THE BROWNS BOARD

Account from a Syrian migrant

gftChris

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I call bs. a lot more info is necessary for that so called 'account'

Benjamin Martin would of never let that happen to his family...

absolutely is BS! this "account" is written in the 3rd person removed- otherwise a blatant liberal

propagandized fiction - most likely to inspire the 'sensitivities' of the leftist elite

yea nice try OP.....

the-patriot-8-8-movie-clip-my-sons-were-

No, we should have gone there in the first place.

But once the op was over, we should have let the UN run

the gov or something.

The hideousness of the extreme crimes has frightened so many of them

over there in Syria, Iraq, etc... from even thinking of fighting against them.

They've had generations of chances to stop that sick madness.

We built our country on serious resolve and courage. Chris's story...

how he hates unsubstantiated stuff, eh?

Liberals demand substantiation etc... if the story isn't to their political liking.

They get bitter over links they don't accept... then THEY don't need no stinkin links

when THEY decide it.

ANYWAYS - I did find this story .. some of the words are different...

https://www.facebook.com/Syed.Nadeem.Sarwar.14

They say that if you don’t fight for them, hand over your women for sex with them and give your wealth to them, they will shoot you.

For the Refugees of the Middle East.."

Interesting. Yes, Cleve, Chris and woody - "islamist" terrorism..

is all Bush's fault for going into Iraq...

First terror attack in Mosque was during Ramadan.
Date: 19th Ramazan 40th Hijri (January 26, 661 AD)
Place: Great Mosque, Kufa, Iraq
Terrorist : Abd-al-Rahman ibn Muljam
Organization : Khawarij, meaning expelled (from Islam), it was a group that rebelled against the family of the Prophet Mohammed (pbuh). They had accepted first 3 Khalifas of Islam but refused to accept the fourth Khalifa, Hazrat Imam Ali (a.s.) who was brought up and trained personally by the Prophet (pbuh) a

yep, and now 'syrians" from Africa, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Albania - mostly men

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3240010/Number-refugees-arriving-Europe-soars-85-year-just-one-five-war-torn-Syria.html

Eurostat figures show the truth: 80 per cent are economic migrants from as far afield as Pakistan, Nigeria and Albania simply looking for a better life.

OP would have you believe that authorities are wrong for closing the borders, in light of the out of control surge of non syrians....

35 MILLION migrants heading to Europe, says Hungary as it builds second fence

SHOCK estimates predict up to 35 MILLION refugees could head for Europe due to hugely unstable situations across the world.

GETTY

Migrants seen rioting at the Serbia/Hungary border this week

The huge figure was revealed today by Hungary's minister for foreign affairs and trade Peter Szijjártó.

Speaking as the country begins work on its second fence to stop migrants heading across its border he predicted the current crisis will continue for years.

Mr Szijjártó told the Hungarian Times: "The name of the fence is 'Temporary Security Border Fence' but I think there is no question that in this case temporary means years.

"It's a self delusion to call this situation a migration crisis; it is a massive migration of nations, with inexhaustible reserves.

"I don't think that the analysis results, stating that 30-35 million people out there could possibly become migrants, would be an exaggeration.

RELATED ARTICLES

"Libya, Yemen, Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan are all countries with a huge population and an extremely unstable situation."

The Hungarian government also defended itself from criticism over its fences.

It comes as a ten-year-old migrant boy with a severe lung condition died in Hungary.

His mother and siblings successfully made the journey to Germany but his father stayed behind with the poorly youngster, who was buried on Friday.

The first barrier was put up at its border with Serbia but, after migrants changed their route,they have now begun erecting a 41 kilometre fence at Croatia.

Migrants look to break through to Hungary as that sees them enter the European Union's Schengen Zone which offers free movement between member countries.

He said: "The recent international political decisions created an unstable situation around Europe that makes sure that the amount of people won't decrease.

hungarypeter-348956.jpgGETTY

Peter Szijjártó said estimates of 30-35 million were likely true

"This is why it's extremely important to protect our borders.

"This issue wasn't this important until now, so the European Union neglected it a little bit.

"It became clear that - though its the border of Schengen - Greece couldn't protect the border of the European Union.

