THE BROWNS BOARD

Europe and illegal immigrant country shopping

LogicIsForSquares

These people are literally dying for the opportunity of a better life, and we're going to deny them based on what, the fact they were born some place else? The overwhelming majority of the refugees aren't looking to get somewhere and receive handouts, they're looking to start a life somewhere, find work, raise their family. I guess the 'European Dream' has become the new 'American Dream'

These people are literally dying for the opportunity of a better life, and we're going to deny them based on what, the fact they were born some place else? The overwhelming majority of the refugees aren't looking to get somewhere and receive handouts, they're looking to start a life somewhere, find work, raise their family. I guess the 'European Dream' has become the new 'American Dream'

Well good luck with that Pollyanna.

WSS

If I were escaping a war torn hell hole, I would not be country shopping. They are safe but are continuing on to the country that will benefit them the most.

Yes, I keep hearing how the overwhelming majority of muslims are just great people yet they keep committing detestable crimes. Funny how those great people and their great culture is responsible for so much shocking violence. But, hey, as long as you voluntarily submit to sharia law and convert to islam you should be ok.

- One thing that gets missed in the conversation here - and I believe that applies over there as well though I'm not certain - is that we have a serious population issue. The retirees are not being replaced in the workforce at anything like a 1:1 ratio by young people hitting working age. Forgetting any pension implications, a shrinking workforce mean a shrinking production/output, leading to all the things that go with that.

- I'm sure some on this board will approve of Hungary's declaration that they'll take refugees, but not muslims.

- Whilst technically, all refugees must be processed in the first EU country they reach, those two countries are almost exclusively Italy and Greece. I think the rest of Europe is kind of turning a blind eye to that since those two countries are in the shit, particularly Greece. Millions more people - even if they want to work - put such an extra strain on those countries that they can't cope. In response the EU has asked for countries to accept refugees by a semi-voluntary quota. This is ultimately why people are 'country shopping'

Poor little immigrants - they should be allowed to find a home in the liberal west...lalalalaaaaaa

Pollyanna

1. ISIS escapee says Irish fighters are used as...
    www.irishcentral.com/news/ISIS...Irish-fighters-are-used...

“It was either fight with ISIS or they will kill me” admits former ... Irish AmericanImmigration ... "The Irish fighters are perfect snipers; they use them ...

2. USDA to Mexico: Illegal immigrants can have food...
    www.washingtonexaminer.com/usda-to-mexico-illegal...

... Illegal immigrants can have food stamps. ... advising Mexicans in the U.S. that they do not need to declare their immigration status in order to receive ...

3. terrorism - Are ISIS terrorists posing as refugees...
    skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/28861/are-isis...

... 'They use the boats for their people who they want to send to Europe as the ... terrorism immigration isis. ... and even he admits that "the European police ...

4. ISIS Says, "the US-Mexican border is now open",...
    shoebat.com/2014/08/30/isis-says-us-mexican-border-now...

... with even “calls for border infiltration”. ISIS knows that there are a ... ISIS already

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2015/09/missing-point-syrian-refugees-150903110038405.html

ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hamish de Bretton-Gordon
Hamish de Bretton-Gordon is a chemical weapons adviser to NGOs working in Syria and Iraq.

The refugee problem in Europe is of our own making. It is a direct result of our inactivity towards Syria hitherto, and particular, us ignoring the perceived and stated red lines on the use of chemical weapons after the Ghouta chemical attack in August 2013, which killed up to 1,500 people.

Id even add our own beloved BHO in his BRILLIANT foreign policy - playing chicken with Assad and his drawing his own lines,

these people (radical, militant extremists) do not respect diplomacy. They DO respect force!

hoping the problem goes away IS not a policy!!

Obamao's cowardly failure to lead, and liberals in general

always say "it's none of our business to intervene"...

so there ya go.

Fallin apart like before WWI, and WWII.

Ignored problems fester, and grow, until you have major, dramatic problems.

All liberals have to do, is wait long enough, and give our more and more food stamps.

The question civilized countries need to ask is this: does the influx of hundreds or thousands of Muslim refugees make your Western society better or worse? Then you can ask yourself how much?

