THE BROWNS BOARD

anyone else miss Mangini?

beefjerky

that's what i saw too.

BUT i really like this staff. think it was a poor outing and they all know it. this was a gimme game froma scrub team and they lit us up. something has to happen quickly. like foots in da ass.

no one was a pro-bowler yesterday. no one.

that's what i saw too.

BUT i really like this staff. think it was a poor outing and they all know it. this was a gimme game froma scrub team and they lit us up. something has to happen quickly. like foots in da ass.

no one was a pro-bowler yesterday. no one.

Bullshit. Our punter was excellent...

at least when we had Mangini we were the least penalized team. penalties are killing this team. we just look undisciplined.

Mangini was a decent coach, but the problem is he thinks he's a GM.

His fucking drafts sucked donkey balls.

yeah I liked mangini too, don't forget he was the one that built a running game "we thought" was gonna be the mainstay of our offense for years to come. Defensively we weren't that good under him but like any of these guys, had we given him time.....even Shurmur I think would have been 'decent' given enough time. Our best defense in years still was that 4-3 he was building.

We have to give Pettine years. If anything just look at Buffalo's defense, that has Pettine stamped all over it. I'll give him years as coach if he comes out and says I want to start building off that blueprint. But he's gotta draft/sign the guys that fit that print. We let him do that and this team will be something.

The last time we had a defense that I was proud of and could count on game in and game out, no matter if we were playing the run & shoot Oilers or the west coast 9ers, the head coach was a nobody named Belichick, it was 4-3 based and players like Eric Turner and Pepper Johnson did the work.

It's been a long 15yrs of aspiring to be average. "But D Bone, we had a great pass D last year!" Naaa, it was only because we were so bloody awful against the run, that nobody needed to throw. Combine that with teams being ahead late in the game so they were going to run more regardless to milk the clock, and you have the perfect facade for having a "great pass defense", and this year's D is a carbon copy of last year's D.

and this year's D is a carbon copy of last year's D.

exactly, does anyone see any different? Isn't this exactly how last season started defensively? Maybe people forget cause our offensive clicked early on last year, but we lost a lot of games despite scoring 20+ and even 30+ points. This year our offense ain't gonna put that out. Sooooo, what do we have to look forward to if our defense hasn't progressed one iota? I guess Pettine's run D scheme is so complicated that the guys still don't get it. See that hole? See that guy with the ball running through it? Tackle HIM!!!! Shouldn't be that hard.

Maybe, but it's better than no one having an excellent day... ;)

Thanks to Pet, I'm over Mangini. In my book Eric is now our 2nd best HC since the resurrection of '99... Hopefully that book remains as is for years to come.

Mangina gave us the best running game we had since Mack/Byner. That was our best run blocking O line in forever. Mangini brought in the old Cowboys O line coach and look what he did. Given a couple more years who knows what the defense could have been, lotta guys still held over from Romeo's era. Shit just takes time. I was impressed though with how quickly that run game came together. Give him some credit dude.

Fuck no, Mangina sucked big donkey ballz!

I had no issue with Shurmur, Mangini or Chud. I have always diagnosed the post-1999 Browns failings pretty simply, lack of fucking talent. This organization keeps drafting the worst, or misplaced, players and adding free agents that no one else wants or ones that use Cleveland for the payday.

The last time we had a defense that I was proud of and could count on game in and game out, no matter if we were playing the run & shoot Oilers or the west coast 9ers, the head coach was a nobody named Belichick, it was 4-3 based and players like Eric Turner and Pepper Johnson did the work.

It's been a long 15yrs of aspiring to be average. "But D Bone, we had a great pass D last year!" Naaa, it was only because we were so bloody awful against the run, that nobody needed to throw. Combine that with teams being ahead late in the game so they were going to run more regardless to milk the clock, and you have the perfect facade for having a "great pass defense", and this year's D is a carbon copy of last year's D.

I agree about the pass def. No one needed to throw against us last year. They just ran over us

Well then why did we pass on Bruce Arians? He was better on the Colts then Chuck Pagano.

Pettine will be ok. He needs to take more control of the play calling and go back to the 4-3.

We lost Gordon And Jordon and have no running game. Somebody needs to step up and be the man on offense. Hardline looks good but he needs some help. Who will it be? BIBBS, HOUSLER, BOWE? CROW?

Well then why did we pass on Bruce Arians? He was better on the Colts then Chuck Pagano.

Pettine will be ok. He needs to take more control of the play calling and go back to the 4-3.

We lost Gordon And Jordon and have no running game. Somebody needs to step up and be the man on offense. Hardline looks good but he needs some help. Who will it be? BIBBS, HOUSLER, BOWE? CROW?

Hartline

man can the browns ever get their running game going again? one year with hillis and before that who, metcalf? i mean where did all the greg pruitts and leroy kellys go to? see petersen attack the line.....then watch crow.

bitch ass bitch.

Which takes me back to my very unpopular opinion of wishing we took Peterson instead of Joe Thomas

that's a tough one. 5 years (?) with a great rb but still not to the big game or 10 years with a LT and same result?

if you ask me kinda levels itself out. sure it'd be exciting to see petersen run in orange and brown but you think 21 (?) qbs would be enough since '99 if we didn't have thomas?

that's a tough one. 5 years (?) with a great rb but still not to the big game or 10 years with a LT and same result?

if you ask me kinda levels itself out. sure it'd be exciting to see petersen run in orange and brown but you think 21 (?) qbs would be enough since '99 if we didn't have thomas?

Peterson started with 7 great seasons before injury/suspension. Problem with offensive line is it takes 5 and it appears by the time this team is any good Thomas will be a less effective veteran.

Peterson started with 7 great seasons before injury/suspension. Problem with offensive line is it takes 5 and it appears by the time this team is any good Thomas will be a less effective veteran.

prob say the same thing with haden and mack (if he stays). got a solid core....it's just adding the right people around them. farmer is doing a good job finding the diamonds in the ruff but it's been basically all defense that he's brought in....time to see what he's got playing at the big boy table with the bond villains.

prob say the same thing with haden and mack (if he stays). got a solid core....it's just adding the right people around them. farmer is doing a good job finding the diamonds in the ruff but it's been basically all defense that he's brought in....time to see what he's got playing at the big boy table with the bond villains.

I thought Bitonio was going to be a homerun but he struggled yesterday. My real nervousness is I really don't think any serious free agents want to come to Cleveland.

Archived