THE BROWNS BOARD

Harbaugh is in for a LONG year

Browns149

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh god, your bias is just making you sound like an idiot. Yes, Harbaugh ran from all of his past jobs. How dare he succeed at each of his past stops and then use that success to move up...

I am going to guess, after the success JH had in the NFL, a lot more than 3 teams were interested. Again, if he wanted to be in the NFL, he'd be there...

If he had a decent offer in the NFL

HE'D BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE DIDN'T HAVE THAT OFFER.

you keep claiming, he had all these GREAT offer's

He didn't have that offer. Just check the teams that had an opening.......................

Once Andrew Luck becomes available, he will be right there to slurp it up.

That is, if Urban, Or Saban doesn't take it first

If he had a decent offer in the NFL

HE'D BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE DIDN'T HAVE THAT OFFER.

you keep claiming, he had all these GREAT offer's

He didn't have that offer. Just check the teams that had an opening.......................

Once Andrew Luck becomes available, he will be right there to slurp it up.

That is, if Urban, Or Saban doesn't take it first

How do you know he didn't get a decent offer?

Is it just possible he prefers being back home, at Michigan?

NFL teams don't need to have an opening at coach to talk with a potential new coach...

I don't see Urban or Saban going to the NFL.

NFL teams don't want to pay coaches as much as college programs do. I wouldn't worry too much about any of these guys leaving.

Are you sure about that? The college vs NFL pay thing?

Also, I'm not too worried about money either way. JH turned down more money so that he had more to offer assistants (most of our assistants are NFL guys).

NFL teams don't want to pay coaches as much as college programs do. I wouldn't worry too much about any of these guys leaving.

There are 8 NFL head coaches that make over $6 million

There is 1 college coach that makes over $6 million

Nah now that I look it up, the NFL is paying a lot more than I thought. However, do I think rabid fans of a top 15 program (not team, program) would win the bidding war against an NFL owner? Yes.

So... in your hypothetical scenario where the entire Michigan fanbase gets to pool their money together to bid against one owner? Yeah sure. Especially since that fanbase includes an NFL owner, lol. Of course, this would never happen. In fact, the hypothetical scenario you presented does nothing for the point you were trying to make.

What point are you arguing against? I have no idea what you're so aggressive about. Calm down. This is why no one likes you. We're having a simple conversation and you have to run up and get butthurt about someone making a point that wasn't even an attack on you. It's an odd tick.

How would it never happen? NFL team A calls a guy's agent and offers x. Agent goes to school and tells them about the offer. Boosters offer x+15%. Agent tells NFL team A about the offer. He counters. Etc. This happens all the time.

Well, your initial point that CFB coaches get paid more than NFL guys was wrong to begin with. I think you were trying to make the point the guys like JH, Meyer, etc will stay in college because they can get more money there. That isn't true, and isn't their main objective. But, they both will be sticking around I'd imagine.

I wasn't being aggressive at all. The initial point you made was incorrect and the hypothetical follow up did nothing to correct the first incorrect point. Nothing more to it than that.

He overreacts in his self defense all the time war. This isn't anything unusual. He approaches every attack on michigan like he's defending his mother's honor. That's what makes it so much fun to hate on Michigan when really I just kind of feel sorry for them. But not too sorry. I'm a browns fan. I know the feeling.

But I admitted my initial point was wrong. "Now that I look it up, the NFL is paying more than I thought." Your attempt to rub my face in it is pure jackassery and is, again, why no one likes you.

Yes, after admitting my first point was wrong, I made a new point. You admitted that new point was accurate, but now are saying it isn't true. So you're contradicting yourself. You said "that would never happen." I outlined a scenario in which it was perfectly plausible and asked you to clarify. You didn't. Do you actually wanna discuss the topic, or just pump Michigan like anyone actually cares?

He overreacts in his self defense all the time war. This isn't anything unusual. He approaches every attack on michigan like he's defending his mother's honor. That's what makes it so much fun to hate on Michigan when really I just kind of feel sorry for them. But not too sorry. I'm a browns fan. I know how the feeling.

At least you actually are a Browns fan. Woody never discusses them despite making about 35 posts a day on a site literally named "The Browns Board." Odd.

But I admitted my initial point was wrong. "Now that I look it up, the NFL is paying more than I thought." Your attempt to rub my face in it is pure jackassery and is, again, why no one likes you.

Yes, after admitting my first point was wrong, I made a new point. You admitted that new point was accurate, but now are saying it isn't true. So you're contradicting yourself. You said "that would never happen." I outlined a scenario in which it was perfectly plausible and asked you to clarify. You didn't. Do you actually wanna discuss the topic, or just pump Michigan like anyone actually cares?

I was saying it isn't realistic. The entire Michigan/OSU/etc fan base isn't going to bid against an NFL owner.

But yeah, I don't think Saban will ever go back to the NFL. Probably not Meyer (if he went anywhere it would be ND to prove he's the greatest CFB coach ever). Harbaugh may go back, but I thin its less likely than some on here believe.

He overreacts in his self defense all the time war. This isn't anything unusual. He approaches every attack on michigan like he's defending his mother's honor. That's what makes it so much fun to hate on Michigan when really I just kind of feel sorry for them. But not too sorry. I'm a browns fan. I know the feeling.

1) Good thing you do overreact emotionally about any subjects

2) I didn't even think I was defending Michigan in thus instance. At the center of his argument, we think the same thing haha

You mean he is the Michigan version of Vagitron.....who does the exact same thing when it comes to the Steelers. The difference being the Steelers have been more successful lately.

You mean he is the Michigan version of Vagitron.....who does the exact same thing when it comes to the Steelers. The difference being the Steelers have been more successful lately.

Haha

Never occasionally say good things about michigan or bad things about Ohio state I guess I the less here. No matter how reasonable and unbiased they may be

By the way michigan sucks donkey balls and only has two national championships since world war 2. One was nearly 70 years ago. So...yay michigan you were good that one year when woody was 5.

Yep, cycles happen. We're coming out of the worst one in school history. Sadly, when OSU inevitably has a down cycle, I wont care nearly as much as I would have over the past decade.

Archived