THE BROWNS BOARD

y'all realize how important the TN game is right?

Clevfan4life

If we lose next week, there's no way we're gonna just going to automatically stomp Oakland. We'll be on a 2 game slide to avg teams at best, a loss to Oakland is very likely if we're down 0-2 at that point. And after Oak? Well take a gander at that schedule. I was gonna say we don't have an easy game till Dec against the 9'ers but they held Adrian Peterson to 30 yds last night. Fucking kidding me? That team was supposed to be gutted. I dunno now. We're looking at a historically bad season if we're down 0-3 when we meet the chargers.

my hand is "hovering" over the panic button. And only because it looks like we've regressed. Defensively we're exactly the same but offensively we look like we've taken major steps backward. It's not like this defense is gonna keep games close. Don't forget that a lot of our wins last year we had to score over 20 points...does anyone see this years defense keeping us in games when the offense scores 10-15 points?

So my finer is hovering until after the TN game. If we shit the bed against TN you can call it. For whatever reason the team just doesn't want to play for Pettine if they put out like they did against NY. And because i'm in no mood for another coaching change, get rid of anybody that doesn't want to fire out for coach Pet.

my hand is "hovering" over the panic button. And only because it looks like we've regressed. Defensively we're exactly the same but offensively we look like we've taken major steps backward. It's not like this defense is gonna keep games close. Don't forget that a lot of our wins last year we had to score over 20 points...does anyone see this years defense keeping us in games when the offense scores 10-15 points?

So my finer is hovering until after the TN game. If we shit the bed against TN you can call it. For whatever reason the team just doesn't want to play for Pettine if they put out like they did against NY. And because i'm in no mood for another coaching change, get rid of anybody that doesn't want to fire out for coach Pet.

I think people don't give enough credence to momentum and motivation in how it effects outcomes of games. We would've scored on the first drive of the game if not for McCown's blunder. That blunder demoralized the team, and demoralized people make mistakes either because they lose focus (12 penalties) or try too hard to do something (too many turnovers). The Gipson int followed by his fumble was another big blow.

On paper, this team is better than last year at QB, WR, OL, DL, DB, and special teams. So let's not project the performance against the Jets across the entire season. I don't agree this team doesn't want to play for Pettine. The problem with 'heart' on Sunday was that it was ripped out when McCown went down, so it seemed like the team wasn't motivated for the whole game, but that first drive says otherwise.

The problem with 'heart' on Sunday was that it was ripped out when McCown went down, so it seemed like the team wasn't motivated for the whole game, but that first drive says otherwise.

You're not entirely wrong but the problem I have with the defense is that it shouldn't matter what the offense was doing. If the defense had kept it closer "maybe" the offense could have stuck with some things and maybe gotten another TD and/or FG. But the defense let the Jets get away so then it was all on JM's arm...and we're not gonna win hardly any games this year if we have to rely on JM winging it downfield.

I think people don't give enough credence to momentum and motivation in how it effects outcomes of games. We would've scored on the first drive of the game if not for McCown's blunder. That blunder demoralized the team, and demoralized people make mistakes either because they lose focus (12 penalties) or try too hard to do something (too many turnovers). The Gipson int followed by his fumble was another big blow.

On paper, this team is better than last year at QB, WR, OL, DL, DB, and special teams. So let's not project the performance against the Jets across the entire season. I don't agree this team doesn't want to play for Pettine. The problem with 'heart' on Sunday was that it was ripped out when McCown went down, so it seemed like the team wasn't motivated for the whole game, but that first drive says otherwise.

I think you forget we're 7-0 up after one series of the JFF 2.0 era. We should be pumped that our backup can come in and hit a TD pass in his first series. But then, things happen to suck the momentum - missing a gimme TD to Hawkins, the INT-fumble, the INT, that's a swing of 18 points that killed the game. Because if those things don't happen, we're 14-0 up at the half...

Sure, hindsight, but still, it didn't just go to shit when McCown got injured. Slightly after.

I think you forget we're 7-0 up after one series of the JFF 2.0 era. We should be pumped that our backup can come in and hit a TD pass in his first series. But then, things happen to suck the momentum - missing a gimme TD to Hawkins, the INT-fumble, the INT, that's a swing of 18 points that killed the game. Because if those things don't happen, we're 14-0 up at the half...

Sure, hindsight, but still, it didn't just go to shit when McCown got injured. Slightly after.

I think losing the starting QB is a very big blow and it is all cumulative when it comes to team morale. Sure all the other things you mentioned contribute to sucking momentum, but IMO it starts with the uncertainty one feels when the backup QB goes in. And yeah, I was happy with the pass to Benjamin, too, but Manziel is still basically a rookie despite being in his second year, I expected him to do rookie things so I was just waiting for it to all fall apart. Sad to say that's what happened.

