THE BROWNS BOARD

2015 Player Cuts

Canton Dawg

D, I'm not a fan of the guy either, but he did not play. No timing with Josh was not surprising. No timing with Thad even less surprising.

I think Pet had to see him compete through 3/4's of that so-called game the other night... and he did. Ran routes hard... came out healthy... and that was enough for now.

Would I be surprised if he is on a short leash going into the regular season? Not in the slightest... I think a #1 needs to emerge by game 5 or there will be a reevaluation...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

D, I'm not a fan of the guy either, but he did not play. No timing with Josh was not surprising. No timing with Thad even less surprising.

I think Pet had to see him compete through 3/4's of that so-called game the other night... and he did. Ran routes hard... came out healthy... and that was enough for now.

Would I be surprised if he is on a short leash going into the regular season? Not in the slightest... I think a #1 needs to emerge by game 5 or there will be a reevaluation...

I hear ya. I didn't watch game 4 at all, so I like hearing he played hard. Still don't think he is worth his contract., hopefully I'm eating crow in a few months, and I gladly will!

Well boys, Josh Lambo beat out Nick Novak and is the new kicker for SD. Told you he was good. Do we now go after Novak?

Coons is the man.

I am wearing a coon skin hat and his jersey to the opener.

Zombo

Not a lot of talk about Players going to Practice Squad.

I see Pullard, Lenz, and Mayle as likely, and I'd throw in Draughn, Jennings, and Wynn as possibles.

With West on the Block there could be a little bit more shuffling - Coach Montgomery really likes Draughn as a Mentor to Duke Johnson (if he ever gets on the field).

Still on shaky ground::West, Moore, Housler, Semour, A. Bryant, Carder, Bademosi, Poyer and Coons if Farmer has any Magic left by midnite of week 1. (Oh shit that's Sunday night)

Not a lot of talk about Players going to Practice Squad.

I see Pullard, Lenz, and Mayle as likely, and I'd throw in Draughn, Jennings, and Wynn as possibles.

With West on the Block there could be a little bit more shuffling - Coach Montgomery really likes Draughn as a Mentor to Duke Johnson (if he ever gets on the field).

I'm not sure, but I think a player has to clear the waiver wire before they can be placed on the PS.

Which Wynn? I like the pair of them.

Speaking of Winns... a little surprised Billy made the 53. Glad, but surprised...

I sincerely believe West will be traded & Housler may go with him. I'm interested to see what happens, but I think we'll come up with an OL & a vet RB.

Mike

What are practice squad rules?

Can any player at any point in a career be placed on one? Or doesn't it have to be a younger player?

If a player is on your practice squad and another team wants him for active roster, do you get the right to promote him first to your roster to keep him or no?

What are practice squad rules?

Can any player at any point in a career be placed on one? Or doesn't it have to be a younger player?

If a player is on your practice squad and another team wants him for active roster, do you get the right to promote him first to your roster to keep him or no?

Can be on practice squad for two years, but a third year is possible if team keeps 53 players on roster at all times. Lenz has accrued two years already, but could make it under that stipulation

F rotoworld. It's Browns football and with a great stay healthy OL it's still ground and pound football for us. Got pound with Crow and M. Johnson. Today is all about West still on the Grounds.

Is Lenz even eligible for the ps? Seemed like that guy could catch gonorrhea from a hooker screwing some other guy six hotel rooms down the hall.

Unfortunately, he didn't make the PS. I was really hoping he would at least make it there. Especially considering that Jennings made it. In my opinion, Josh Lenz showed he can play several positions, but lets hope the Browns made the right decision on this one.

Unfortunately, he didn't make the PS. I was really hoping he would at least make it there. Especially considering that Jennings made it. In my opinion, Josh Lenz showed he can play several positions, but lets hope the Browns made the right decision on this one.

Jennings showed almost as much as Lenz in the passing game, and was pretty electric in the return game. That kid has a career as a returner at least.

I didn't see Bibbs name on the list. How about a trade for Mike Glennon, EJ Manuel, Garapollo.

Terrell Pryor is horrible at QB so they better not be thinking that!

The Pats drafted Jimmy G to be the heir apparent. Pretty sure he's not on the block.

So am I the only one here who is not at all excited about Terrelle Pryor?

WSS

I'm with you on that. I will admit it interests the hell outta me that we took him though. Almost like they are conceding a roster spot for experimental purposes, which is mildly depressing since it's a "building for the future" move.

Not that that's so terrible, but it's so obvious l worry about the other 52 settling for a "building for the future" mentality.

Archived