THE BROWNS BOARD

anyone else miss Mangini?

beefjerky

Of all the stupid ass shit I've seen you spout off on the political board this one takes the cake BY A LANDSLIDE.

Relax, adjust your panties and get a hold of yourself. Just said that given time he might not have been that bad...he was afterall building a pretty good defense. Imo another year or two and it would have been a top 5 defense.

baloney. The Whining Grass is always greener the further you get from it,

as time keeps passing by...

the grass ends up being pure gold, with fairy dust sprinkled on it.

but, the truth is, it was just grass, and always will be just grass.

Unless you're smokin it...

Relax, adjust your panties and get a hold of yourself. Just said that given time he might not have been that bad...he was afterall building a pretty good defense. Imo another year or two and it would have been a top 5 defense.

Was that panties line supposed to be terribly clever? It wasn't. Shurmur was the epitome of ineptitude.

Shurmur was the epitome of ineptitude.

Agreed....a terrible leader.....definitely the weakest coach Ive ever experienced in my 40 years of following the team....

I thought Bitonio was going to be a homerun but he struggled yesterday.

So, being ranked the #2 guard in the entire league(in your rookie season) isnt a home run?.....and one "ok" game cancels that?....

Sheesh.....you gotta be working really hard to find negative shit to say to make Bito your whipping boy....

Agreed....a terrible leader.....definitely the weakest coach Ive ever experienced in my 40 years of following the team....

So, being ranked the #2 guard in the entire league(in your rookie season) isnt a home run?.....and one "ok" game cancels that?....

Sheesh.....you gotta be working really hard to find negative shit to say to make Bito your whipping boy....

He must not have looked at your avatar.

Buffalo is running what imo is the future of NFL defense's. Base 4-3 with DE's that have the athletic ability to play off the line and give 3-4 looks. I see those guys line up in the two point run stop, two point rush, hands down 3 and 4 point...I mean you name it they're doing it in Buffalo. Those DE's in Buf don't just set the edge, they get off the tackles and either impede the runner that they forced inside or actually make the play. Its' kind of not fair actually.

I'm sold on Pettine. I'm not looking back because honestly since 99 there aren't a whole lot of highlights just way too many lowlights. The one thing this club has done since 99 other division teams have not done is the merry go round of new head-coaches and GM's. It has to stop, it doesn't work. We have the right HC now.

Pretty good debut for Mangina.

Yup... guy can utilize talent...

Just crossed my mind that the above is what we are supposed to be doing.

Buffalo is running what imo is the future of NFL defense's. Base 4-3 with DE's that have the athletic ability to play off the line and give 3-4 looks. I see those guys line up in the two point run stop, two point rush, hands down 3 and 4 point...I mean you name it they're doing it in Buffalo. Those DE's in Buf don't just set the edge, they get off the tackles and either impede the runner that they forced inside or actually make the play. Its' kind of not fair actually.

And Parcells 1983 3-4 was the future of Defense... also had Lawrence Taylor.

I'm sold on Pettine. I'm not looking back because honestly since 99 there aren't a whole lot of highlights just way too many lowlights. The one thing this club has done since 99 other division teams have not done is the merry go round of new head-coaches and GM's. It has to stop, it doesn't work. We have the right HC now.

I'll give him the rest of the year before I make my mind up.

Yup... guy can utilize talent... Just crossed my mind that the above is what we are supposed to be doing. And Parcells 1983 3-4 was the future of Defense... also had Lawrence Taylor.

And another HOF'er in Harry Carson.

I wasn't making Bitonio a whipping boy just stated he struggled yesterday.

And knock Shurmur all you want, add Mangini, Chud and every other coach since 1999 to that list but be consistent when the Browns are 4-12 this year throw Pettine right in there with them. Shurmur has been doing very well as the Philly OC and Mangini has impressed in San Fran. Common theme here the Browns are a talentless organization who has duped fans into believing it's cool to root for a loser.

I wasn't making Bitonio a whipping boy just stated he struggled yesterday.

And knock Shurmur all you want, add Mangini, Chud and every other coach since 1999 to that list but be consistent when the Browns are 4-12 this year throw Pettine right in there with them. Shurmur has been doing very well as the Philly OC and Mangini has impressed in San Fran. Common theme here the Browns are a talentless organization who has duped fans into believing it's cool to root for a loser.

Which only proves that not all coordinators & assistants are head coach material.

Archived