THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonas Gray to Cleveland?

jcam222

Grey looked great in his playing time last year... then he overslept and did not see the field again.

Bill will want a 2016 pick...

I'd look at him...

Edit: Released I see now... makes it easier, but not exactly a vet... (see below)

Browns trying to add veteran running back

Posted by Zac Jackson on September 5, 2015, 12:17 PM EDT

As the Browns finalize their roster cuts and sort through their outside options, a team source tells PFT the team has prioritized finding a veteran running back either by trade, waiver claim or signing at some point this weekend.

The source said veteran players have relayed to the coaches their feelings that the younger backs and the offense in general will benefit from a veteran presence, on and off the field.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/05/browns-trying-to-add-veteran-running-back/

Matt Cassell got released so Manuel will likely be the backup. How about getting Mettenberger from Titans?

Jonas Gray not bad idea. Patriots are thick with running backs, Blount, White, Cadet. Gray ain't bad

Heard some rumbling just now, what do you think?

This is my favorite RB that is available right now. I'd love this addition. I think Wilbert Montgomery can tap this kid's upside. I saw this guy in his big performance last year and in a preseason game this year. Both times, I was impressed with how hard he runs. I like that style, which was why I always preferred seeing Crowe in lieu of West.

I never really thought West ran with the type of power and leverage his compact frame advertised. Just when it looked like he stopped taking some false steps last year - I started reading some things about him that raised the red flags.

Archived