THE BROWNS BOARD

Moeller suspended by Browns

Mudfly

Ok, looks like the team just suspended Andy Moeller indefinitely....and it sounds like it was something outside of football.....basically reasons unknown....

So, Id say time to find a new OL coach...

With the Farmer out, I wonder who made this decision?......

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-statement-on-OL-coach-Andy-Moeller/10949404-bcc7-43ee-85ba-38417e2fd6fc

George Deleone (and he is not related to Tom BTW) has a ton of experience. He and Andy basically split responsibilities for different line techniques such as pass pro, short yardage running game, etc. George will basically assume all the responsibilities for now one would think.

Bad news for the Moeller's. Hope it is nothing too bad.

I'd guess that any replacement hire would be Pet's and O'Neil's.

Even under normal circumstances Farmer would be a consultant at best.

George Deleone... will basically assume all the responsibilities for now one would think.

Agree... George was listed as Asst. Line Coach on the web site...

From the above article:

Browns head coach Mike Pettine addressed the media on Monday shortly after the suspension was announced and while he didn't provide any further details of the incident, he said that assistant offensive line coach George DeLeone will serve as the replacement and former Florida Gators offensive line coach Kurt Roper will assist after joining the team in the offseason as a senior offensive assistant.

In today's NFL landscape, I'm betting we have seen the last of Andy Moeller as a Brown.

I'd guess that any replacement hire would be Pet's and O'Neil's.

Even under normal circumstances Farmer would be a consultant at best.

Agree... George was listed as Asst. Line Coach on the web site...

Yup, and he was here all of last year! We should be fine regardless of the curve ball. If anyone here is from Upstate, NY - you will remember he was the OC at Syracuse back when Donovan McNabb was starting at QB as a Freshman and Soph in 95 and 96.

Here's a little background on him:

Coaching career (HC unless noted) 1970–1975 Southern Connecticut (OL) 1976–1979 Southern Connecticut 1980 Rutgers (DL) 1981–1982 Rutgers (DC/LB) 1983 Rutgers (OL/ST) 1984 Holy Cross (OC/OL) 1985–1986 Syracuse (OL) 1987–1996 Syracuse (OC/OL) 1997 San Diego Chargers (OL) 1998 Syracuse (associate HC/DC) 1999 Syracuse (associate HC/OC/QB) 2000–2004 Syracuse (associate HC/OC/OL)

I'd say he's about to be "Riced".

Does Staff get tested for Steroids?

No, but Andy should have learned by now to stay off the sauce. Per the SBN link:

"Moeller received a two-game suspension and $47,000 fine in 2011 when he was the offensive line coach of the Baltimore Ravens after he was arrested for driving while intoxicated. At the time it was Moeller's third alcohol-related arrest in four years and he was "given probation and other requirements related to abstaining from alcohol," according to ESPN."

Manziel should give him a referral to that rehab facility. :)

Woody's agent has released the following statement regarding his recent absence in here:

"After celebrating the court decision to free Tom Brady, my client was ill-prepared for 2 consecutive emotional traumas. First, Missedagain played Utah and missed again. Then, Andy Moeller who used to coach at the school up north just got suspended indefinitely from the Cleveland Browns. Please keep Woody in your thoughts and prayers."

• 3 weeks later...

Archived