THE BROWNS BOARD

Greetings From College Station, Dawg Pound

wargograw

For some reason I can't stop thinking about how abusively our 4 Pro Bowl DBs, top notch nickel (and maybe our first round pick if we're lucky) are going to haze Marcus Mariota. I know it's a day early but I'm FIRED UP to live in this guy's backfield, head, on his receivers, and generally welcome him to the NFL.

GO BROWNS!!!!!!

Living here in Nashville, the radio shows are talking about how nice 2-0 will feel. It's almost as if they don't realize Dick LeBeau's halftime adjustments vrs us in 2014 weren't any better than Ray Horton's. Nope, we're apparently the same equivalent of a BINGO free space that Tampa was. I kind of like knowing they're thinking about 2-0 before kickoff.

Not for nothing, but our QBs looked pretty good against Tampa's Defense a few weeks ago too. Not to be outdone, our defense made Winston want to forget that outing too.

They need to learn early and often this isn't Tampa!

We need to place allot of pressure on him. Fluster him with our blitzes. Hope to see Shelton allot more this week.

We are in total agreement. IMHO, Shelton in on passing downs=more sacks & interceptions.

Mike

Even Shelton needs some rest...

Living here in Nashville...

Is it true that "there's thirteen hundred and fifty-two Guitar pickers in Nashville"?

Tour, I'm not saying Shelton should play ALL passing downs, but deep in their end or in our red zone, why not? The kid played at a heavier weight & over 80% of downs in college. What we did last week sure as hell didn't put any pressure on Fitzgerald.

Mike

I got ya...

I know he was in for 40 of 60 game 1 plays, but I wonder what the run/pass split was?

Has that been posted somewhere?

Last week, Mariota only had to complete 13 passes in a game plan vrs an opponent that only required him to throw 16 passes. That's the game film people in charge of today's game had to see. Frank Wycheck said he's never seen the Tampa 2 look more QB friendly.

I'd love to see Danny in there pushing the pocket back into the intimate space of QBs in 3-5 step drops. However, I agree Danny needs rest and week 1 might have been a stepping stone/buildup to a bigger workload considering how many reps our dline played in preseason. I think there's too big of a dropoff to play anyone else 33% of the snaps especially if we start causing more 3 and outs moving forward.

I think this will work its way out; but your buddy Flugel has a tendency to learn the hard way when he puts those rose colored glasses on.

I lost my rose-coloreds years ago... maybe when cataracts set in...

With Danny it's just a matter of best use for him: run-stopper deluxe vs. pass-pocket deformer.

With Fitz last week it may have been the latter.

With MM this week???

Archived