens - under

Steelers - over

Bengals - over

Browns - over

3)

Ohio St.

Georgia Tech

Auburn

TCU/Oklahoma St.

4) Most people bitch about scheduling creampuffs so I'm not going to fault him for it.

5) Aleppo, Syria, Tikrit, Iraq. I'm not scared of going to any city in America as I'm an American and have a thing called testicles.

5) I'm not scared of going to any city in America as I'm an American and have a thing called testicles.

Guess you never been on the streetcar named Desire. They shrivel up fast out that direction if you get off anywhere near the projects in the 9th ward (if it still exists).

"Clemson and Va Tech are about equal." Wow. I suppose when the VT game was schedule, maybe. Now, no.

Tour with the double Iron Bowl playoff pick. Nice!

By that I mean that both of those programs are historically equally strong. Maybe this year or last year one of the other is a bit better...but I think they stand on fairly equal grounds as overall programs.

Not when I ran the comparison on Winsipedia. VT had more wins but in weaker conferences. Clemson beat them in every other way. Not by a tom, but comfortably.

But...they play in the same conference now....and have for a number of years, no?

Yes, Clemson was more premier back in the 80s....but for the past 25 years I think they have basically been on par.

Only since 04. VT was in the Big East before so I don't think you can compare although regardless, Clemson won its NC in the 90s.

All time records, for what this is worth:

Va. Tech 676/435/44 11-17 in bowls

Clemson 669/448/44 18-18 in bowls

And here are their respective final AP Rankings since 2000:

Year Va. Tech.....Clemson

2000 6.................16

2001 18........unranked

2002 18........unranked

2003 unranked....22

2004 10..........unranked

2005 7...............21

2006 19.........unranked

2007 9................21

2008 13.........unranked

2009 10........24

2010 16........unranked

2011 21.......22

2012 unranked....22

2013 unranked....11

2014 unranked....15

I think overall during this period Va. Tech has been the higher ranked program evidenced by the higher rank in bold....with the exception of the last 3 years.

It was better program. Then better program in the last 25 years. Now we're in some weird 2004/2000 (whichever makes Clemson look worse) cutoff.

If you go back into the 80s Clemson was the better program....won a national tltle. Since about 1990 though, as I said, I think they are pretty equal.

My point is that Spurrier cannot complain about OSU scheduling non-conference cupcakes. That behavior has been an SEC specialty for decades. And while he plays Clemson, they play Va. Tech.....a very comparable opponent for the non-conf. schedule.

And it is the Big Ten...not the SEC that has now adopted the policy of not playing FCS schools. (though certainly there enough lower rung FBS programs to fill the cupcake pan.....like TCPO's Coastal Carolina team).

Courtney Brown

Ravens 9 wins Over

Steelers 8.5 wins Over

Bengals 8.5 wins over

Browns 6.5 wins under

Ohio State Alabama Baylor TCU

A coach of an SEC team complaining about a weak non-conference schedule by a team from another league. Is he a fucking idiot...or what? Yes, and he needs to shut up

Baltimore

By talent, Richardson. Though since we got a 1 back for him, not sure.

Ravens 9 wins Over
Steelers 8.5 wins Over
Bengals 8.5 wins over
Browns 6.5 wins under

OSU, Alabama, then anything could happen

A coach of an SEC team complaining about a weak non-conference schedule by a team from another league. Is he a fucking idiot...or what? I'm not sure why all conferences aren't the same number of teams, then everyone just plays everyone in their conference (maybe twice) and the best teams progress. But it is what it is and I don't care.

5. Which US city would you absolutely stay away from visiting because of perceived danger? - Plenty, though Detroit would be up there.

Archived