THE BROWNS BOARD

Hard to stay Positive

cdl15

I guess you missed some of those 15 yarders low on a string to keep them away from defenders and into the receivers.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Or maybe Manziel with those low throws is playing to the strengths of his small receivers? Their ability to go low and dig them out of the ground? I wouldn't expect our small recievers to win too many jump balls with taller defenders.

Difference is, all those qbs can make all the throws needed to be successful. JF cannot. I'm really concerned seeing 15 yd passes with nothing on them. 25 yd rainbows are just embarrasing.

JF can absolutely make all the throws. i take it you didn't see the game. being honest, he actually did well.

Carr didnt get any points. His backup was in the game when those 13 points wete scored.

What? Another of those guys who has already played a year that we should have picked has failed to score a TD in the first game of his 2nd season?

How in hell did JM get that TD in the first quarter and 10 points the first half? Impossible if we use the standards of the "shoulda takens" from 2014.

Manziel was much improved over last year and yes, I do realize that he was the worst QB in the history of football...for 6 quarters.

The thing about it is that the "over-confident, cocky asshole" who shit his pants last year didn't cop out and start making excuses.

He accepted the blame for his actions and made moves to correct it. He has dedicated himself to the game and while 3 turnovers is unacceptable are we expected to believe that its an aspect of the game he can't improve?

I may have been vocal about not wanting Manziel, but we need to give him a chance. the Jets game was a mixed bag for Deputy Jonathan, but isn't that to be expected out of any 22 year old QB who hasn't even played a quarter of a season?

Manziel showed me things Sunday that piqued my interest. He is truly devoted to being the best QB he can be and should be the guy going forward. Does he improve after some work with the #1s and real game experience? who knows, I'd like to find out for sure.

Difference is, all those qbs can make all the throws needed to be successful. JF cannot. I'm really concerned seeing 15 yd passes with nothing on them. 25 yd rainbows are just embarrasing.

Not the case. When Manziel came out arm strength wasn't the issue. OK, he does not posses a Derek Anderson rocket launcher arm, but just how far did that trait get our former signal caller? Those problems were 1) With a bullet- character issues, 2) Excessive improvisation and undisciplined, 3) tended to throw jump balls to primary WR- and covered- Mike Evans. 4) threw lame passes off of back foot when forced to scramble, 5) Inaccurate throws when forced to run to his left. 6) Marginal height and body build

Don't forget I was one of the top JF hatas pre draft, I have a long memory, and I almost puked when the Browns drafted him.

PS if Johnny Football was 6' 4", and didn't have his (deserved) party reputation, he would have been the consensus #1.

I am impressed with this board's willingness to give Johnny another shot. Some of the vitriol from the time I joined in February until about 6 weeks ago was just gross. Now I see a lot of level heads and even those of you who still don't like him are at least bringing solid discussion (for the most part).

Not the case. When Manziel came out arm strength wasn't the issue. OK, he does not posses a Derek Anderson rocket launcher arm, but just how far did that trait get our former signal caller? Those problems were 1) With a bullet- character issues, 2) Excessive improvisation and undisciplined, 3) tended to throw jump balls to primary WR- and covered- Mike Evans. 4) threw lame passes off of back foot when forced to scramble, 5) Inaccurate throws when forced to run to his left. 6) Marginal height and body build

Don't forget I was one of the top JF hatas pre draft, I have a long memory, and I almost puked when the Browns drafted him.

PS if Johnny Football was 6' 4", and didn't have his (deserved) party reputation, he would have been the consensus #1.

Thanks for saving me 15 minutes, hoorta, you're the man.

Cdl15, can you watch some of the games then come back and talk? You're talking in the same way someone who has seen 5 Nfl games in their life talks when around real football fans. If you dont like Jonny, cool, but dont make me talk to that guy whos talking out of his ass when I come to a football board.

I guess you missed some of those 15 yarders low on a string to keep them away from defenders and into the receivers.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Or maybe Manziel with those low throws is playing to the strengths of his small receivers? Their ability to go low and dig them out of the ground? I wouldn't expect our small recievers to win too many jump balls with taller defenders.

I couldn't agree more. This is why I am insisting that we get Bowe back, if only as a decoy. We need someone that stands tall for the defenders to worry about. Our small receivers are no threat to anyone. I'm really hoping he is back this week, otherwise, this will be another loss for our team. Again, i'm not expecting anything from him, but his big body will be a threat to some degree.

I couldn't agree more. This is why I am insisting that we get Bowe back, if only as a decoy. We need someone that stands tall for the defenders to worry about. Our small receivers are no threat to anyone. I'm really hoping he is back this week, otherwise, this will be another loss for our team. Again, i'm not expecting anything from him, but his big body will be a threat to some degree.

You're insisting to whom? Haslam? Farmer? Pettine?

Which is exactly why I wanted them to get rid of one of the 4 TE's and keep TP. Tall, fast, etc as the perfect clear out decoy so the small fleas can operate underneath. Dray is not pulling his weight.

Well, its one game and the season is not over yet. Lets give him and Barnidge at least one more game to show their worth. I truly believe that Jordan Cameron was too injured last season to be considered a top TE. And Dray and Barnidge did have good games. I fully expect at least one of them to perform this coming Sunday. But considering we have both of them, we should have Bowe on the field. His size should help us if nothing else. I understand the Pryor is gone, but nothing we can do about that now.

It's one game. We went on the road, against a good defensive team, our starting QB gets knocked out early. The back-up took no 1st team reps and hadn't really thrown the ball for 2 weeks.

What did you expect?

Archived