THE BROWNS BOARD

Kid arrested for making clock

gftChris

So this hasn't made it here yet. For those not in the know, a 14 year old kid made a home made clock for a school project or some such. He brought it in, showed it to his teacher, then he got arrested. Apparently he was suspected of making a bomb - though the school wasn't evacuated. He's been suspended for a few days, even though it's definitely just a clock.

Now, it's trending a bit on twitter, he's been invited to Facebook, Google, the WH, and a bunch of other places. No apology from the school or police - I wonder if he would have been arrested had he been called Brock, Logan or whatever, rather than Ahmed Mohammed.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/i-stand-with-ahmed-hashtag-on-twitter-2015-9

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cited a huff post article on Facebook where kids were arrested for such offenses as farting, dropping cake and wearing a cow costume. Let's stop pretending it's because islamophobia. It's possible to be smart and incredibly dumb at the same time and that's where this kid is. Don't bring a briefcase full of electronics with a clock on it to school in this day and age and expect anything good to come of it.

I cited a huff post article on Facebook where kids were arrested for such offenses as farting, dropping cake and wearing a cow costume. Let's stop pretending it's because islamophobia. It's possible to be smart and incredibly dumb at the same time and that's where this kid is. Don't bring a briefcase full of electronics with a clock on it to school in this day and age and expect anything good to come of it.

Wasn't he taking an electrical engineering class?

I think this clock would have gotten pulled aside regardless of the student.

I think the cops overreacted and some of that may have been discrimination related.

I think the responses by some on twitter, facebook or whatever show how blatant islamaphobia is a very real thing.

Could also be a test run, by an adult in his family, without him knowing it.

Who knows. But the English teacher isn't stupid just because she doesn't teach

electrical engineering.

Ideally, the elec eng teacher should have had him keep it in class til the end of the day,

or have the student refer another teacher to him for explanation without calling the authorities.

Could also be a test run, by an adult in his family, without him knowing it.

Who knows. But the English teacher isn't stupid just because she doesn't teach

electrical engineering.

Ideally, the elec eng teacher should have had him keep it in class til the end of the day,

or have the student refer another teacher to him for explanation without calling the authorities.

Agreed. Who knows, iSIS might have recruited this kid.

So this hasn't made it here yet. For those not in the know, a 14 year old kid made a home made clock for a school project or some such. He brought it in, showed it to his teacher, then he got arrested. Apparently he was suspected of making a bomb - though the school wasn't evacuated. He's been suspended for a few days, even though it's definitely just a clock.

Now, it's trending a bit on twitter, he's been invited to Facebook, Google, the WH, and a bunch of other places. No apology from the school or police - I wonder if he would have been arrested had he been called Brock, Logan or whatever, rather than Ahmed Mohammed.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/i-stand-with-ahmed-hashtag-on-twitter-2015-9

yes I wonder if Brock or Logan would get a trip to visit the shamz man in the WH too?

isil is well know to be using children in many ways.

It would only take one relative, to encourage the poor kid

to make a clock, and guide him to make it look like something

more, and find out if it gets noticed.

I didn't say anything about the kid knowing. That happens a lot -

the kids don't know, and end up being manipulated, "in the dark".

Well Brock or Logan wouldn't be potential victims of racial discrimination

how does religious / racial discrimination fit together here?

unless of course you and the rest of us cite the endless

black lives matter tripe with the muslim faith.... oh and add the gays too

thanks obama

I think this clock would have gotten pulled aside regardless of the student.

I think the cops overreacted and some of that may have been discrimination related.

I think the responses by some on twitter, facebook or whatever show how blatant islamaphobia is a very real thing.

Arresting officer was black fwiw

Islamophobia is a very rational phobia. Go over to bestgore and you will see why very quickly. Spoiler alert: there's not 100,000 videos of christians Jews Hindus and Buddhists beheading crucifYing and massacreing entire villages on religious principals. Muslims though...

I'm also afraid of cars

Archived