THE BROWNS BOARD

2015 Player Cuts

Canton Dawg

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/316734/browns-admit-defeat-on-fourth-rounder-mayle

"The Browns are the worst team in the league at evaluating receiver talent."

So when do we admit defeat on another and bring Lenz back in?

Stupid statement......the Browns never choose WRs in the draft.....so it is not matter of inability....it is a matter of choosing not to do so.

I actually think the choice of Mayle in the draft was a throwaway by Farmer. He hates rookie receivers. He hates investing in rookie receivers. Mayle may have been on the chopping block from the moment his name was called.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stupid statement......the Browns never choose WRs in the draft.....so it is not matter of inability....it is a matter of choosing not to do so.

I actually think the choice of Mayle in the draft was a throwaway by Farmer. He hates rookie receivers. He hates investing in rookie receivers. Mayle may have been on the chopping block from the moment his name was called.

Except Gabriel?

Mayle may have been on the chopping block from the moment his name was called.

Really? That makes no sense to me. If you don't want them then why waste a 4th rd. draft choice that could have been used to move up for someone you wanted more? That would be a move worth a firing IMHO.

I'm sure Farmer sees WRs the same way as RBs, guys you can pick up almost off the street, plug them in to a system that suits them, limit what they have to do, and be successful. As such, high round picks on WRs don't seem to be his thing. But he'll still find a place for a good rookie WR.

Yep, and would probably spend a 3rd on a WR if he felt it warranted.

... or a 2nd or a 1st... operative qualifier is "if he felt it warranted".

Really? That makes no sense to me. If you don't want them then why waste a 4th rd. draft choice that could have been used to move up for someone you wanted more? That would be a move worth a firing IMHO.

He took a chance on a WR because the hounds were at his heels so bad for not having done so before. It was on obligatory pick in my opinion. One he was essentially forced into. I am sure he hoped it would work. Mayle was rated as good as others that were picked in his same vicinity.. it just didn't work.

Archived