THE BROWNS BOARD

Obamao's INjustice dept says Hillary is above the law on erased secret information

calfoxwc

The thing is if there's no black democrat running the black vote is going to fall way way down from the numbers they produced for the last 8 years. Hillary Clinton ain't no Obama. If the Republicans feel motivated to get out and vote they may get their stooge in office.

The female vote will replace the black vote for Hillary.

That could very well be true but the Republicans had better put someone good against her or she will win just by showing up. Young voters still won't give a shit that she is a liar and part of the old school of dirty politicians.

It doesn't matter all that much as the liberal media will paint whatever Republican candidate shows up as Hitler.

WSS

I was hoping that obama administration would turn its back on hitlery -

so as to create a scenario where hitlery would spill the beans on the corrupt

potus in a epic falling out of the shared political power mongers.

but the first level of defense is the DOJ and it is apparently in the bag for the hag

so more business as usual...

I know it's tough but you gotta think whend you read. I said the liberal media which, in my opinion, includes the three major networks. Only hardcore right-wing specialty media give the Democrats crap. The New York Times ABC NBC Washington Post etcetera etcetera etcetera are supposed to be neutral but lean left. I don't fault MSNBC or Fox because I know what to expect. And for all of you who like to spout the cliché about Republicans having to put up a good Candidate who was the last two term Republican president? This would be your example of a good candidate? Please.

WSS

Okay then, give me a list of right wing leaning news sources as prominent as ABC NBC CBS The New York Times The Washington Post the LA Times, basically any major newspaper. And I'm not asking for Fox News or Breitbart or the blaze, and I'm not using the Daily Show MSNBC or the Huffington Post as examples of mainstream.

WSS

"The media is out to get the Reps" bit gets old. Biased media exists both ways.

It does work both ways but not equally. It heavily favors the dems and that is a fact. You have one cable network Fox who leans right up against CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC who all lean left. Then you can add in Hollywood and the liberal entertainment industry as well as our schools and universities that lean left. It is always an uphill battle for conservatives.

Okay then, give me a list of right wing leaning news sources as prominent as ABC NBC CBS The New York Times The Washington Post the LA Times, basically any major newspaper. And I'm not asking for Fox News or Breitbart or the blaze, and I'm not using the Daily Show MSNBC or the Huffington Post as examples of mainstream.

WSS

The Daily Show isn't a news show.

Fox isn't major? Doesn't it have the most viewers?

What are some examples of major left wing bias on ABC, NBC and CBS?

It does work both ways but not equally. It heavily favors the dems and that is a fact. You have one cable network Fox who leans right up against CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC who all lean left. Then you can add in Hollywood and the liberal entertainment industry as well as our schools and universities that lean left. It is always an uphill battle for conservatives.

If what you say is true, and damn near everything disagrees with you, do you ever reevaluate your beliefs?

Is it liberal bias to say being gay isn't a choice? Is it liberal bias to say weed isn't a terrible, deadly, addictive drug?

At what point does it go from some giant conspiracy against one group, to some of the beliefs of that group just being outdated?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2014/10/21/lets-rank-the-media-from-liberal-to-conservative-based-on-their-audiences/

It's not a conspiracy, it's an industry populated by mostly liberal people whose views will come out in the news. You don't have to plan something really hard just slightly. And if you think The Daily Show isn't a news show you really are naive.

But all of us kind of knew that already. Left or right.

WSS

You can't go one post without attempting to insult me, huh?

The Daily Show is a comedy show. If it is treated like news that is a bad reflection of our actual news shows.

That graph showed thr average respondent was already a little liberal.

Also, is it possible that most conservatives ONLY watch Fox News and other conservative media. Therefore skewing the political leaning of the average viewer on ABC, CBS. etc. That graph doesn't rank the content, just the viewer. Fox news could essentially push the other networks average viewer left

JUST THE FACTS:

• In 1964, 94% of media professionals voted for Democrat Lyndon Johnson over Republican Barry Goldwater.
  • In 1968, 86% voted for Democrat Hubert Humphrey over Republican Richard Nixon.
  • In 1972, 81% voted for Democrat George McGovern over the incumbent Nixon.
  • In 1976, 81% voted for Democrat Jimmy Carter over Republican Gerald Ford.
  • In 1980, twice as many cast their ballots for Carter rather than for Republican Ronald Reagan.
  • In 1984, 58% supported Democrat Walter Mondale, whom Reagan defeated in the biggest landslide in presidential election history.
  • In 1988, White House correspondents from various major newspapers, television networks, magazines, and news services supported Democrat Michael Dukakis over Republican George H.W. Bush by a ratio of 12-to-1.
  • In 1992, those same correspondents supported Democrat Bill Clinton over the incumbent Bush by a ratio of 9 to 2.
  • Among Washington bureau chiefs and congressional correspondents, the disparity was 89% vs. 7%, in Clinton’s favor.
  • In a 2004 poll of campaign journalists, those based outside of Washington, DC supported Democrat John Kerry over Republican George W. Bush by a ratio of 3-to-1. Those based inside the Beltway favored Kerry by a 12-to-1 ratio.
  • In a 2008 survey of 144 journalists nationwide, journalists were 8 times likelier to make campaign contributions to Democrats than to Republicans.
  • A 2008 Investors Business Daily study put the campaign donation ratio at 11.5-to-1, in favor of Democrats. In terms of total dollars given, the ratio was 15-to-1.

