THE BROWNS BOARD

Michigan (gag) town votes to deny building permit for Mosque

DieHardBrownsFan

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they should have the right to build a mosque but until I start seeing large numbers of Muslims rise up and condemn radical Islam and terrorism I really don't care if they get denied a building permit for a mosque.

So ignorance and fear is a reasonable defense in your mind?

Wait... What am I saying... I almost forgot our past conversations.

Yay religion....

Muslims condoning radical Islam does mot make good click bait.

On what grounds do you think this mosque was denied?

It was denied because the city can do what it pleases pretty much. In my subdivision we have a field that was zoned residential that the land owner wanted to get zoned for business. I think almost all of our subdivision showed up to City Council to oppose the change in zoning but it didn't matter the city was going to do what it wanted and changed the zoning of the land to business.

I have no problem with Muslims building mosques. There are a lot of Muslims in Michigan and I've never had a problem with any of them. Call to prayer doesn't bother me dropping down on the sidewalk to pray to Mecca doesn't bother me, none of it bothers me.

But I still don't want thousands of refugees from war-torn third-world violent shit holes like the ones we saw in diehards video. No matter what the fuck they are pissed off about.

WSS

It was denied because the city can do what it pleases pretty much. In my subdivision we have a field that was zoned residential that the land owner wanted to get zoned for business. I think almost all of our subdivision showed up to City Council to oppose the change in zoning but it didn't matter the city was going to do what it wanted and changed the zoning of the land to business.

And if there were legitimate zoning or build concerns I understand it completely.

The reaction by the crowd and some of the comments are a little troublesome though. That kind of ignorance gets too much support in America

Just saying if radical Islam does not represent the Muslim faith then why are Muslims by and large so silent about radical Islam and not out in force to stop it? Answer: they condone it by and large

Why were Catholics so silent when young boys were being abused by Priest's?

It went on for years and years, with priest's getting caught and just sent off to another parish.

No one in the Catholic church stood up and said anything, it just went on.

Why were Catholics so silent when young boys were being abused by Priest's?

It went on for years and years, with priest's getting caught and just sent off to another parish.

No one in the Catholic church stood up and said anything, it just went on.

I can't tell you why except for too many years sexual abuse of children was not taken as the serious crime it should have been. Glad to see that has changed today.

Yay godlessness... Let's kill more innocent babies. Even those botched abortions where babies are born alive result in either the abandonment of the baby until it dies or throwing the child in a bucket, putting the lid on, and letting it suffocate.

But it's not a baby though, right? Doesn't matter that it survived it's attempted murder, a half term birth, and looks, breathes, acts like a human baby...

Sure thats the reason (wink).

Yeah, I'd expect that the decision isn't entirely emotionless.

Either way, whether it's mega-mosques, mega-churches, mega-whatever, I tend to get annoyed at these relgious types spending however many millions on places of worship rather than actually helping the poor.

There is a mega church here that was given a building permit with no research done on the logistics of it. They changed the storm drainage in the valley and ended up flooding out everyone else in the area.

The church offered to cover the costs of the damage......

...just kidding. They lawyered up and are refusing to help the people they fucked over.

There is a mega church here that was given a building permit with no research done on the logistics of it. They changed the storm drainage in the valley and ended up flooding out everyone else in the area.

The church offered to cover the costs of the damage......

...just kidding. They lawyered up and are refusing to help the people they fucked over.

Sometimes even churches have to lawyer up. At our church we had a tent service years ago and a big storm came through knocking down the tent and one lady had her leg broken. She sued. In the court room she repeatedly would answer "I don't know" when our attorney asked her any questions on the stand. Our attorney then told her she didn't seem to know much of anything about her own case. She then stated all she knew was the day after the accident a lawyer contacted her saying there might be some money in it for her. Her attorney asked for a recess after that and there was a settlement out of court. I wonder why? :)

Yay godlessness... Let's kill more innocent babies. Even those botched abortions where babies are born alive result in either the abandonment of the baby until it dies or throwing the child in a bucket, putting the lid on, and letting it suffocate.

But it's not a baby though, right? Doesn't matter that it survived it's attempted murder, a half term birth, and looks, breathes, acts like a human baby...

Speaking if emotional responses...

Who exactly has advocated for an abortion as you've described it there? Why do most pro life argument immediately jump to killing fully developed babies, as if that's the only way thus can happen...

Sometimes even churches have to lawyer up. At our church we had a tent service years ago and a big storm came through knocking down the tent and one lady had her leg broken. She sued. In the court room she repeatedly would answer "I don't know" when our attorney asked her any questions on the stand. Our attorney then told her she didn't seem to know much of anything about her own case. She then stated all she knew was the day after the accident a lawyer contacted her saying there might be some money in it for her. Her attorney asked for a recess after that and there was a settlement out of court. I wonder why? :)

The case here is a bit different. The church was told not to change the flow of the storm water but they did anyway and now are trying to stick it to the locals. Not all churches act like that one but they are definitely giving other big churches like that a bad name.

Who exactly has advocated for an abortion as you've described it there? Woody

You have. You support Obamao's total support of all abortion, advanced term pba, all the

murder.

Liberals and atheists alike will never admit that abortion is murder. They know that murdering innocent babies is the worst crime of all. They love to point out past mistakes the Catholic Church (an abomination in itself) has made, but since nothing they have done is worse than murdering babies, they will never admit that abortion is murder.

Furthermore they seem to support Islam when in Islam it is perfectly acceptable to rape young boys and infidel women. But they are quick to point out the Catholic Church scandal.

Liberals and atheists alike will never admit that abortion is murder. They know that murdering innocent babies is the worst crime of all. They love to point out past mistakes the Catholic Church (an abomination in itself) has made, but since nothing they have done is worse than murdering babies, they will never admit that abortion is murder.

Furthermore they seem to support Islam when in Islam it is perfectly acceptable to rape young boys and infidel women. But they are quick to point out the Catholic Church scandal.

As an atheist who has dealt with droves of unwanted kids, abortion is fine with me. It shouldn't be used as the eject button for every moron who doesn't know how to put on a condom. However, the option is there and the cat is already out of the bag. Abortion will never be illegal again. Getting worked up over it won't change that fact.

4 "murders" in the first paragraph. Atheist dig. Liberal dig. Muslim dig. Geez, you're on a roll...

Throwing punches at invisible targets is your strong suit.

Archived