RELATED ARTICLES

"The Hungarian/Serbian border is another border of Schengen. If we want to follow the orders of Schengen, we have to build a physical obstruction, because this 175 km long area is quite easy to cross.

"The European Union just realised what the Schengen border means.

"If we want to keep the freedom of movement in the European Union, we have to protect the outer borders.''

well, because I had a friend who was over there, in Intelligence.

And, they found huge warehouses full of advanced weapons.

filled to the brim.

And the arms were a giant business. We're talking more weapons,

rpg's etc etc... than his army could have ever used up in a

hundred year war. They were trafficking, world-wide, in arms.

And, although he was always a nutjob super liberal wingnut..

he enlisted to keep from being drafted...

I asked him if we should have gone to Iraq in the first place.

Of course, I expected, "hell no, this was a mistake"... but he said:

"absolutely YES. But if the American public knew

the intel... they would completely agree."

But the bum would never tell me about the intell...lol. We just should never

have stayed after getting the job done. I think by staying, we enabled them

to avoid self-determination to be a better country. They liked us taking care of

them way too much, and it never ended. Just my thoughts on the matter.

ah yes the "i knew some guy in intelligence but he wouldn't say why just said trust me" ole story. Look I can't discount what you're saying cal but it's fundamentaly useless, yo realize that right? And Sadaam was trafficking arms? Gtfo...no way. Who does that? Oh right we do. The U.S is the #1 arms dealer in the world. We have filtered arms out to every despot and otherwise general pos that's ever walked. Cal, a lot of those "stockpiled" weapons your intelligence buddy was talking about.....take a guess who the likely supplier was for a lot of em. Just take a wild one. We'd been sellng that ngr fgt weapons for decades.

Most Iraqi weapons were Russian and French.

we sell all kinds of weapons. That's what a lot of people don't get about the arms business. Of course we aren't giving some ngr in Africa M1 tanks, but we procure through back channels older weapons from......Rooskies, French, Chinese you name it. The arms business is the single most sordid affair mankind has going. And you only get first flight American weapons if you're officially on our St depts. good boy list, then you get invited for fancy state dinners where you get handjobs from American businessmen who want to somehow exploit your country.

If you're not on our good boy list, that's ok too as long as you're fighting people we don't like. Than you still get all the aforementioned just not the fancy state dept rimjob.

Sorry, Cleve, but you can make up all the contrary allegations you want to,

but my friend was there in Intelligence, and you were not....and indeed, the weapons were russian, chinese, and

french.

Your libtit for libtat is a clusterfook of nonsense bs.

Cleve - are you bucking for a job with the National Enquirer?

aliens in your belfry?

http://www.strategypage.com/fyeo/qndguide/default.asp?target=topten

"#4-The United States armed Saddam. This one grew over time, but when Iraq was on it's weapons spending spree from 1972 (when its oil revenue quadrupled) to 1990, the purchases were quite public and listed over $40 billion worth of arms sales. Russia was the largest supplier, with $25 billion. The US was the smallest, with $200,000. A similar myth, that the U.S. provided Iraq with chemical and biological weapons is equally off base. Iraq requested Anthrax samples from the US government, as do nations the world over, for the purpose of developing animal and human vaccines for local versions of Anthrax. Nerve gas doesn't require technical help, it's a variant of common insecticides. European nations sold Iraq the equipment to make poison gas."

A lot of that stuff was NOT OURS. Back up what you say - go research it and get back to me.

so now, Cleve - which number is greater? $25 BILLION..... or....$200,000 ?

Here, this may help:

https://youtu.be/vWuQVpBeqLs

Here Cal, for your perusal...

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/01/26/world/us-secretly-gave-aid-to-iraq-early-in-its-war-against-iran.html

pertinent quotes: "The Reagan Administration secretly decided to provide highly classified intelligence to Iraq in the spring of 1982 -- more than two years earlier than previously disclosed -- while also permitting the sale of American-made arms to Baghdad in a successful effort to help President Saddam Hussein avert imminent defeat in the war with Iran, former intelligence and State Department officials say.

