THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ New York Jets Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Browns should have had a 2 touchdown lead at halftime but because of mistakes, turnovers and penalties they go into halftime behind. They controlled time of possession the first half but kept shooting themselves in the foot. It is not surprising to see the Jets dominate the second half. You see it over and over in football when teams don't take advantage of their opportunities and lose the momentum they had.

The Browns should have had a 2 touchdown lead at halftime but because of mistakes, turnovers and penalties they go into halftime behind. They controlled time of possession the first half but kept shooting themselves in the foot. It is not surprising to see the Jets dominate the second half. You see it over and over in football when teams don't take advantage of their opportunities and lose the momentum they had.

This.

All football is.

Momentum. Browns lost it when Gipson lost the ball after picking it off. No focus.

This is what happens to bad teams.

Thank you Cleveland browns Organization. With the pathetic showing you displayed today has made me pull the trigger and cancel my NFL Sunday Ticket after 11 years. Being out here on the West Coast, I can now look forward to spending my extra $300+ a year on something else (hookers, booze, both). I don't feel the need anymore to get up early on a Sunday and start drinking getting ready to watch your game. The money I will save on alcohol and heart burn medication will forever go to my future grandkids. I will now go outside on a beautiful Sunday and enjoy nature instead of trying to avoid a Monday hangover. I will always keep you in my thoughts, however you will no longer waste my years. I will always root for you, guess I will get to watch your Bloopers on the 4 letter network. Peace Out.

We need playmakers on offense that are leaders

We have Hartline and then nothing I have never

Liked Bowe! The TE. Bibbs seems to have moxy but was inactive

Why was Xavier Cooper inactive...Meder and Shelton were nonexistent

WTH happened

When McCown tried to be superman, and left the game, that was a bad omen, then the INT and gives up the ball...

penalties all over. First game jitters, mistakes...

but they played serious football. Just didn't go well. And the Jets are not the Jags.

Missed Orchard and Cooper on the pass rush, missed Bowe. And one of these days, I want to see

the Browns run a screen. What is up with that? Dray killed em, the Browns are just learning about their

defense....

It's only the first game. Against a playoff caliber team. And things went wrong.

The Browns will be okay - it may take a few games. Give em a break. They played

tough as hell.

Meanwhile, don't be whining that Hoyer woulda done nothin. He got benched. It's one game. Don't be Eyore.

eeyore2.gif

I love my Browns!!! I just want them to be shown some respect by the NFL and its officials! I saw that a majority of our penalties were deserved,but 9 in the first half to two(2) for the Jets!

We deserve a fair shake! We rarely get any!

It doesn't help that we keep shooting ourselves in the foot! Always at the MOST inopportune times!

GO BROWNS

I'll have to go back and watch tape. Oline made a few nice holes, the backs missed a few cuts, Jets made some plays. They have a terrific run defense, so if you're not on your A+ it will smoother you.

Losing McCown hurt. He's capable because we clearly have great pass protection which allows us to get away with not having elite receivers. C

On defense, the interior looked beyond improved compared to last year. We really didnt give up chunk yardage until the later stages of the game. By then the defense was showing wear and bad field position from the offense didn't help at all.

Mistakes, turnovers were the costly part of this game. The Jets dId nothing special. They played the way Pettine and co invision this team. Run the rock, makes some plays passing, don't put the defense in awful positions and most importantly don't turn the ball over.

Ran for 104... allowed 154...

We lost the trench war... both ways.

I expect the O-line grading to be painful.

12 penalties totaling 109 yards.

Pretty much game over right there... and then there were the turnovers.

Ran for 104... allowed 154...

We lost the trench war... both ways.

I expect the O-line grading to be painful.

12 penalties totaling 109 yards.

Pretty much game over right there... and then there were the turnovers.

Of those 154 - how much allowed in the late 3rd and 4th qtr?

We should have kept West, Winn and Pryor. Those were somewhat difference makers. Turbin won't be available for a month. Petting talked about Pryor not being healthy enough to compete in preseason and then keeps old injured Dud Bowe and trades Billy fucking Winn for an injured runningback. Comeplete and utter bullshit. I can't wait until Farmer comes back, I was optimistic all offseason but today was fucking trash.

Duke Johnson is BELOW ORDINARY, I'd take West over his diminutive slow ass all day.

I would say - "Same Old Browns" . . . but I think they've actually regressed.

Mercifully, my feed was crap, so I missed most of it.

Outside of McCown & Manziel, we had 46 yds Rushing on 20 Carries . . . 2.3 yds ave O_O

We gave up 154 yds on the ground @ 4.3 a pop,

Second year, wasn't the D supposed to be better?

It's not like the Jets are a Championship Team (4-12 last year) . . . I hate to see what our Record will be like if things don't snap PDQ, this is the easy part of the Schedule.

When McCown tried to be superman, and left the game, that was a bad omen, then the INT and gives up the ball...

It's only the first game. Against a playoff caliber team. And things went wrong.

tough as hell.

]

The Jets are not a playoff caliber team.

One thing that made me crack up today was when they showed the replay of McCown running on the play he got concussed. He's got this look of sure determination chugging his heart out and when he gets helicoptered it looked like he died. So thanks for the laugh if anything?

As usual nowhere to go but up from here. The titans suddenly look like a tough matchup so we'll see how it goes.

but they played serious football. Just didn't go well. And the Jets are not the Jags.

Missed Orchard and Cooper on the pass rush, missed Bowe. And one of these days, I want to see

the Browns run a screen. What is up with that? Dray killed em, the Browns are just learning about their

defense....

tough as hell.

Meanwhile, don't be whining that Hoyer woulda done nothin. He got benched. It's one game. Don't be Eyore.

eeyore2.gif

Playoff caliber team, the Jets??? Come on dude , Geno & Fitz ?

Archived