THE BROWNS BOARD

Game Day meal

cambridgeho

This year I am going to finally do some smoked ribs and wings. The last 3 years I havent had the time to get up early and start everything and start my tailgating on my back patio. This year, I will be making my neighbors on Chincoteague Islands mouths water. So, Whats eveyones opening game meal, or ritual?

Just bought us a new grill. For years, I cooked once in a while on our backyard fire pit

when we had friends over. But, the pines grew big, and overshadowed it, so that was that.

A new 5 burner Backyard Grill - great time to buy -

I believe I'll grill the babyback ribs, but I will have go by the bbq grill cookbook.

Or, I'll go buy a couple of better steaks and try again - the two top sirloin - I didn't let them

get to room temp, used em straight from the fridge - a bit too well done for us...

and didn't have the high heat going first.

There are some damn good recipes out there for ribs. I now brine mine with apple juice and peel away the membrane on the bone side. For me, the ribs became more tender and now I dont get much because my kids destroy them. As for the Bloody Mary I have to get the actaul recipe from you.

Game day AM. No changes in 35 yrs. Wake up it's coffee while cooking the Game day Western Omelet where anything in the fridge can be a option. Pregame shows kickoff with Bloody Mary's (Home games) Screwdrivers (Road Games, at some point we will get screwed). After that I am a total Coaches Decision (Wifey) What it is?, When it is? No telling but she knows am in the Man Cave where at some point I will hear all about her Panthers Game. Still would never change a thing but our final record has got to get to Panthers record please.

I switch up...Italian sloppy joes, shredded beef, wings, brats, hot dogs & coney sauce, pepper/parmesan burgers, chili. Also chorizo stuffed jalapenos, sausage & cheese dip, pepperoni/mozzarella/parmesan planks & lots of beer & root beer.

I almost always make a pan of peanut butter fudge.

Mike

I'm excited to be getting the games at home this year cause it means preparing game day food. While it's still grilling weather we are going with the traditional yet delicious choice. I'm fortunate to have a legit butcher shop up the road from me so we'll be nabbing some burgers and brats from there. The usual plan for my brats is let them soak in a good porter for about 30-45 minutes before the grill. My wife will be all over making some fresh German-style (the only way IMO) potato salad. Nothing special with the burgers except a locally made seasoning that is delicious.

Of course, that is complemented with a bloody mary with pickle, olive, bacon and celery. There's a local mix here in NC that's legit the best I've ever had before and really gets the juices flowing to yell at the TV all day haha. Can't wait!

Probably heading down to the West Side market and get a bunch of brats. I always figure the easier the better on game day. I can't focus on the grill long enough to make some great steaks when the game is on.

Are we going to see you two on the 20th?

Z

My wife always goes to the home opener with me, so I will be there with my Bride Colleen & my Daughter Maggie & Son in Law Ryan, who also have season tickets. Maybe we can talk Cal into driving up just to tailgate. I will also be posting regarding food & drink to bring a little later.

Z...anytime you're around on an "away" date, give me a shout...Browns' Fans welcome in the Cave!

Mike

I make homemade biscuits and gravy every Sunday morning, and with most games starting at 10am (SoCal) it's a great combo. Dbone

Better than the sausage gravy and bisquits at Bob Evans?

(recipes available?)

Better than the sausage gravy and biscuits at Bob Evans?

(recipes available?)

I'm sure Bobs' are good, but I have yet to taste a better B&G than "Dad's famous biscuits and gravy" - as my daughter calls them.

No recipe, as it's all in my head, but I do switch between sausage, bacon and dried beef............ Damn, can't wait until Sunday!!

My wife always goes to the home opener with me, so I will be there with my Bride Colleen & my Daughter Maggie & Son in Law Ryan, who also have season tickets. Maybe we can talk Cal into driving up just to tailgate. I will also be posting regarding food & drink to bring a little later.

Z...anytime you're around on an "away" date, give me a shout...Browns' Fans welcome in the Cave!

Mike

Mike

My wife and I would love to get together and hang with y'all at an away game!!!!

Archived