THE BROWNS BOARD

QB Austin Davis a Brown

WalterWhite

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have too many TEs by my count. Can't see where else there's space. But we're still down a RB as well, so who knows. We have a bucketload of DBs but I can't see that changing - we actually have one fewer than this time last year. 8 LBs, maybe? 8 DL, possibly could be reduced.

Nice "me, too" tweet by MKC...

Works for me... but appears to be a 53 guy... so question is, Who goes?

He is PS eligible.

I'd guess one of the TEs or Malcolm Johnson are gone. One of them has to be on the chopping block to add a RB too. If they sign Davis and a RB, maybe a WR like Moore or LB like Carder are gone.

Like Davis (PS eligible even better) . Maybe best thing Farmer has done before the doors closed on him. I would assume the rent a GM was advised of next move pending JM & Duke's game prep at practice to move up Draughn? Got to assume Davis heads to PS if JM ready and per D. Wynn's dad twatter should be to our PS soon. Is their a wavier wire list similar to draft order to claim cuts or is it first come first serve? Cannot believe the guys out there and kickoff is Thursday, what's the hold up? Happy National Beer Lovers Day!!

Like Davis (PS eligible even better) . Maybe best thing Farmer has done before the doors closed on him. I would assume the rent a GM was advised of next move pending JM & Duke's game prep at practice to move up Draughn? Got to assume Davis heads to PS if JM ready and per D. Wynn's dad twatter should be to our PS soon. Is their a wavier wire list similar to draft order to claim cuts or is it first come first serve? Cannot believe the guys out there and kickoff is Thursday, what's the hold up? Happy National Beer Lovers Day!!

Farmer isn't going anywhere.

Wonder if Skype is off limits too?

Roger Goodell not in a real good mood right now as he licks his wounds. Farmer better fart straight than take the Browns to the SB.

I'm sure before the suspension kicked in Ray gave Kuharich as many instructions and "what if" scenarios as possible. Wonder if he was allowed to put them in writing though. If that was the case, he probably left a 300 page novel on Bill's desk.

Fair enough, although he's been suspended for almost 12 hours now...so who says this isn't a Kuharich move?

In Bill we trust. He did a decent enough job with the Chiefs. Farmer had better not mess up. That suspension means zero contact with the club.

Great news. I do like McCown, but obviously he is not the long term answer and neither is JM (sorry Johnny fans). Until we can draft a good QB, he could end up being our starter before the season is over. This does not mean that we wont be winning though, he could actually win out over McCown later in the season.

Great news. I do like McCown, but obviously he is not the long term answer and neither is JM (sorry Johnny fans). Until we can draft a good QB, he could end up being our starter before the season is over. This does not mean that we wont be winning though, he could actually win out over McCown later in the season.

Reason #0264936394739 for Browns QB troubles over the years....

So Gaines to the IR/return and PS filled. Looks like we are good to go unless we are going to add a RB or activate Draughns before Sunday.

BEREA, Ohio -- The Cleveland Browns on Monday signed QB Austin Davis to the 53-man roster and signed OL Garth Gerhart and DL Dylan Wynn to the practice squad. In addition, the club placed DB Charles Gainesicon-article-link.gif (hamstring) on injured reserve – designated for return.

Davis is 6-2, 221-pounds and in his fourth NFL season out of Southern Mississippi. Originally signed by St. Louis as an undrafted free agent in 2012, Davis made his NFL debut last year appearing in 10 games (eight starts) with the Rams. He completed 180 of 284 passes (63.4 percent) for 2,001 yards with 12 touchdowns and nine interceptions. He set USM single-season and career records for passing yards, touchdowns and completion percentage. A native of Collinsville, Miss., Davis graduated from West Lauderdale High School.

Gaines, a sixth round pick this year, will be eligible to return to practice Week 6 and eligible to play Week 8.

Gerhart is 6-1, 310 pounds and officially in his second NFL season out of Arizona State. He re-joins the Browns after initially signing with the club as an undrafted free agent in 2012 and spent that season on the club’s practice squad. He appeared in two games with the Packers last season. His brother, Toby, is a running back for the Jaguars. A native of Corona, Calif., Gerhart graduated from Norco High School.

Wynn signed with the Browns as an undrafted free agent in May and was waived during final roster cuts.

The practice squad is now at the NFL maximum 10 players.

He is PS eligible.

I'd guess one of the TEs or Malcolm Johnson are gone. One of them has to be on the chopping block to add a RB too. If they sign Davis and a RB, maybe a WR like Moore or LB like Carder are gone.

I thought Davis was active too much in 2014 (10 games) to be PS eligible any longer. Plus this is his 4th year in the league isn't it?

Regardless... still have a RB to go.

Archived