SS Donte Whitner Ibraheim Campbell

SPECIAL TEAMS

P Andy Lee

K Travis Coons

H Andy Lee

LS Charley Hughlett

KR Marlon Moore Justin Gilbert Duke Johnson

PR Travis Benjamin Tramon Williams Taylor Gabriel Jordan Poyer

Bowe looks a bad signing as he's got too much guaranteed money to cut.

Mingo behind Solomon is interesting.

This team doesn't, on paper, look any better than last years does it?

Does to me.

T. Williams > Skrine

Shelton > Taylor

Starks > Rubin

Hartline > Austin

A healthy TE > Cameron

McCown = Hoyer, give or take, with more experience and athleticism.

Not sure how you're seeing the same level of talent as last year?

Williams > Skrine - Skrine improved quite a lot last year, guess we'll see how Williams does

Shelton > Taylor - I think you should always wait and see on rookies

Starks > Rubin - Potato/Patato

Hartline > Austin - Agreed

A healthy TE > Cameron - Barnidge was here and healthy last year so no upgrade

I think if they would have gotten Pryor up to speed, Bowe would be gone.

He's definitely gone next year with Gordon back, so I won't be surprised if he gets axed sooner than later.

Zombo

Does to me.

T. Williams > Skrine

Shelton > Taylor

Starks > Rubin

Hartline > Austin

A healthy TE > Cameron

McCown = Hoyer, give or take, with more experience and athleticism.

Not sure how you're seeing the same level of talent as last year?

Completely agree with this 100%.

and you can add that we've improved depth at....

OL with Erving....

RB by adding the Duke....

SS with Campbell......

And WR, because Benji has improved, plus Hartline.....

Williams > Skrine - Skrine improved quite a lot last year, guess we'll see how Williams does

Shelton > Taylor - I think you should always wait and see on rookies

Starks > Rubin - Potato/Patato

Hartline > Austin - Agreed

A healthy TE > Cameron - Barnidge was here and healthy last year so no upgrade

Williams is better than Skrine in every way.....Skrine has always been ranked near the bottom of the league(including last year)...(82nd, to be exact)

Shelton is better than Taylor in every way....especially since Taylor isnt even fit to walk....

Starks = Rubin is a joke.......

And Bibbs, Housler, Dray & Barnidge > Dray and Barnidge....no matter how you slice it.....

Maybe Benjy deserves credit for forcing his way into where he's at instead of it being a knock on Bowe

Ya ... just sayin' ... nine year veteran, third string, what are we keeping him for?

Zombo

Bowe is Farmer's boy - he was part of the team that drafted him in KC and he did great for them for a while. Then declined - Farmer thinks it was due to system and that Flip can get the best out of him. maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but we won't know until we get more than about 2 passes thrown his way.

He's definitely gone next year with Gordon back,

You're really a "glass half full" kind of guy huh? I'm not holding out hope for Gordon ever being a Brown again...

I believe we've improved at:

QB - McCown is slightly better than Hoyer, and this year JM is much better than last year JM

RB - Addition by subtraction. Making Crowell the feature back is a major upgrade over the Tate/West/Crowell experiment

FB - We have one who can block and catch passes

WR - adding Hartline will be huge. Great potential with Pryor. We'll see about Bowe... he might just be 3rd on the depth chart due to his injuries this camp. I believe he will be an asset as the season gets going... He'll at least match the production we got from Austin last year...

TE - wash... this would be a decrease IF Cameron would've ever been healthy. It may be an improvement if Bibbs develops into a playmaker...

OL - Improved depth with Erving

DL - Shelton and Starks are MAJOR upgrades over Taylor and Rubin. Plus, add-in Xavier Cooper plus a healthy A.Bryant

LB - wash... except maybe Solomon improving our run D and a healthy Mingo. Solomon + Orchard > Sheard

DBs - T.Williams is a major upgrade over Skrine, much more consistent. The other guys are a plus based on another year of experience.

STs - Kicker and Punter have been upgraded... in my opinion

So yeah... they may not be "blockbuster" additions, but this team should be much improved from the 2014 version...

Pryor(who has zero history as a WR) strains a hammy and doesnt play...so we should keep him .....

Bowe(who has a 9 year history) strains a hammy and doesnt play.....therefore, he sucks and should be cut.....

Ok...got it.....

He's healthy now and he's third string. Three consecutive years of mediocre stats, including no TDs last year, and 30 years old.

Potential > Washed up when it comes to making depth chart decisions.

Zombo

He's healthy now and he's third string. Three consecutive years of mediocre stats, including no TDs last year, and 30 years old.

Zombo

Zombo, you've played as many competitive snaps at WR as Pryor, but didn't play much in pre-season. Should we add you to the roster?

Zombo, you've played as many competitive snaps at WR as Pryor, but didn't play much in pre-season. Should we add you to the roster?

Pryor is already on the roster.

