THE BROWNS BOARD

Free Josh Gordon!

PoeticG

To suspend him for an entire YEAR for one misunderstood flight? That's harsh by any standards. He restrained from smoking or drinking anything the entire season... it was a misunderstanding. He wasn't smoking crack and getting popped fucking prostitutes, it was a couple drinks with teammates and coaches celebrating the season. So had the Browns won the Superbowl Josh would have been suspended for having a glass champagne? It's ridiculous and if you understand this and continue to side with the NFL on this then you are also draconian and OFFSIDES~

Oddly....I kind of agree with PoG on this. The rules for these guy doing a little drinking or a little dope are Draconian.

I understand that "these" are the rules......and that it is too late to do anything about Gordon......but these rules can change.

We are about to make a major change in the dope rules in this state.

Gay marriage is now legal and people are going to jail for not adhering to the new rules.

So, to me.....this union needs to seriously negotiate a change in the dope rules.

If someone just tests for dope....I see no issue with that.

If they get popped for OVI (whether alcohol or drugs) then that is a concern to be dealt with.

Well, if I drive home from work sober 180 times, and on #181 a cop pulls me over after I drank a quart of Margaritas at the local bar, guess what? I'm going to the slammer. Yeah- the number of tests is absurd- but the NFLPA let the league get away with it.

But if you drink 180 nights....and you also drink on the 181st night and do nothing else.....like drive....that would not be fair.

I agree, you drive impaired putting people in danger you suffer the consequences.

I have dealt out those consequences on many occasions......but I have never dealt out consequences for someone just drinking....just for drinking and driving. (Or if while impaired they do other stupid shit.....like become disorderly or whatever)

"If people would just pay me to stop robbin' 'em, I'd stop robbin' 'em"-Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid :P

"Gordon, however, insists he has no real problem, and no one has yet proven otherwise." :lol:

Funny thing is they do want to pay him for not using and he just doesn't get that. Better go to JF's rehab center where they teach you different, because apparently he can't hear it from the horse's mouth. :blink:

I think the plus is we haven't heard anything bad about Josh this year- YET (as a drug counselor I know likes to say). Still working out were the reports. Around 7 months till he can apply for reinstatement. I wonder if this suspension (assuming he can stay clean) will count as "time served" until his drug record gets wiped clean- it's 2 years, isn't it? Hey if he can come back and come close to that one year production, it will be worth the wait. But I doubt the Browns will take him back without having a backup plan in place.

Again, no crime involved.....just a corporate rule.

And hell....as I said, it will no longer be a "crime" soon.....so it will just be a corporate rule.

Don't like the corporate rules? Go get employed somewhere else.

Shit Disney didn't allow beards until a couple years ago.

Don't like the corporate rules? Go get employed somewhere else.

Shit Disney didn't allow beards until a couple years ago.

Corporate rules can be change a lot easier than statutes....and they ain't fucking sacred by any means.

I think this WILL be a major area of negotiation next time the CBA comes up.

Corporate rules can be change a lot easier than statutes....and they ain't fucking sacred by any means.

I think this WILL be a major area of negotiation next time the CBA comes up.

No arguments about that. Some are stupid as hell, i.e Disney. Point is, you gotta follow company rules else find a job somewhere else.

You're not entitled to your job. Especially when you're highly compensated like NFL players. I'd eat dog shit once a week to make millions per year to play a kids game, if the company mandated it.

Archived