THE BROWNS BOARD

ANNOUNCER BIAS during televised broadcasts

sisky fringo

i'm absolutely sick of it. a Brown makes a nice play and they call the opponent who got ran over but not a mention for our guys.

in preseason i heard one douchebag call McCown Luke. against the Bucs ronde barber's version of color commentary was openly cheerleading for them. Jimmy Donovan knows all the opponents numbers and shows class, being happy for a BROWNS PLAYER, not openly cheering for the team.

here some were bitchin about Solomon Wilcots calling games. at least he knows all the players names and has some knowledge about the Browns. on game pass all preseason i got the other teams announcers and not even the main broadcasters, same when i rewatch--Browns crew aren't even an option. or i can get Jimmy D and DD with NO VIDEO.

it's atrocious. then yesterday we get fugging Gum Ball. i tried to listen on the radio--even though it's out of sync and i hear the play 5 seconds before i see it--but the local station 106.3 dropped the Browns Radio Network on us here and now is home to the fucking Pgh Pirates.

anyone know who/where to email to bitch about this?

i'm almost starting to think they are trying to faze us out. i might be paranoid, but sometimes conspiracies are true. it's gotten pretty damn frustrating.

Isn't it normally the home team colour commentating when not prime time games?

In pre-season, yes... thus the Ronde Barber appearance in the NFL Network rebroadcast of the Bucs game.

Once regular season arrives announcers are assigned from national pool and there is a pecking order. We've pretty much gotten the dregs, the trainees... like Wilcotts... in recent history.

since they did away with "rewind", the new "game pass" has different features etc. up from $40 to $100, u get all preseason games live and replays for the year--i'm unsure if you can view reg season live or not cuz yesterday was televised here--but during preseason i had three options for video: Broadcast, Browns, and Opponent. it also had an audio option, which was Jim Donovan and Doug Dieken...but no picture. when I clicked on any of the video options, they were all the opponents feed. fucking frauds. also, after the game was over there were no longer any options and it just played the opponents feed...FOR ALL FOUR GAMES.

previous years with "game rewind", for the most part it was half and half for preseason, half the game had the Browns and the other half the opponent, with no consistency regarding which teams crew covered which half. occasionally, if the opponent's crew was absolutely horrible or insanely biased, they simply chose Jim Donovan and Doug Dieken for the entire broadcast. now, it appears it is the exact opposite of this for some strange reason.

i know Solomon Wilcots was part of the regular broadcast, but unfortunately i can't even access that, just a pair of asshole homers. games at home i could hear the stadium announcer saying players names in the background after a play, but that's it.

in short the Browns get so little respect no one pays any attention nor cares to know about our team, and shit runs downhill to us fans.

In pre-season, yes... thus the Ronde Barber appearance in the NFL Network rebroadcast of the Bucs game.

Once regular season arrives announcers are assigned from national pool and there is a pecking order. We've pretty much gotten the dregs, the trainees... like Wilcotts... in recent history.

I think a case could be made for the assigned refs yesterday too. Left out of the conversation on that INT was the fact the DB was pushing the receiver away from the ball (so he could not come back to it) while it was in the air before he (the DB) turned back to get the ball just as it arrived. No flag. Take a look when you do your review tour.

I think a case could be made for the assigned refs yesterday too. Left out of the conversation on that INT was the fact the DB was pushing the receiver away from the ball (so he could not come back to it) while it was in the air before he (the DB) turned back to get the ball just as it arrived. No flag. Take a look when you do your review tour.

i'm confused. are you saying Tashaun Gipson committed defensive pass interference and it wasn't called, aka we actually got away with one??

We need Bernie back doing the play by play. Brent Jones smacked us around more then Bernie ever did anyone.

Channel 3 fired Bernie after his DUI last year. Channel 4 hired him for the Sunday gig, and I give them credit for that. Always will like Bernie.

i'm confused. are you saying Tashaun Gipson committed defensive pass interference and it wasn't called, aka we actually got away with one??

No, talking about JM's interception when his receiver was prevented from coming back to the ball while it was in the air. Clear pass interference.

No, talking about JM's interception when his receiver was prevented from coming back to the ball while it was in the air. Clear pass interference.

officiating was brutal yesterday. not that the team didn't commit the penalites, just the fact that by week 12 half those flags wouldn't be thrown.

officiating was brutal yesterday. not that the team didn't commit the penalites, just the fact that by week 12 half those flags wouldn't be thrown.

I could have lived with it if they had called a few on them as well. The other not called was JM's mugging when he started a slide. Just a shame that several of our big gainers were called back on penalties.

sisky....with that avatar i wouldn't be arguing.

lol.

i'm gonna let that slide since you are still rockin that Genndy Tartakovsky Aku...

giphy.gif

it's an abomination! ahhh Trump hair on the latest puppet! who will be, the next glove on the invisible hand?

stay tuned, the next rigging awaits...

Okay.

If your mom is fat, ugly, and nasty, you can't really get pissed at the world for not voting her the winner of the beauty contest. Just sayin

:D

DN, Mom's are off limits. you are on T/O until further notice. BUT i'll take the smiling emoji into consideration next review.

Archived