I"m not talking about adding someone, I'm saying who gets cut when we add a RB ... and a 30 year old who is the 5th WR is more of a candidate than an intriguing weapon they are trying to develop IMO.

Hell, who knows ... maybe Pryor is the third RB now.

Zombo

Pryor is already on the roster.

I"m not talking about adding someone, I'm saying who gets cut when we add a RB ... and a 30 year old who is the 5th WR is more of a candidate than an intriguing weapon they are trying to develop IMO.

Hell, who knows ... maybe Pryor is the third RB now.

Zombo

Pryor as third RB I could see. But Bowe won't be cut ahead of Pryor. Farmer and Pettine would take the (in their view) sure thing over the project if it comes down to it. It's about raising the floor, not the ceiling, changing the culture of double digit losses.

Well...he's healthy for like a week....not trying to make him out to be great, but he certainly deserves a chance.....

To be fair, Bowes history is better than Hartlines and, last year, he completely outperformed him. So, to just throw him off the team based upon a sore hammy seems ridiculous to me.....

Then we might as well cut Pryor, Duke, Winn and Johnny for all pulling muscles too......

So....lets be fair.....here is a completely unbiased look at his "mediocre" stats compared to everybodies new favorite WR.....Brian Hartline.....k?.......(the better stat is in red)

Targets....Receptions......PCT caught......Yds......Yds per catch.....YAC..........drop pct......penalties.....TD's

62.............39....................63%..................477.......12.2....................3.3............8.5%............4..................2........Hartline

90.............60....................67%..................755.......12.6....................4.0............7.6%............3..................0.........Bowe

And Bowe led his team by a mile, whilst Hartline finished as 3rd most productive on his team.......

Finally....same depth chart that has Bowe #3, also has Pryor last.....so, theres that too.....

So.....lets give him a chance.....

You don't pay $9m to a third string guy. Then again, that's guaranteed, so maybe he won't be cut. I'm guessing Pett isn't too chuffed with that at the moment.

We'll have plenty of cap room next year when Bowe gets shown the door.

Gilbert has snuck ahead of Desir ... due to Desir's injury, I assume.

Zombo

If your first round pick is third string- not good.

Bowe is Farmer's boy - he was part of the team that drafted him in KC and he did great for them for a while. Then declined - Farmer thinks it was due to system and that Flip can get the best out of him. maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but we won't know until we get more than about 2 passes thrown his way.

What I saw out of Bowe in preseason g-Chris, is a guy who couldn't get separation on cornerbacks who are now pumping gas at BP.

Oh, he'll get a (small) chance to prove he isn't running on empty. Farmer wasn't afraid to cut Ben Tate, if Dwane proves he sucks- they won't waste a roster spot on him.(At least I hope.)

Well...he's healthy for like a week....not trying to make him out to be great, but he certainly deserves a chance.....

To be fair, Bowes history is better than Hartlines and, last year, he completely outperformed him. So, to just throw him off the team based upon a sore hammy seems ridiculous to me.....

Then we might as well cut Pryor, Duke, Winn and Johnny for all pulling muscles too......

So....lets be fair.....here is a completely unbiased look at his "mediocre" stats compared to everybodies new favorite WR.....Brian Hartline.....k?.......(the better stat is in red)

Targets....Receptions......PCT caught......Yds......Yds per catch.....YAC..........drop pct......penalties.....TD's

62.............39....................63%..................477.......12.2....................3.3............8.5%............4..................2........Hartline

90.............60....................67%..................755.......12.6....................4.0............7.6%............3..................0.........Bowe

And Bowe led his team by a mile, whilst Hartline finished as 3rd most productive on his team.......

Finally....same depth chart that has Bowe #3, also has Pryor last.....so, theres that too.....

So.....lets give him a chance.....

OK- I'll give him a chance- but is that kind of production worth $9 million? The rest of the league thought not. FWIW, Hawkins matched those stats- at about 1\2 the price.

We'll have plenty of cap room next year when Bowe gets shown the door.

If your first round pick is third string- not good.

What I saw out of Bowe in preseason g-Chris, is a guy who couldn't get separation on cornerbacks who are now pumping gas at BP.

Oh, he'll get a (small) chance to prove he isn't running on empty. Farmer wasn't afraid to cut Ben Tate, if Dwane proves he sucks- they won't waste a roster spot on him.(At least I hope.)

For sure, we don't know if his decline was system or skill based. Just saying give him a chance, for the money you've given him already.

OK- I'll give him a chance- but is that kind of production worth $9 million? The rest of the league thought not. FWIW, Hawkins matched those stats- at about 1\2 the price.

I doubt he's worth the money....but NOW we're committed to paying the money......

so do we go ahead and pay $9 M, only to then cut the guy after only throwing him 4 balls(from a crap QB in a crap game?)......

Did anyone see Bowe just stand there watching the ball drop in front of him during the BUCS game. It was like he's thinking why get my uniform dirty for preseason! I couldn't believe it.

Archived