"Reagan Administration secretly decided shortly after taking office in January 1981 to allow Israel to ship several billion dollars' worth of American arms and spare parts to Iraq"

"while the Administration also ignored the illegal transfer of American-made arms by Iraq's Arab allies and eventually replaced the weapons that had been shipped to Iraq."

and very pertinent: "The C.I.A. also did not inform the committees that it had permitted American-made arms to be sold to Iraq. Starting in 1983, the agency also did not interfere as private American arms dealers began selling Iraq sophisticated Soviet arms purchased in Eastern Europe. One of the major arms brokers was Sarkis Soghanalian, a Lebanese-born Miami-based arms dealer who has been repeatedly linked in the last two decades to gun-running for the C.I.A. Mr. Soghanalian was convicted in Miami last fall of illegal arms trafficking to Iraq and is now awaiting sentencing.

more...."Kuwait sold the Iraqis thousands of TOW anti-tank missiles" "He also acknowledged that by 1982 the Jordanian military was routinely diverting American-made Huey helicopters to Iraq"

Here's a piece in regards to Iraq's use of chemical weapons......http://www.commondreams.org/headlines02/0908-08.htm

"Reports by the US Senate's committee on banking, housing and urban affairs -- which oversees American exports policy -- reveal that the US, under the successive administrations of Ronald Reagan and George Bush Sr, sold materials including anthrax, VX nerve gas, West Nile fever germs and botulism to Iraq right up until March 1992, as well as germs similar to tuberculosis and pneumonia. Other bacteria sold included brucella melitensis, which damages major organs, and clostridium perfringens, which causes gas gangrene.

Classified US Defense Department documents also seen by the Sunday Herald show that Britain sold Iraq the drug pralidoxine, an antidote to nerve gas, in March 1992, after the end of the Gulf war. Pralidoxine can be reverse engineered to create nerve gas."

any questions?

el, wrongo, Cleveo.

Those weapons the U.S. arranged back then, were RUSSIAN weapons, and parts.

That was back then. The shah left Iran in 79.

About two of every seven licenses for the export of "dual use" technology items
approved between 1985 and 1990
by the U.S. Department of Commerce "went either directly to the Iraqi armed
forces, to Iraqi end-users engaged in weapons production, or to Iraqi
enterprises suspected of diverting technology" to weapons of mass destruction,
according to an investigation by House Banking Committee Chairman
Henry B. Gonzalez. Confidential Commerce Department files also reveal
that the Reagan and Bush administrations approved at least 80 direct
exports to the Iraqi military. These included computers, communications
equipment, aircraft navigation and radar equipment.[18]
The United States assisted Iraq through a military aid program known as
"Bear Spares", whereby the U.S. military "made sure that spare parts and
ammunition for Soviet or Soviet-style weaponry were available to countries
which sought to reduce their dependence on the Soviets for defense needs."
[16] According to Howard Teicher's court sworn declaration:
If the "Bear Spares" were manufactured outside the United States,
then the U.S. could arrange for the provision of these weapons to a
third country without direct involvement. Israel, for example, had a
very large stockpile of Soviet weaponry and ammunition captured during
its various wars. At the suggestion of the United States, the Israelis
would transfer the spare parts and weapons to third countries... Similarly,
Egypt manufactured weapons and spare parts from Soviet designs and provided
these weapons and ammunition to the Iraqis and other countries.

In conclusion, Cleveo, I do have a question...

in the program name "Bear Spares".....

do you know who the "Bear" is?

(ya want the Jeopardy theme song again?)

Cal did you actually bother to read? This was a NY times article as well, not some wiki entry. We funneled Russian weapons to them through our own private arms dealers, one of em operating right out of Miami. We also got American weapons to him through Israel. What, did Hussein assemble TOW missiles from spare parts? C'mon cal, admit it now.

I just told you they were Russian.

Your article misrepresents the arms that were sold to Iraq back in the day.

Stop knee jerking. I never denied that we sold arms to Iraq - but it was a small

amount of actual arms.

Which, was the point of your whole hissy fit on the subject. My friend, who WAS THERE,

and on patrol with the troops, said in the giant stacks of weapons in the one giant warehouse

he was in - he recognized chinese/russian and french language on the crates.

Said the warehouse was filled to the brim with them.

Archived