We have to run and we have to stop the run. We did neither in Game 1.

That plus the fact that on paper we are in the easy part of our schedule, kinda increases the importance of the Titans' game...

Your "hovering hand" is understandable.

We have to run and we have to stop the run. We did neither in Game 1.

That plus the fact that on paper we are in the easy part of our schedule, kinda increases the importance of the Titans' game...

Your "hovering hand" is understandable.

I gave it a slap with a "down boy down". I'll be better by Sunday. Just been in a miffed like funk over seeing a carbon copy of last years defense.

They could be a winning team if they used their big tight ends and ran the ball. I cannot wait to see what they do to Mariota. The Buccaneers are not the Browns. Mariota looked like Fran Tarkenton Sunday. This will change at kick off.

GO BROWNS

Greetings from Nashville, or as we say lately, "Aloha, bitches!"

Yes it will be a pivotal game for both clubs. Cleveland has to get off the early season mat and see if the Johnny Football thing is truly going to work. He's certainly better than last year but the big question is will be be good enough. One interesting story will be the Titans defense. You guys play the Steelers twice a year but last season both games were early (weeks 1 and 6) and I don't think Manziel played in either game. So he's not seen Dick Lebeau schemes yet.

As for Mariota, his first week was better than anyone predicted. We're still trying not to get ahead of ourselves in the Music City. We were a 2-14 club last year. The defense is still likely a few pieces away from being solid. The o-line was rejiggered at the last minute during the pre-season. We still have receiver questions and our top tight end Delanie Walker will likely miss the game after banging his wrist (fortunately not broken).

Still we won on the road last week. Yes it was against another 2-14 team with high hopes but road wins are always tough to get, especially for middling teams. Sunday should be interesting.

Greetings from Nashville, or as we say lately, "Aloha, bitches!"

You guys play the Steelers twice a year but last season both games were early (weeks 1 and 6) and I don't think Manziel played in either game. So he's not seen Dick Lebeau schemes yet.

Great greeting... hopefully our lava-lava lad will get to hug your island boy...

Dick's D looked good Week 1. Even tho Johnny has not seen it up close, our O-line has and if we get the line calls right, then it can be exploited.

It would not shock me to see our respective QBs emerge as our leading rushers.

Great greeting... hopefully our lava-lava lad will get to hug your island boy...

Dick's D looked good Week 1. Even tho Johnny has not seen it up close, our O-line has and if we get the line calls right, then it can be exploited.

It would not shock me to see our respective QBs emerge as our leading rushers.

If Mariota ends up being a leading rusher, then it's a pretty bad day for us. The point of his rushing ability is to keep the defense honest, not feel he has to be the guy to move the sticks every time. In all of last week's game, there was only one designed run executed for him....again, something to remind the defense that it could happen.

As for the rest of the backfield, I'm sure your coaching staff is looking to take away the run game for us. First because it would probably make us one dimensional and put more pressure on Marcus and maybe get him to make some throwing errors. But also that your run defense was league worst last year so it has to improve, right? And our highly drafted running back from last year, Bishop Sankey didn't exactly set the world on fire in 2014. He seems to be running more with a purpose this year, in part because he probably feels pressure that if he doesn't get better that he may not be "the guy" anymore. And the o-line may actually be blocking better for him now.

Of course the real story will be the return of Terrence West. You guys jettisoned him after last year to us for a sixth round conditional pick. Players often play with a chip on their shoulder against their old team, especially since the trade was only two weeks ago.

And I'm sure that in our market somebody will bring up the whole thing about Jimmy Haslem, the Browns owner and brother of the governor of the state of Tennessee. Jimmy Haslem made news in the last couple of years for his company defrauding their customers and he's done a masterful job of staying off the federal indictment list.

West may have a chip on his shoulder, but I suspect that, given his character, that will distract him from his task more than focus him. His lack of focus and dedication is why we got rid of our leading rusher, who cost us a third, in exchange for a conditional bag of chips.

Dick LeBeau has retired.

Was retired by the Steelers, but was signed by the Titans.

As for the rest of the backfield, I'm sure your coaching staff is looking to take away the run game for us.

Of course the real story will be the return of Terrence West. You guys jettisoned him after last year to us for a sixth round conditional pick. Players often play with a chip on their shoulder against their old team, especially since the trade was only two weeks ago.

Stopping the run and running the ball are Pettine mainstays. My QB rushing prediction is based on scrambles, not designed runs.

As for West... he may have the chip, but does not seem like any tears were shed in our locker room over his loss. To the contrary there's more resentment over a third rounder not applying himself. So look for a little extra in the tackles of West as well.

Archived