THE BROWNS BOARD

Not much changes....Nostalgia

The Gipper

Triv and Pete had some great debates.. I remember sittin on My dads lap, listening to pete.. good ol' times.. Thanks Gip.

Notice that this conversation went on for like 10 minutes......

Can you imagine a sports talk show today allowing a conversation with a caller....no matter how good he is....to go on for that long?

I think they have policies that allow a caller like no more than like 45 seconds or something.

The main difference is that there are no longer any sports talk shows that have hosts that actually know football....

They only talk pop culture, twitter and gossip now.....

No way a knowledgeable caller can even get through, just because he'd eat the current guys alive and show just how stupid they really are....

Imagine a debate between Pete Franklin and Hammer(the figure skater from Denver).....HAHAHA....Hilarious....

Sports talk no longer exists in Cleveland....:(

The main difference is that there are no longer any sports talk shows that have hosts that actually know football....

They only talk pop culture, twitter and gossip now.....

No way a knowledgeable caller can even get through, just because he'd eat the current guys alive and show just how stupid they really are....

Imagine a debate between Pete Franklin and Hammer(the figure skater from Denver).....HAHAHA....Hilarious....

Sports talk no longer exists in Cleveland.... :(

Well, that is why they invented the jockocracy. They do bring in guys that have played the game....and have some knowledge and some personality to do the talking, which is OK.

The problem is: you are right.....many of these talk jocks hate it when a caller knows more than they do or has more insight than them...and since they control the buttons, they just cut off anyone that makes sense that they disagree with.

And like I said.....god forbid that a caller be given more than a few seconds to try to make a decent point.

Well, that is why they invented the jockocracy. They do bring in guys that have played the game....and have some knowledge and some personality to do the talking, which is OK.

The problem is: you are right.....many of these talk jocks hate it when a caller knows more than they do or has more insight than them...and since they control the buttons, they just cut off anyone that makes sense that they disagree with.

And like I said.....god forbid that a caller be given more than a few seconds to try to make a decent point.

Like Les Levine does.. Never saw a more crass talk show host on radio or Television.. Greg Brinda is a real close second.. They both suck.. Les Levine lost credibility when Hal Lebovitz passed away 10 years ago...(can't believe its been that long already)

Archived