WSS

That's absolutely not the question we should be asking, and I'm embarrassed for you. Civilisation is not something that anybody has a right to exclude others from, especially based on basic things like race, religion, gender whatever. What civilised countries should be asking themselves is how can we make the world better? Can we really, as good human beings - let alone supposedly good christians - let people coming to us, asking for help, die in the water, on the beaches, in the streets, in search of a better life? Because that is literally what is happening every day.

No, not every person seeking the promised land will be an angel - but if that's the standard we require to live in our civilised world, then 90% of the so called civilised people will need deporting.

Frankly sir you can belay your embarrassment.

And forgive me if I roll my eyes at your sudden outpouring Christianity after so many years of railing against it.

There are reasons that different countries have different names borders flags traditions etcetera. There are reasons why humans go to war to preserve these.

There are reasons that we have police forces and armies to keep our citizens safe. There are reasons we have trade policies to better the lives of the citizens of our own countries.

WSS

I'm not pretending to be christian - I'm calling out those who fight tooth and nail against things like abortion, gay rights etc in the name of christianity, only to slam the door in the face of the poor and needy. If as much money was spent on helping the needy as is spent on those causes, how quickly could we solve this problem?

I'm not pretending to be christian - I'm calling out those who fight tooth and nail against things like abortion, gay rights etc in the name of christianity, only to slam the door in the face of the poor and needy. If as much money was spent on helping the needy as is spent on those causes, how quickly could we solve this problem?

Well to the first part of your statement I guess you're bitching at someone other than me, correct?

And to answer your question how long will it take us to solve this problem? About as long as its taking now.

We, meaning any Western civilization, could easily bankrupt ourselves giving everything away to the third world.

And in my opinion the third world would only grow and fester.

It's a long process though and things will definitely change. If you think it will change for the better well, good for you. I might have 20 or 30 years left so it won't affect me.

WSS

Well to the first part of your statement I guess you're bitching at someone other than me, correct?

It's a general point, not aimed at anyone specifically.

And to answer your question how long will it take us to solve this problem? About as long as its taking now.

We, meaning any Western civilization, could easily bankrupt ourselves giving everything away to the third world.

And in my opinion the third world would only grow and fester.

It's a long process though and things will definitely change. If you think it will change for the better well, good for you. I might have 20 or 30 years left so it won't affect me.

The famous WSS optimism. "It's all shot to hell, nothing we can do about it in my life so fuck it all anyway" - guess what, some people care what kind of world they leave behind.

WSS

History shown that muslims are almost always violent invaders leaving death and destruction behind them. Is that the world you want to leave behind for future generations of brits? Subjugation to the whim of a medieval religion that's not even made the few steps that Christianity has? that seems unconscionable to me.

That's absolutely not the question we should be asking, and I'm embarrassed for you. Civilisation is not something that anybody has a right to exclude others from, especially based on basic things like race, religion, gender whatever. What civilised countries should be asking themselves is how can we make the world better? Can we really, as good human beings - let alone supposedly good christians - let people coming to us, asking for help, die in the water, on the beaches, in the streets, in search of a better life? Because that is literally what is happening every day.

No, not every person seeking the promised land will be an angel - but if that's the standard we require to live in our civilised world, then 90% of the so called civilised people will need deporting. Chris

Stop the nonsense. Let all these hundreds of thousands of would be immigrants build their

own darn civilization like we did, instead of coming here, and other countries, for instant gratification.

And handouts/free rides. No society should be so gutless and warped in their thinking that they figure

it isn't self-destructive to have open borders, and unlimited millions on the dole. Ever thought about

the ability to AFFORD subsidizing a million new people to your shores?

Eventually, the quality of life in your own country, as well as ours and others, will depreciate to

pitiful levels.

THEN where will you be at with the liberal "love everybody, give everything to everybody, take care

of everybody" baloney?

Charity starts at home. We DO allow immigration. We just don't want crooks, rapists, murderers, especially the

"Muslim" terrorists.

Chris, you should get your drinking water checked for contaminants.

Speaking of history, science boy, can you show me any examples things getting more and more wonderful? And why we should expect that by giving and giving and giving the world will be made better?

Maybe just go back the last six thousand years that the Earth has existed?

Can you see a pattern as to why empires rise and fall?

:)

WSS

Archived