THE BROWNS BOARD

Cutting drafted rookies, a positive spin....

LondonBrown

I knew they would cut West. He did nothing in the preseason last year and was unimpressive during the regular season. This preseason he looked just like Richardson averaging a little over 2 yards a carry. I thought Parmale or whoever was better. We won't miss him.

This shows that the core of your team is good, that there isn't room for these guys that aren't showing the necessary signs early on.

Makes sense to me anyways...

It also says they won't hang onto drafted garbage just because they drafted him.Not afraid to correct their own mistakes & that's a good thing.

Mike

West had moments. He lacked consistency and failed to progress seemingly because he did not work at his craft. Appears that in the end the staff had no patience left.

browns.com has the following stats:

- West posted 3.9 ypc last year... and 3.6 this pre-season...

- Parmalee? 2.9...

West had moments. He lacked consistency and failed to progress seemingly because he did not work at his craft. Appears that in the end the staff had no patience left.

Yep- vs Cincy on the Thursday night beat down, he had a great game.

I knew they would cut West. He did nothing in the preseason last year and was unimpressive during the regular season. This preseason he looked just like Richardson averaging a little over 2 yards a carry. I thought Parmale or whoever was better. We won't miss him.

West traded, not cut.

Mayle cut

The draft is a crap shoot by nature. The only GM who's consistently great at the draft is, of course, a Brown - Ozzie Newsome.

NE swings and misses all the time.. you name the team, they've had notable terrible picks. Farmer is the best we've had in a very, very long time - and we should stick with him.

One good example: Steelers OLB recent history. Jarvis Jones: Limited athleticism, college production... Bust. Bud Dupree: Limited production, off-the-charts athleticism.. looking like a bust.

The draft is a crap shoot by nature. The only GM who's consistently great at the draft is, of course, a Brown - Ozzie Newsome.

NE swings and misses all the time.. you name the team, they've had notable terrible picks. Farmer is the best we've had in a very, very long time - and we should stick with him.

One good example: Steelers OLB recent history. Jarvis Jones: Limited athleticism, college production... Bust. Bud Dupree: Limited production, off-the-charts athleticism.. looking like a bust.

You are going to have The Vag on your ass for claiming a Steeler player is a bust already.

(besides....even I would be on your ass for that one.....How do you arrive at the conclusion that Dupree is a bust already. I mean, does he have Mingivitis?

Archived