THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns/Jets Trivia

The Gipper

After having put together the other set of trivia that is on here, I forgot that the Browns are actually playing a real game this week. And for those who don't know, I usually do a Browns vs. XXXX trivia. Be that as it may....we can do both. Answer those there and answer these here...if you can:

1. What is the regular season record between the Browns/Jets? (margin of error)

2. What is the post season record between the Browns/Jets?

3. Who was once HC of both the Browns/Jets?

4. What QB that was once a primary starter for the Browns was also a primary starter for the Jets at one time?

5. What player that once led the Browns in receiving also led the Jets in receiving?

6. What player that led the Browns in punting several years also led the Jets in punting?

7. What distinction do the Jets hold along with the Saints and the Buccaneers?

8. What reason did the Jets original owner give for naming the team The Titans originally?

9. Who was the very first HC of the NY Titans nee Jets?

10. The NY Jets have only 4 players in the Pro Football Hall of Fame that are considered in there primarily for their performance as NY Jets. Name these 4 players.

11. What distinction do the Jets hold along with the Jaguars, Texans, Browns, Lions and Chiefs?

12. Who are the NY Jets supporting for President for 2016? (Why?)

After having put together the other set of trivia that is on here, I forgot that the Browns are actually playing a real game this week. And for those who don't know, I usually do a Browns vs. XXXX trivia. Be that as it may....we can do both. Answer those there and answer these here...if you can:

Browns 13-8

Browns 1-0

Mangini

4. What QB that was once a primary starter for the Browns was also a primary starter for the Jets at one time?

Vinny

5. What player that once led the Browns in receiving also led the Jets in receiving?

Braylon Edwards

6. What player that led the Browns in punting several years also led the Jets in punting?

Won their only Super Bowl appearance

8. What reason did the Jets original owner give for naming the team The Titans originally?

Sammy Baugh

10. The NY Jets have only 4 players in the Pro Football Hall of Fame that are considered in there primarily for their performance as NY Jets. Name these 4 players.

Namath, Maynard, Riggins

11. What distinction do the Jets hold along with the Jaguars, Texans, Browns, Lions and Chiefs?

Browns 13-8 I will give you the margin of error (being 1) 12-9 actually

Browns 1-0 Check

Mangini Check

Vinny Check

Braylon Edwards Check

Won their only Super Bowl appearance Check

Sammy Baugh Check

Namath, Maynard, Riggins These are right. There is another.

The Browns lead the all time matchup 12-9

The Browns lead 1-0. 23-20 double OT win in 1986

Eric Mangini

Vinny Testaverde

Braylon Edwards.

Tom Tupa

They are the only 3 teams to win their only Super Bowl appearance.

"Because Titans are bigger and stronger than Giants" referring to the other NYC team.

Sammy Baugh

Joe Namath, Don Maynard, John Riggins, and Curtis Martin (notice no OL or Defenders)

These 6 teams are the ones that have not won a Conference Championship since the 1970 merger.

Jeb Bush, because Jets owner Woody Johnson is Bush's National Campaign Finance Chairman.

(but....it seems Bush's campaign is going down in flames....fair to say?)

Joe Namath, Don Maynard, John Riggins, and Curtis Martin (notice no OL or Defenders)

Not to be Mr. Stickler, but Riggins not in there primarily for his performance as a Jet.

3,880 yards and 25 TDs with Jets

7,472 yards 79 TDs and a Super Bowl MVP with Skins.

Zombo

Not to be Mr. Stickler, but Riggins not in there primarily for his performance as a Jet.

3,880 yards and 25 TDs with Jets

7,472 yards 79 TDs and a Super Bowl MVP with Skins.

Zombo

Per HOF website....Jets are one of his "Primary" teams....so I am going by their designation. I believe the Jets originally drafted him. Some guys that played with Jets are not Primary: Art Monk, Ronnie Lott...who each had a cup of coffee with the Jets.

Archived