It is exceedingly rare to find, even in the most heavily partisan voting districts in the United States, such pronounced imbalances in terms of votes cast or dollars earmarked for one party or the other. 

The figures cited above are entirely consistent with how news-media professionals identify themselves in terms of their political party affiliations and ideological leanings:

• In a 1988 survey of business reporters, 54% of respondents identified themselves as Democrats, 9% as Republicans.
  • In a 1992 poll of journalists working for newspapers, magazines, radio, and television, 44% called themselves Democrats, 16% Republicans.
  • In a 1996 poll of 1,037 reporters at 61 newspapers, 61% identified themselves as Democrats, 15% as Republicans.
  • In a 2001 Kaiser Family Foundation poll, media professionals were nearly 7 times likelier to call themselves Democrats rather than Republicans.
  • A 2014 study by Indiana University's School of Journalism found that just 7.1% of all journalists identified themselves as Republicans, vs, 28.1% who self-identified as Democrats and 50.2% who said they were Independents.

We see similar ratios in studies where news people are asked to rate themselves on the left-to-right political spectrum:

• In a 1981 study of 240 journalists nationwide, 65% identified themselves as liberals, 17% as conservatives.
  • In a 1983 study of news reporters, executives, and staffers, 32% identified themselves as liberals, 11% as conservatives.
  • In a 1992 study of more than 1,400 journalists, 44% identified themselves as liberals, 22% as conservatives.
  • In a 1996 study of Washington bureau chiefs and congressional correspondents, 61% identified themselves as liberals, 9% as conservatives.
  • In a 1996 study of 1,037 journalists, the respondents identified themselves as liberals 4 times more frequently than as conservatives. Among journalists working for newspapers with circulations exceeding 50,000, the ratio of liberals to conservatives was 5.4 to 1.
  • In a 2004 Pew Research Center study of journalists and media executives, the ratio of self-identified liberals to conservatives was 4.9 to 1.
  • In a 2007 Pew Research Center study of journalists and news executives, the ratio was 4 liberals for each conservative.

Bias in the news media manifests itself most powerfully not in the form of outright, intentional lies, but is most often a function of what reporters choose not to tell their audience; i.e., the facts they purposely omit so as to avoid contradicting the political narrative they wish to advance. As media researchers Tim Groseclose and Jeffrey Milyo put it: “[F]or every sin of commission…we believe that there are hundreds, and maybe thousands, of sins of omission – cases where a journalist chose facts or stories that only one side of the political spectrum is likely to mention.”

By no means is such activity the result of an organized campaign or conspiracy. Media expert Bernard Goldberg says: “No, we don’t sit around in dark corners and plan strategies on how we’re going to slant the news. We don’t have to. It comes naturally to most reporters.” Goldberg explains that "a lot of newspeople … got into journalism in the first place" so they could: (a) "change the world and make it a better place," and (B) use their positions as platforms from which to “sho[w] compassion,” which “makes us feel good about ourselves.” 

Expanding further upon this point, Goldberg quotes researcher Robert Lichter of the nonpartisan Center for Media and Public Affairs, who said that journalists increasingly "see themselves as society’s designated saviors," striving to “awaken the national conscience and force public action.” Or as ABC News anchor Peter Jennings admitted to the Boston Globe in July 2001: “Those of us who went into journalism in the ’50s or ’60s, it was sort of a liberal thing to do: Save the world.”

Woodypeckerhead is back to his bitchy one liners.

He won't read those points OBF. He'll just change the subject,

or do a woodpecker hissy fit dance around admitting that

he's wrong.

Oh come on, at least paste the link those are cited from.

http://archive.frontpagemag.com/readArticle.aspx?ARTID=32928

A lot of those statistics seem to have come from a survey done by two guys called Robert Lichter and Stanley Rothman in 1981 (obviously not the later ones), published in a book called "The Media Elite"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Media_Elite

Woody - it's not hard to find. Copy and paste a line from the text dump OBF calls a post, and it pops up as the first result. Then follow the breadcrumbs.

I don't think there was any insult there at all Woody. It's pretty clear that was from what youve said that you do watch The Daily Show and you don't watch the other news outlets, at least not very often. And since you to discuss politics I don't know what other conclusion we could come to. Would you think it was stupid if someone said that the Rush Limbaugh program was not a news show?

So Fox News pushes everyone else to the left? More evidence to my side I would guess. But seriously if you don't think those outlets are more liberal then there's no point discussing it. Correct? In your mind everyone is fair and balanced? Great news....

(now is it time for "I never said that" ?

WSS

Oh come on, at least paste the link those are cited from.

http://archive.frontpagemag.com/readArticle.aspx?ARTID=32928

A lot of those statistics seem to have come from a survey done by two guys called Robert Lichter and Stanley Rothman in 1981 (obviously not the later ones), published in a book called "The Media Elite"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Media_Elite

Woody - it's not hard to find. Copy and paste a line from the text dump OBF calls a post, and it pops up as the first result. Then follow the breadcrumbs.

Yeah... Thanks for the "how to use the internet" lesson. I've tracked down plenty of their studies before.

But I'm at work and on my phone. I figured if he posted it, he'd have the info ready to go.

Archived